New Racket?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by No0b102, Mar 20, 2008.

1. No0b102

No0b102 Regular Member

Hello I was wondering if i should get a Armortec because they're head heavy, would that mean my smashes would be stronger? Is Armortec any good? Any recommendations? Nothing over $110. Thanks

2. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    AT-500, provided you find a good price, usually At500 are around that price, its head heavy, good power, more user friendly then at700. maybe at-250, but im not sure its that head heavy. maybe research the middle end armortecs more and find a suitable one, also since your in toronto can't be hard to find a place to demo or ask someone to try the racket before you buy it.

3. aerotus70

aerotus70 Regular Member

AT700, AT900P, but over your budget

4. kelwin

kelwin Regular Member

Accountant
    Try Wilson K factor
    Power without control = Unforced Error
    You should look at the website on how they explain K factor.
    You can search on youtube too I think.

5. 2ol2play

2ol2play Regular Member

retired
    :)Head heavy only increases your smash if you are strong enough to generate the racket head speed...smashing is overrated...a weak smash to an area where it cant be reached is much better than a powerful smash that gets returned....make sure you try out the head heavy racket first...I have seen many players here in Asia that switched to head lite racket and generated more powerful smashes...Now that I am over 60 I have switched to Karakal M-Tec 80 strung at 28x30# and got back the smash I had 10 years ago....now I have a strong smash with more control...anyway try before you buy...

6. bry172

bry172 Regular Member

armortec is a great series its head heavy for 110 get the at500 if possible its a good all round racket and still packs a decent punch.