Ti 10 vs CaB 20

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by TI-SP-SS dude, Apr 15, 2003.

1. TI-SP-SS dude

TI-SP-SS dude Regular Member

Ti 10

I tested out a ti 10 today
    here is my conclusion:

power: explosive even with little offort

control: horrible! (is it me?) the power is far too superior for me to control.

net shots: ok, but not good, cant get those perfect trick shots.

smashes: for some reason i could not do good smashes on my first try. i think this racket is too stiff for me.

clears: excellent

drops: ok, you cant get perfect ones

weight: head heavy? doesnt even effect me, i use a ti sp ss (blue version) and that feels more head heavy then the ti 10. easy to move around

final conclusion: great racket for those lacking power, but horrible for contol!!!!!!!

2. gumbi001

gumbi001 Regular Member

student
    hello everyone...what a coincident, ive actually been playing with a cab20 titanium sp and i love it..at the beginning it was hard to hit, but after a little while, i felt that it has a good "feel" to it, it allowed me to do good clears and smashes and others things, u guys are right, it is very all around..for a girl, Ti10 is wayy to hard to play with..as much as i love the cab 20 ti, it's not mine and my friend wouldn't sell it to me, do u guys know where i can get one..i really want it! or do u know of any racquet that's similar to this one in their properties? thanks

3. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

cab... 20... titanium?

am i missing something here? Cab = carbonex = all graphite.

4. gumbi001

gumbi001 Regular Member

student
    HEHE..i know that carbonex equals graphite..i don't know, but that was what it said on the racquet..maybe my friend has a fake racquet? hehe..but yeah...since i can't find that one, i think that i want the cab 20L...what do u guys think...has anyone played with it? i'm usually an offensive doubles player..but i would also like to work on my defense some more...

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If u looking for a "cab" all around racket, my vote goes for cab20ms (3U, as 2U is too heavy for me). In us, many dealers carry this one.

Even the 2U (90 - 94 gram) cab20ms tired me relatively fast, it still one of my favorite these days. The stiff shaft provide excellent control with decent power, and just too good to let me give it up.

3U should be around 87-89 gram, which I think should be a better choice for ppl has relatively weak arm.