Badminton in Atlanta

Discussion in 'USA East' started by 5string, Mar 1, 2004.

1. hkorubll

hkorubll New Member

I need to find a place to play badminton. Did you find a place yet?

2. steveman7

steveman7 New Member

Hi, I am a new to this website. I like to play badminton too. I have not played for more than 10 years and would like to join your club. Please let me know if you find a place to play.

3. hkorubll

hkorubll New Member

Hello Steve,

I played at the Memorial Presbyterian Church Gymnasium last sunday. They play from 11AM to 4:30PM. The address is 5140 Memorial Drive, Stone Mountain, GA 30083.

It was a good set of people and you can easily find somebody who would match your game.

4. nzelfman

nzelfman Regular Member

Badminton Clubs still accepting members?

Hi everyone,

I am living in the Emory area and will like to get some updated information about places to play that is still accepting members. Can anyone help?

Is the Memorial Presbyterian Church Gymnasium still accepting members? and how do I get in to play?

Thanks in advance

EC

5. starkiller

starkiller Regular Member

do you just show up, or how does it work?
    I know at least 4 people that would love to play.

6. starkiller

starkiller Regular Member

7. February

February Regular Member

Hi, I also need a place to play. Does this Brookwood Hills place have proper court? Does it accept guest players?

Are there any other places where I can play? I have friends who are willing to play so I don't need people, I just need a court especially!

Its so frustrating to look for a court on online forum like this when you can walk out of your house for 10 minutes and instantly find a basketball/tennis court.

8. Surge319

Surge319 New Member

anyone here from the athens area? i'm looking to start playing again. i've sent an email to the UGA club but haven't heard back yet, due to the holidays i'm sure.

9. February

February Regular Member

hey buddy, I am from Athens area because my school, UGA, is there and my undergraduate badminton club plays but they closed down till January 2nd. Its so frustrating that they closed Ramsey down right?!

10. Surge319

Surge319 New Member

it is frustrating. ramsey closed just as i am interested in playing again. i played often when i was in school there 11-12 years ago. now i am an employee and just joined back up at ramsey and want to join the club and start playing again.

11. February

February Regular Member

you must be one of the older people i see at the courts...i'm still an undergraduate student so i stick with people my age who are active on the courts...maybe you would recognize people like Ning or Shingo?

12. Surge319

Surge319 New Member

i don't know anyone yet. i went for the first time wednesday of last week and was told it would be easier to join the first day of the next semester. so i'll go back whenever ramsey is opened. i'm 33 by the way, and caucasian so i will probably be easy to recognize as most folks appeared to be of asian origins.

13. Donna

Donna New Member

retired
    Gwinnett County has 2 parks with badminton courts (each has 2 courts, painted on basketball gym floor): Bogan Park (north of Mall of Ga, in Buford) badminton Mondays & Wednesdays 10:00-noon, Chris 770-932-4423; and Lucky Shoals Park (off Jimmy Carter Blvd., near Tucker) 4651 Britt Rd., Norcross, Ga 30071, call Beth McWilliams 770-822-5149; DeKalb County: Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church, 5140 Memorial Dr., Stone Mountain 30083 (~2 miles outside the I-285 perimeter), 11:00 - 4:30 Sundays for $10., 404-292-8212.

#93 Donna, Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  14. newguy

newguy New Member

hello guys,

I have recently moved to Atlanta and living in mid-town. Are you aware of any place nearby where I can play badminton? Any lead would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Roy

15. racket4fun

racket4fun New Member

Teacher
    Hi everyone. Any places to play in Cobb county? I will be happy to start a club if we have enough people in cobb county. Please let me know.

16. Bobsk8

Bobsk8 New Member

Gwinnett County Recreation will be adding another County Park to play badminton, on Wednesday Nights starting in about two weeks. It is Best Friends Park, on Jimmy Carter Blvd, just west of I-85 , In Norcross. The exact time and evenings ( possibly 2) will be listed on a Yahoo newsgroup that was just formed. http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Atlantabadminton/

17. puppy

puppy New Member

I will go to Emory to be a postdoc in next month. Are there any badminton club in Emory? Anybody know it? I will be very appreciate if someone can let me know can I contact with the organizer, thanks a lot.:p
    my email: flagella@126.com

18. Captain Jack

Captain Jack Regular Member

I'll be visiting Atlanta over the next couple of weeks and wonder if there are any clubs in Marietta area that I can visit while I am there?

19. shellz178

shellz178 New Member

Student
    Me, too. I live in Cobb County and wondering if there are any open places. I have a few friends who'd be interested, too!

20. 5string

5string New Member

IT consultant
    Thanks for posting this. I'm looking to get back into badminton after a few years. Actually, I think I originally started this thread :D

Hope to make it to one of these soon!

By the way, about the Bogan Park sked, don't they have any non-office-hour court time available? I live about 5mins away, but I work in Tucker.