AT700 compatible

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by 77suns, Mar 8, 2008.

1. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    Can anyone recommend AT700 compatible with stiff 3U head heavy racket( BP305 or more ) specifification. My indecisiveness to buy AT700 is because there are many i heard find it fragile and some broke it often. BTW my 2 old raclet are 3U+ BP315 stiff.

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I guess, the 'fragile' one is the old version. If you want something similar, you can try the Ti10 and AT900P.

3. cryptail

cryptail Regular Member

student
    I haven't broken my 700 and I play with it for a year... I guess your friends tried the U4...
    And a, something like AT700?... AT700... All rackets are different, and for some people AT900P is almost the same, other say NS9KX, ... I guess it's hard to tell ;-)

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Btw, you mean 'comparable', not 'campatible', right ?

5. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    I will say, MP100 is a great replacement.(IF you are not going to get back the at700)

6. stork

stork Regular Member

-
    Head Metallix 10000
    Grip3 feels similar in balance and weight to At700 3G 3U that I used to play. I love AT700, but prefer the head-racquet now. Metallix is a little stiffer...it feels crisper and it´s a kind of very precise. my string is BG66 or BG80 about 28x30. The frame can hold high tension better than Armortec.

This year there will be a revised version: Metallix 10000 Tour with improved paintjob and a more aeorodynamic section at the top of the head. It´s very expensive but sometimes there a good offers at Ebay.

Attached Files:

#6 stork, Mar 8, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  7. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    as far as i concern,since i have AT900P(TW) (3UG5)/T(CH)(4UG5) n AT700SP(3UG5),none of them is the similar head heavy as the AT700.Even though AT900P is not as head heavy,but the power transfer is almost as big as the AT700..n as a bonus,better meneverability..

8. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    Thanks for all your advise. Yes i am looking for comparable jhirata ( heavy head+ in nature).

I have tried AT900 but find it a bit too stiff and head light so this is out, a bit too much damping for my taste.

3U Ti10 does not deliver that power for me somehow but that's probably because i do not have that fast swing even though i really like the crisp smashing bang( it has a hollow ring sound ). Maybe its the balance BP?

And yes Mp100 frame in particular smash like a rock! I have only test it once and will try again if i have the chance.

Stock:I will check on Head Metallix if i can find one here in Singapore, but as you said they are very expensive so may be out of my budget.

As Smichz had mentioned AT700 seems to be the most head heavy head racket around (with recent technology of course) with affortable price. Ohmm seems only AT700 fit my bill...

9. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Hmmm, u can try the Victor Power Waves 11 or SOTX Woven 7. Both are stiff and head heavy rackets that pack a good punch in your smashes. I've personally had the PW11, W7 and AT-900P they are all good power rackets, but I have not played with AT700 before so cannot compare it to that.

10. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Regular Member

Consultant
    try the karakal SL-70. it's like 5U and leaning towards head heavy.

11. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    Unfortunatly SOTX racket is hardly available here so i will not take the risk to buy without handling it from the net. Will check out Victor racket also.

12. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    5U karakal SL-70 is too light for me, had already tried 4U heavy head BP295 medium flex.

13. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

There are so many head heavy rackets in the market,but i never seen any rackets that r head heavier than AT700.Balance point can go up to 32cm..:eek:,plus..extra stiff.Hard hitters n smashers dream!:cool:

14. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

But i do have some advice for 77 suns.Do u have what it takes to play with AT700?AT700 can be tiring for someone who doesn't packed with enough power.Unlike AT900P,T..this racket demands much more power to play..but will give so much in return as well,if u can really play with it.

It's ur choice though,but if u have lots of powers with u,AT700 is ur definite answer.

15. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    Wow i got hold of one 3U AT700 yesterday i it was real heavy head and heavier than 3U MP99, though the MP99 has quite the same BP but i still it is lighter.Just to be sure i will bring on my old racket to confirm next time. Thanks Smichz again.

16. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

U're welcome,77 suns..:)