BG80 vs. BG85 durability

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by LazyBuddy, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Regular Member

Manager
    Cheers for that Taneepak, I was going to string a bit higher

2. peterford

peterford Regular Member

studnet
    Well i learnt the hard way that u ought to use bg 80@10 % lower than normal as my usal 25lbs does feel tighter with bg 80 than when i had bg65ti on it. hmm. not to bad, i have only managed to play twice so i guess it will drop a little anyway. Good control with it tho , just a little extra needed on the clears at the moment, next time i re string i will bear this in mind.

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Yes..i do believe that even though they only had 0.01mm difference,the BG80 is much more durable.Me with BG85,3-4 times of play would be enough to make the string shows its fray.But 80,been using it for a month or two,but still shows no wear.My suggestion,if one plays power,offensive play..go for 80.But if one plays control more,85 might be the best out of two.

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    The reason BG80 can last longer than BG85 despite a mere 0.01mm in thickness is that the multifilaments in the core of BG80 are being held together by a braided jacket instead of being held by multi-strands of overlapping filaments. But BG80 is poorer in vibration control than BG85 because any braided jacket becomes a bit stiffer.