CCC Badminton: Friday Social 7:30pm-10:30pm

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by chris-ccc, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielPJ

DanielPJ Regular Member

monash sports n rec social badminton clayton

(Had to write it longer, the forums dont allow short posts)

2. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

doncaster badminton club DTBA is also doing this.

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Monash University Badminton Club for members only ???

Monash University Badminton Club must have implemented it not long ago. I was playing there when our Friday CCC@Waverley was last cancelled; when our CCC Gym was not available. Perhaps they allowed me entry because I was a member before. ;););)

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

When our attendances are more predictable, then we will have lesser problems

DTBA implemented it about 2 years ago. Actually, members@DTBA organised themselves pretty well... different members turning up at different sessions.

When attendances are more predictable, then we will have lesser problems.

:):):)

5. btchia

btchia Regular Member

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

It's great to have no gender discrimination !!!

Thank you btchia for the Badminton FM Results.

Congratulations to our CCC UNDER DOGS !!! :):):)

The 4-a-side FM seemed to be running better than the 6-a-side. So, we might organise more 4-a-side matches. :cool::cool::cool:

At suppertime after our Wednesday session, it was decided to make this 4-a-side FM open to both MEN and WOMEN. It's great to have no gender discrimination. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

7. hau123

hau123 Regular Member

Structural Engineer
    hi guys and girls,

if I may say something about the overcrowding problem, how about abandoning warm up hits and straight to game?

and also players should try to finish the game as fast as possible?

:)

8. ShyYen

ShyYen Regular Member

BadmintonHolic
    i think health and safety may not allow that =) plus with the rally system, game would be over pretty quick if nobody is warmed up and start wacking the shuttle all over the place. the key point isn't about the number of matches because general as we get a lot of games, but with games lasting shorter and wait time longer - frustration builds.

9. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

hau123:

following are opinions basing on our CCC principles (my understanding anyway).

a) basing on the fact that CCC should cater for badmitnon players all level, players who are fit might be able to arrive and start doing baselnie claer but beginner would need proper warm up.

b) also as we always say it's not about quality but quantity. if you were a half decent player, i don't think you would rather have a long game with bad players instead of short game with good players.

chris, i think we have had this conversation of "quality vs quantity" before.

10. onion123

onion123 Regular Member

Thanks Daniel gave me a lift. Every week we have a great supper to know each other better. Thanks everyone.

OniOn

11. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

supper time report 13/6

attendance: dinh, daniel+his friend, daniel p, siva, chris, hkhung, tim, onion, shy
    dishes: tom yoon noodle, singapore fried noodle (what's the name of the menu?), shu vegetable shreeded pork mun noodle, meat strips noodle (and 1 more?) and siva (duck rice?) +onion (special fried rice - i will never how hard that arrived after u ordered - ocean king record maybe?) has their own dishes.

tim, been a while since i recap all dishes, maybe you should be the dishes recap from now on.

this was an early one finished at 12:30 and here's a few things that i reckon were worth mentioning.

ClubX

when chris said something about other clubs have their own policy, he blurted out "club x". i am surprised people don't find it as funny as i did. Dinh, thank you for laughing with me. otherwise i look like a idiot.

COUNTING PEOPLE

chris was trying to make sure that hkhung does not miss anybody tonite but counting the people. and obviously i thought he's gonna do the report.

ONION LAST NITE

as we know onion is moving to glenferrie, so he won't be coming to waverley as often as now.

HAPPY PALACE

i obviously forgotten to mention the happy palace at supper time report

HADICAPPED GAMES

we are trying to get people to explain to other members for handicapped games, and there are some people who like stress and under pressure for playing, some don't. so we will all be trying to ask people to come on board for this and trial this for 1 nite maybe.

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Session Report: Friday 13-Jun-2008 CCC@Waverley

Thanking hkhung for our Supper Report.

Here is our Session Report for Friday 13-Jun-2008 CCC@Waverley

(1) Attendance: 24.

(2) Magnetic Board Queuing System: Not many players to choose from when our attendance is lower. :(:(:( However, the good thing is that our players are now getting to know the names of most others. :):):) Again, I thank Jenny-H for helping me to set it up and to close it down.

(3) Shuttlecocks usage: 3 different new brands of shuttlecocks were tested. Their results will be posted later. It was good to see that shuttlecocks were being placed in the middle of the courts for the next batch of players going in to play.

(4) CCC Membership: Our Autumn Season Membership has expired. Still, many players have forgotten to renew to their 2008 Winter Season Membership.
    Please note: Previous members do not need to fill in forms if details remain the same.
    For membership and payment enquiries, please refer to Llewellyn next Friday.

(5) Finishing time: Our session ended at 10:30pm. And our supper finished at 12:00 midnight.

(6) Suppertime: 10 attended. We welcomed May-L for attending her first supper with us.

Cheers... chris@ccc

#832 chris-ccc, Jun 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  13. dinhtran

dinhtran Regular Member

I think Next week is Onion last week?

we will miss a regular member to supper. Hope savun is able to come next week. i think this week supper time finish right on time maybe the food come out fast or maybe because everyone is hungry as we played more game this week due to lower attendance

Thank Khung for providing us with the supper report every week

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Onion will soon be moving to our Wednesday CCC@MSAC

dinhtran ... You are correct :):):) ... onion123 will play one more Friday at CCC@Waverley before moving to our Wednesday CCC@MSAC. So, for supper next Friday, I shall bring some Australian Red Wine for him. :D:D:D

Btw, for those who are interested to know what is happening at the Singapore Open 2008, you can get info as we speak from this link: click here .

15. btchia

btchia Regular Member

i stil c onion on wednesday session....12am is a good timing, 1am reach home.....food come out fast because i prepared to order the food when everyone stil parking their car...:D:D:D

thx again for hkhung supper report....

16. ShyYen

ShyYen Regular Member

BadmintonHolic
    thx ken for supper report, will be away for the next two friday as going overseas for a couple of weeks =) mite come back with a new raquet! woot

17. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

guys, when you thank me for supper time report, don't forget to thank Chris for his session report.

so here i am

"thank you for all the long session report and supper time report since the by gones days of 2002."

to get more thank you from people, maybe he should give an "ultimatum" like myself.

anyway, ES (enough said).

Thim:

by the way, i did miss Sean as i have no battery in the phone during the day.

18. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

i won't be coming in this friday thanks to invite for some serious partying at city.

so i need someone to do a "supper time report". dinh/thim, could you do this one?

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

hkhung for some serious partying at city

hkhung ... Thank you for informing us.

Luckily, you have not organised a Friendly Match for this Friday. Otherwise you would have to miss out on the serious partying at city. :D:D:D

Don't worry about the Suppertime Report, I am sure that someone would do it. As for you, perhaps you could do a Serious Partying Report. :D:D:D

20. hkhung

hkhung Regular Member

serious partying? just birthday drink (no dance floor and karaoke?!)

well, can't jump from venue to venue after 2am thanks to the lockdown imposed. so serious partying not gonna happen anytime soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.