Swiss Open 2008: LCW lost to himself !

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by xymaerts, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Is now on Par means... the recent(07,08) head to head count..correct me if i was wrong, the head to head count is tie base on (07,08). This wining match is the tie breaker for LD

2. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Good point. But I would like the adminsitration to apply the same standard to ALL MEMBERS and all background across this forum. Where I often have to defend not my own, but players and coaches from BC'er who do it out of bias to spite to other nationalities.

3. SiuMcFung

SiuMcFung Regular Member

there u go..LD won the tie breaker..u answered it urself :p

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Remember this: LD is not going to have 2 CHN MS lined up for him in OG08, like here. Maybe not even 1 CHN MS. He's gonna be on his own.
    Of course LCW is on par with LD. LD has a lot of respect for LCW . Look how LD invites LCW to share the same champion podium with him.I don't think LD offers that to any other player.

5. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    When LCW under Misbun, he did improve his deception, Taufik kind of deception (delay shot) which Taufik use it to slow down LD attacks which was very effective. This work well to LD for a while but then LD has also learned to be more patient in his attack by do extra more drop shot if necessary. LCW has not improved to come up with new strategy while LD does.
    LCW sometime IMO overdoing the kind of deception delay shot which cause him unforced errors or become not deceptive anymore.
    One shot that he can learn from Taufik is returning LD smash to the middle of the net when you can. This work well to many left handed player.

6. SiuMcFung

SiuMcFung Regular Member

having respect n being on par are 2 different issues:rolleyes:

7. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Lcw n Ld is indeed being on the same par.
    like how u will compare gunners n red devils.
    Won more maybe.
    But the prestigue means more than just winning.

8. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I am sure Misbun and Lee Chong Wei know what was needed in order to challenge Lin Dan, the execution part was the one that did not come thru. Is easy for us to pretend we are the expert and make comment. Everyone seems like impose their will to one another and after a while the argument go to the red alert and the thread close ... sounds familiar? :D

9. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

U also got your answer too...They are on par..No such thing as LD is too good for LCW. Who handle the on court performance well.. He is the the winner..

10. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Each player have their own skill & characteristic.. But no way to deny that LCW level of play is on par with LD now... No such thing as LD is too strong/good for him..

11. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I take han's advice.
    ignore aje la.Bring us nowhere.

12. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

YES i agreed with u.. Even Misbun had said this before...

13. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    Guess, everyone must have their opinion. Pretend to be expert and make comment is important and make this forum interesting otherwise will have no forum or boring forum. One must not do is to degrade the discussion where fanaticism become irrational and go to the red alert. Every so often that discussion like this will have no end, that is fine. When it reaches dead end, thread will be stop.

14. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Yes and this is what quoted by Misbun in thestar.com.my

“Lin Dan broke Chong Wei's rhythm in the first game. He sent the shuttle above Chong Wei at the back. This made it difficult for Chong Wei to return with accurate shots,” said Misbun in a telephone interview from Base.
    “Chong Wei did well to come out of it in the second but he just did not have the finishing.
    “Overall, I think, Chong Wei did well. He did not lose out on skill but on not having the right strategy to get back at Lin Dan. I am sure that the next time they meet, Chong Wei would have learnt well on how to handle a similar situation.”

15. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't agree with Misbun about LCW did not lose out on skill. I afraid if only strategy that LCW going to impose it for next meeting, I like to know what strategy is he going to use differently. Is it enough ?

16. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Totally agree. I think people learn by "pretending to be expert and make comment", then thinking over others' replies. As the Chinese saying goes: "Throw a brick, and get a jade in return" (Please forgive my lousy English translation.)

17. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think we can only know after their next clash. Maybe LCW will do well, maybe it will turn out that Misbun is wrong.

18. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    Let's be a bit more specific and meaningful.
    If everyone of you is given opportunity to give advice to Misbun on how LCW can win next meeting, what would be your advice to him.

19. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Misbun, please hire back Li Mao. You're doing a lousy job stressing more on defense in light of the 21-pt system, and supressing Lee Chong Wei's natural game play.

-dave

20. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

NOT AGREE with Misbun comment?? hmn... Or why not u just share with us your though.. Don't give me a this kind of answer like LD is too good/strong for LCW..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.