Stupid Questions

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Howard, May 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    This forum has had a lot of dumb questions lately.....Whats a good racket...whats the best racket..should i buy this racket....hows this racket play?!?!?.....there is a REVIEW SECTION ON THIS SITE FOR EQUIPMENT PLL!!!!!!!! and jsut search around and do more then one search!!!! if your searching for somethign don't just type that something in type KEY WORDS ......READ THE NOTES THAT KWUN LEAVE BEFORE U POST......asking US what the best racket and is u should wait for an ARMOR tech is not something we can decide for you....and don't ask about a racket NO OWNZ yet becasue you get NO answer........IF i look back probably more than half the post from the last 6 months have to do with whats better and ETC....come on ppl the best way is find out whos using that racket u want info on a PM the person...This Forum has been so boring because we see such boring post so often no one comes back to the forum......

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Clapping :)

Yeah, new users really need to be aware of that, otherwise it just becomes like a waste of bandwidth and makes Kwun's life hard.

3. nSmash

nSmash Regular Member

Computer Engineer
    That's right people, the least we can do to show our appreciation to
    kwun is to simply help him keep the quality of this forum up. No more
    mindless questions, please!

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    tolerance

Sure it is frustrating but these are the questions that many less informed people have. Those unfamiliar with discussion forums sometimes don't realise when a question might have no relevance or might have been asked before.

BF is essentially a faceless forum. a poster might be only a 10 year old kid just picking up the game. He/she might get discouraged by aggresive answers. Just a pointer in the right direction will do. After all, we are here to learn;) and enjoy ourselves following our favourite sport.

Of course, there are some who do refuse to use the search function despite being asked to do so <no names mentioned>:eek: but only seem to comprise of a minority (still doesn't mean it is more acceptable;))

5. nSmash

nSmash Regular Member

Computer Engineer
    How about something like an automatically-sent welcome email to new
    members giving some basic guidelines like read the faq, do a search,
    etc? It should be very brief otherwise people might just skip over it.

6. Jay1234

Jay1234 Regular Member

BADMINTON PLAYER... no not pro =(
    Who are you to judge what is appropriate or not?
    and besides, they are not asking you to tell them which racquet to buy. They are asking for people who have used the rackets, opinion.

They are asking for an honest opinion...
    isnt that what a forum page is here for???? :rolleyes:

if u dont like those forums.... DONT READ THEM. Nobody is making you click them. If there are alot about new racquets etc, posted , OBVIOUSLY people are interested in it. And besides, you said to check the site for the product information.... well not everyone can read japanese or has the translator. Alot of the times people have already tried out the new racquets like the people in Japan. they are not asking those who are in the same situation as us. obviously they are asking peps who tried the racquet. and dont say the raquet isnt out yet. I've seen 1 or 2 people using the armrotec 700.

You say dont post boring and unimportant messages??? yours has nothing to do with badminton either!

#6 Jay1234, May 21, 2003
    Last edited: May 21, 2003
  7. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    seriously jay, u have not been here as long as some of us (not necessarily me).. but 5 different threads on one topic in one week is really annoying for some of us. maybe the forum is still kind of new to you, but some of us don't want to read the same questions over again.

maybe we can have a Newbie forum? or a popup message for all the new users?

and...

i saw a couple of 'new' (100posts or so) users flaming people about relevant questions. i think jay was the victim of one and that is why he is mad. i think his question was legit, but some of the newer people are taking this "don't post dumb stuff" regulation a little too far. i've seen teh same guy flaming a couple times. on top of that he always asks dumb questions. again, i'm not pointing fingers, just nodding in the general direction.

8. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    I must admit, i'm becoming bored of seeing the same old stuff time and time again. Constant reminders from Kwun just dont seem to sink in really. Think before you post, how are we meant to know what is right or wrong for you?

Matt

9. Jay1234

Jay1234 Regular Member

i was talking about forums in general. Just because i was new on this one doesnt mean that i havent been on others... forums in general are just peoples opinions.

and besides some of the "Dumb messages" were created by people with mroe then 100, and if not created, they replyed to them so obviously they are interested in the topic....

10. kameha2

kameha2 Regular Member

student
    Howard, no one will post to the forum if you dont like repeated questions. Anyway, there is a title, so you can decide whether you want to read them or leave them as it is. Have you been to other message board? basically they are the same, repeated questions, repeated debate.

11. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    whoa

Hey i'm not like giving the ppl crap...lol Just saying using the search and not posting something ither ppl have posted a dozen times....I've been chating on thei forum for couple of years now and just giving a peace of my mind.....I'm not saying if you post and stupid question i'm gonna come give u crap just saying that try finding answers before asking for something thats there already...yes i sound a little rude but don't mean to be a jerk......and as for you JAY don't be telling me what to do there Sir,
    FREEDOM OF SPEECH...a CANADIAN THING and since you live in Canada I would expect you to know that.and my post has to do wiht QUESTIONS about badminton so yes its STILL ABOUT BADMINTON!!!!!!!!!

12. Jay1234

Jay1234 Regular Member

Re: whoa

FREEDOM OF SPEECH????
    ur telling me? you're the one telling people not to post irrelevant questions telling me that my "opinion" is wrong. dont start that freedom of speech thing with me.

13. Jay1234

Jay1234 Regular Member

ok u know what???? sorry i guess im mistaken

i thought forums were for people to speak their minds but i guess not. i guess its for people with the EXACT SAME views and opinions.

i guess seeing how 5 or 6 people replyed to your thread that means EVERYONE on BF thinks that talking about rackets is "dumb" too. My bad

:rolleyes: ( incase you couldnt tell im being sarcastic....)

#13 Jay1234, May 21, 2003
    Last edited: May 21, 2003
  14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

OK you guys,

You had better stop it right there, and that means all of you.

I am quite sure that everybody can communicate in a nice, pleasant fashion...get my drift....?
    Let's keep it that way.

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

FYI

we've been through this topic before...

this link

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.