Has this ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by jas1121, Mar 9, 2008.

1. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    I train everyday, sometimes 2 sessions a day for a few years already. The training is kinda tough and strenuous. Every time when i suddenly stop to like go holidays or like stop for Chinese New Year, kinda like rest. When i stop, the first day is fine but as the days goes on, i feel sluggy, like no energy, and kinda like "uncomfortable" plus lost of appetite.

Anyone ever experience this for those players that play or train everyday, and then suddenly just stop.

2. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

It means you need rest, real rest.
    You are training everyday and your body barely has time to recover. Yet you can still manage because you pump adrenaline every days for all the physical demands, and you don't notice it.
    It is on your off days, when there isn't any demand for strenuous physical activity, that the body acts like a real normal day. This is why on your rest day you feel so tired, because of all the accumulated exertion and fatigue.

You need rest, and plenty of them. Not just one day. I'd say maybe 3 or 4 days of rest. You will come back very refreshed and performing like a star.
    And maybe you should cut down a little bit on the training. You are still very young, that's why you can train so hard. But as you grow older, your body will become less tolerant, and you will have to cut down on your training days....

Enough blabla, I'm back checking out the AE ^_^

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Chinese New Year is like 5 days of rest:)

Partly it's mental.

1st day you are mentally fresh.

Yet on subsequent days, you are not quite back into the routine of training from the mental aspect.

For any longer rest, you start to suffer a bit physically in terms of losing fitness. That takes some time to get back.

4. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    I don't think thats the case because even resting for 2 weeks as i went for holiday, i still feel the same. Maybe i just rest a little longer.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    You are replying to my post? I think it's still the mental aspect. Rest any longer and you lose physical fitness.

You might also be running low on glycogen stores which could be causing your sluggishness.

6. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    That might be it, sometimes i tend to take too much meat rather than Carbohydrate. thanks for the replies. I guess load up more on carbo and see what happens.