Any Diablo II fans here?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by LazyBuddy, Apr 25, 2008.

1. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    When Diablo II and it's expansion came out like 7 years ago, I used to played it day and night. Back then, ppl even willing to spend hundreds of $$$ in ebay to purchase the elite items, characters, etc. I remembered the crazy days that me and 2 buddies formed a gang, and helped each other training for all kinda characters. The record for me was to train a character from lvl 6 to 79 in a spn of 7 hrs (with help, of course). :p

Anyway, then I put it away for years. Recently, did a house cleaning, and found the CDs. Installed it, and tried to get a bit old memories back. Of course, all my super characters and loads of elite items are long gone, but do the things from very beginning gives me some other sort of fun.:p

Wondering any Diablo II (and expansion) fans here? :rolleyes:

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

used to play it a lot as well, but haven't touched it for years now.
    great game though, when it first came out.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Many ppl claimed that game was boring, as the story line basically repeating itself, with 3 different difficulty levels.

However, I think the main part of DII is the "collection" of items. Personally, I love the elite set items, lol... Maybe that's why the "Magic Find" was the most fun part for a lot of ppl. :p

4. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yup, the item gathering was indeed an addictive part of the game.
    i didn't like playing it alone though, for me, multiplayer over a network with some of my friends in uni was always the most fun.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree. The single player mode is purely for training. The fun is the network. However, the hackers and cheaters made the games less fun and dramatically lowered all the item sales value... :mad::cool:

6. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    could only finsihed Hell mode with the sorc

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Really...

With all the "immune" the bastards have, I found sorc is hard to survive in hell, if you play by yourself. Of course, if you have a very strong merc then, that's a different story. :p

Personally, I think the best one to "survive by yourself" in hell is the pally, which has decent physical and magical damage. :rolleyes:

8. evylgrynn

evylgrynn Regular Member

I used to play DII a LOT back in my college days....I would almost always be the Barb (I know, mindless character0 but I remember doing the Diablo runs and the Hill runs to level up fast.
    what a fun game, I remember having some of the items that were selling for hundreds of dollars on ebay and I didnt sell them! what was I thinking???

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Lol... Yeah, I remember those sleepless wkend nights of "Baal run", "Cow run" and "MF run". :D

Talking about selling on ebay, some of our items can be as high as $700 at the beginning (Windforce), but we kept for our own fun. At the end, when we all decide to quit, we sold them like $10-20 on ebay, but at least, everyone got pretty even with what the game cost... ($50 range?) :p

Btw, Barb is the best mules. Can carry tons of items and 2 weapons. ;)

10. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    anyone getting waaayyy to excited thinking about diablo3 ? which isnt even mentioned by blizzard and may or may not be in development. If it is , they're taking their time cause Wow is making so much money, theres no point in providing competition to it.

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I think the big issue to release the possible D3 is the story line, and what kinda game they want it look like. The "item gathering" is a great idea back then, and it simply moved the game into a generation. Same thing for WOW compare to the earlier Warcraft. They changed a legendary series from stategy game to more RPG.

I wish D3 can follow similar route, as they can form the entire Diablo world into a society rather than individuals. The current "communication" in between character, is simply trade, duels, and randomly paired up for quests. I wish D3 world can be more like a "society", which everyone can play some part. Simply think about if you dream item can be "ebay" in D3 stores? :rolleyes: Or, you can hire another real character as the merc, but not the expensive but dumb as hell ones? What about something like a "group duel" like some other new games, etc... Hey, maybe if you are rich and evil enough, you can hire Diablo & Baal to invade another small town... :D:D

12. Jules Winnfield

Jules Winnfield Regular Member

Leading
    I played the crap out of it(and the expansion) when it came out along with a few friends also:D. I too have recently dusted off my copy and have been playing again. They seem to have added even more crap to the game since I left it, which makes it a little more interesting to see some new stuff:D.

13. ae86trueno

ae86trueno Regular Member

yep, one of the best game :)
    i played the hardcore mode and finished the baal at hell. it was one of the most fun game.. especially when your character on the 90ish.. suddenly something hit you and your life almost gone.. the horror of character died just really kicking my adrenaline everytime :p:p
    managed to get all uniques, sets that exist in the game.. hmm i guess everything in the game except those ladder runewords (can make it.. but just don't want to use all the runes :p)

14. jump17

jump17 Regular Member

grr i hate how D2 took over my life lol. i forced myself to quit when my grades took a dramatic change =(. i play cabal and flyff now =D

15. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Like I said, the story is fine, but the key is the "collecting" part. ;)

16. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    I never played DII as I was so disappointed with the original game which was just endless hack and slash. I got addicted to Baldur's Gate instead.

17. ae86trueno

couldn't agree more with this :) yep that was my goal in hardcore more. to get everything. me and my friends manage to get all the items and defeat diablo clone. then all quit together and move on to next game :D

18. ae86trueno

well its different type of game.. 1 is more action (finger drilling clicking lol) but baldur is rpg type..
    btw i love baldur gate too :) but can't remember for some reason i didn't finish the game..

19. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    There is only one Diablo, and it is called the Lamborghini Diablo, a high-performance sports car. I wonder how it came to be used in gaming.

20. 2007fp

2007fp Regular Member

Student
    Diablo 2 is about setting a bot to get items and selling it on ebay. and when your character reach level 99 you sell the character on ebay as well.