who is the best/innovative style player in the world?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by riz125, Apr 10, 2008.

1. nmy3889

nmy3889 Regular Member

i would say that kkk/tbh are most innovative when they surprise us with unexpected losses....sometimes even making us fall off our seats...hehe...

but lin dan is the most innovative player to me...his shots are simply unpredictable.... ( and we can't tell when will he punch the next person...haha)

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Taufik learned many of his moves from his 1st top guru: Iie Sumirat, INA's #3 MS during the 1970s... Iie was one heck of a badminton artist! And such a great crowd pleaser! Taufik is a more athletic derivative of his guru... I would even argue that Iie was even more deceptive than Taufik. Iie is a charming guy and a pleasant guy to be with. He taught Taufik personally because he knew Taufik was a child prodigy...

Unfortunately, Taufik also learned Iie's idiosyncracies :eek: [no respect for structure and authority, up & down motivation and discipline, and a penchant for pretty women]. Iie himself got married 8 times :eek: [until today]... He must have learned this from Elizabeth Taylor... :D

Sigit was also inspired by Eddy Hartono, his older senior at Djarum Badminton Club. Eddy Hartono [a.k.a. Kempong] won the 1991 All England MD title and an older brother of Haryanto Arbi, the 1995 MS World Champ. Eddy also has a fascinating playing style. Just a bit overweight, ha ha.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Influences...

..skills and talent-wise, Taufik is indeed a prodigy...It's a combination Taufik's talents as well as Iie's teachings) as not all of Iie's past students can be as great as Taufik.
    ...i would say those are part of Iie's influence. Part of them could be from parental and/or social/friends upbringing/influences; or maybe Taufik himself. But let's hope the latter won't happen to Taufik (he sort of got into a bit of "hot water" early in his marriage):p

#23 ctjcad, Apr 11, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  4. PEGDA

PEGDA Regular Member

for me MS: Taufik, Chen Hong, Peter Gade
    MD: Tony, Sigit, Lee Yong Dae

5. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    I will go for Xia Xuanze, Chen Hong & peter gade:)

6. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    I will go for Xia Xuanze, Chen Hong, Lee Chong Wei & peter gade:)

7. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    if he dares marry more than 1 times (a poligami/ group marriage).. we know, where he will ends up :eek: :eek:

8. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

do you mean
    polygamy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Haha..taufik will dare not,since he knows very well who is his father in law..:D

10. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
  11. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    actually i think kenneth jonassen is the most innovative. because he one of the very few who plays defensive singles

12. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    ...taufik taufik taufik all the way... :D :D
    although sigit is also very innovative in his style of play...

13. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    GAO LING!! cuz win alot of OG medals.. haha n cuz she's cute.. :D

kk....

i think kkk has it.. trick shots.. but all rounder, TG.. :D

14. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

The thread is best innovative player, innovation means some new style or technique not seen before by players before.

Innovative players doesn't mean creative players that is playes who during their matches can play variety of shots.

In fact innovative players doesn't necessary mean they are the top players. Many innovative players' achievements can be quite mediocre.

For instance the Diving retrieval wasnt innovated by LD like someone claimed here, it was first seen in MS by FOO KOK KEONG of Malaysia who practised diving cross court every day and use it to defend his matches. He use to dived a few times in one rally to prevent the shuttle from touching the floor.

Most MS single from Malaysia uses it from Ong Ewe Hock. Yong Hock Kin and today LCW before it has become part of the repetoire of top MS today.

As for the innovation of the 21st century, Ha-Kim and Lee - Yu played differently from others in that they used a lot powerful flat jabs and cross court pushes in their game.

Sigit's game is creative but not innovative as most of his shots were combination of Rexy's smashing technique (which was innovative then) and Ricky's fast serves all developped from the late 80s training by Christian Hadinata.

Taufik's game is creative but all his technique were seen in different MS champions in the 80s and 90s so I cant say he was innovative in that he brought a technique not seen before.

LD's game in fact is the the standard flag bearer of the Chinese's technique that trace by to Thing Hien Hiow (aka Tang Xienhu) in the 60s and 70s (or should I say Indonesian innovation).

Zhao Jian Hua was innovative but rarely seen in China's MS these days but you can see it applied by PG, Taufik and LCW although not consistently.

I cant see anything innovative in today's players but most of whom are applying the innovations that were brought about by players in the 80s and 90s in the last century.

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Thanks for your sharing your knowledge and expertise, sonnymak.

16. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

well from that long post... i can safely say that Peter Gade has innovatively developed new deceptive shots for our great entertainment! And it's proven he's even won games with those shots. Agree?

17. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    Kendrick Lee and Marc Zwiebler are the MS future and shape the game pretty well with style..

18. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWBuNl85fes
    look at the rally i pick up from Marc Zwiebler

19. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    ya i have it favourited i think...but i definately saw it before...definately reasons why to pick him as someone that innovates this great game with his style, flow, and his speed :p;)

20. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Well a saw that clip of Mark Zwiebler, cant say I saw anything that was innovative, all the strokes and techniques of Mark was quite fundamental in today's MS. in fact it looks very much like Foo Kok Keong's style of rally rally rally and defend dive defend.