Website alleges Li Yong Bo - Gong Zhi Chao affair

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by wowhenryxl, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Cindyy

Cindyy Regular Member

This article was published in Chinese in tanya.com possibly last month, the author who was the reporter....

This is totally gossiple topic about Chinese badminton team, ....at the end, it was deleted...

Therefore, it's only gossiple, not the truth:)

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Thread Moved

We've read little so far that suggests anything 'professional' about the topic of this thread :rolleyes:

Moved from Professional Players to Chit-Chat :)

3. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

If it's true, it's scandalous. But what it has to do with BC? Your Health Minister and LYB are apple and orange :eek:

This kind thread should not be allowed to start in the first place. What LYB's personal life (if as reported) to do with baddy? Do we want to go around asking private questions and digging dirt on other coaches, players or even BCers?

If anyone is interested in this kind "report", it's better off to buy tabloid papers in the supermarket, at least more entertaining.

Unless BC is ready for Gossip sub-forum, I wouldn't give a dime on this kind garbage.

4. markham player

markham player Regular Member

medical
    Is it Li Mou's conspiracy to get back at LYB? Haha!

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Chit Chat? More like gossip, especially if there is some juicy angle to it.

6. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

this news has been spread around long time ago.....not last month...and it is not new anymore...lots ppl had related with china national team players knew about this..it is just not been public news

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The link is clear... well known public figure, LYB is definitely well known in China, provided the said affair is true. There's no examples from Msia coaches that's current, so I gave another one.

Connection to baddy :
    If the same news(with concrite proof) had come out about .. any of the married Msia coaches with female players, there would have been calls for the coach to resign as it would be seen as bad example to the "younger generation". The coach involved would have had to apologize publically to his wife & whole badminton fratenity, stop the affair with the player, maybe he himself put in cold freeze for a while.
    The female player would be dubbed as home wrecker, bad morals & quietly forced out of the squad. Or she could sue for sexual harassment.

It involves coach & player. It's a theoritical exple, but big hu-ha have been made out of lesser things bf.;)

8. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

LYB may be a public figure, but your Health Minister was a politician. Please make the distinction between the two.

The connection you quoted above would apply to coaches in any sports and public figures in general in your country or mine. So where is the specific connection to baddy? If baddy coach XYZ has just resigned, I'd like to hear the news too and the reason. But this is not a news report.

BC forum is neither in tabloid paper business nor in the business selling such paper. If we let this kind trash into the forum (no matter who the subject is), we will degenerate into a gossip place. Today, it's a "story" about LYB, the next time it could be LM...Rexy...Misbun... After that, LD, LCW...(not saying they had such "stories", but it will not deter someone or a "reporter" from digging dirt and smearing them).

So where this gossip will end? Where do we draw the line? It will become an open season on anyone related to baddy, including BCers. For an extreme example: because all of us play or observe baddy one way or the other, is it fair to ask BCers such question "How many...?" since it has a connection to baddy (my apology for even suggesting such a question, but only for demonstration purpose). This is totally ridiculous and absurd :mad:

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yes, yes, me gets what you mean - it's not proven to be true. If it's just gossip, bad.
    I'm saying connection as in : if it's true, its big news right up to the highest sporting authorities in my country -> as the baddy coach & baddy player involved may very well face the axe or music.
    Not 'boring' as in "it's his personal life-lah" (it's more liberal in certain countries, I understand that) as some has said.

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Moved from Professional Players to Chit-Chat

So... it wasn't a Professional affair as I thought it was when I read the thread's title, but it's only a Chit-Chat affair. :D:D:D

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    eaglehelang's Hawk-Eye system would not be welcomed by LYB or GZC

Our eaglehelang's Hawk-Eye system would not be welcomed by LYB or GZC. :):):)

12. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I understood your concern. Even if it's true, let them face the judgment in the court of law, not in the public opinion arena. BC discussions should not get into private lives of others, especially gossips, even if they are public figures.

13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    With great power comes great responsibility... juicy though...

14. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Affairs between coaches and players are not new and there will be happenings like this in the future. Coaches and players are human and they are no different from you and me. It is our own value system that judge them. To some the LYB/GZC affair, even if true, is very normal. To others it may be a sin. Now who is the guilty party, if there is even any one being guilty? The "actors" involved or so-called people who sit in judgement of others? Of course there are laws, rules, and even "expert" opinions or judgements that will pronounce the "actors" innocent or guilty or a little of both, and then either some action or no action will be taken.
    My personal opinion is that LYB/GZC affair, even if true, is very normal in which two very normal people were mutually attracted to each other. Beisdes, they are also made of sterner stuff knowing that others were watching them. These are qualities more of a leader than lemmings.

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

is this true ??that LYB had an affair?