China to lose its head

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by Woody, Aug 2, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

li yong bo oh li yong bo..:p:p

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Let's scrap the 3rd Singles at the next Thomas Cup match between CHN and MAS, and decide the tie with a sing-off instead: LYB v YKH :p:D

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It is more likely the target by China is 5 Golds but LYB has to deliver 3 to save his bacon.

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Wow...5 golds...its tough for LYB......

Will those lines men.....from china or......neutral...

Will the empire....from China or...neutral..... I think these are the criteria for LYB to grab all 5 golds..............hehehehe

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ok...from what i read in newspaper...lyb claim that anything less than 3 will mean failure...mean that he need 4 or 5...hmm...thats from nanyang xiang pau(nanyang press)...

oh...he will make sure he bring his guitar to beijing...^^...

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The articles that came out in the press had LYB said that must win 3 gold in badminton or it's a failure. Sthing like must not win less that last edition. It was in the press stime last week. Nothing abt must win all 5 gold.
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/badminton/news/newsid=161884.html#shuttlecocky+three+golds+failure+china

<JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) -- Ask Li Yongbo a question and China's badminton coach will give a very frank answer: Anything less than three of the five gold medals for the hosts will be considered a failure.
    "The goal is always to win gold, at Beijing or any other tournament,'' Li said in a recent interview.
    China won four out of five gold medals in badminton at the Sydney 2000 Olympics and took three of five in Athens in 2004. Li has said anything less than three in Beijing will be unacceptable>

I also read in The Star a couple of days ago that there one of China's coach for Gymnastics said he would jump off the tallest building if China could only win 1 gold in that sport this 2008 OG. My point is a lot of info & so called claims going round as the OG heats goes up, dunno real or not.
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2008/7/31/sports/21963550&sec=sports

#26 eaglehelang, Aug 3, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Yes, LYB will have to be a Master Schemer to deliver 5 golds (maybe with the help of the chief referee and some HK umpires?)
    But how would you know there is no one to replace him if no one had been given the opportunity before?
    The initial amazing success to all disciplines was masterminded by LYB because he saw the opportunity and that CHN had the numbers to execute his schemes.The CHN success started to break down with the new Super Series; the SS draw format minimises and messes up match fixing opportunities.
    So officials had to be used to help CHN win;line judges, umpires, service judges,the works.
    Problem is, after some extended conditioning, CHN players lack the confidence to win when those conditions cannot be arranged.
    In creating a seemingly Great Wall,it's clearly revealing that it's not made of bricks; rather, straws are showing.
    LD would have been a better player now (mentally esp.) if he had been allowed to naturally earn his No 1 ranking instead of been team supported to artificially create the image of invincibility. Because once a 2-year WR1 got beaten by at least 3 different opponents, every top 50 player(except WCH) plus rookies believe they have a chance against LD.
    In making things easy for LD, LYB has, in the long term,done LD damage.It 'll be good for LYB to lose his job so LD can develop and show his real worth.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    thanks for expressing your deep and sincere warm felt concern for the china badminton team:rolleyes:LOLOL

So, if LYB wasn't there and china team can't set up any schemes, LD would be better than #1 AND totally unbeatable? LOL
    Geez, LD lost a few match to lower ranked players and he's still #1 for 2 years, something out of whack with the ranking system. You must report this to the BWF ASAP, LOL.

You say LD could be beaten by some lower ranking players, you must be very good in math because not many people are smart as you to know that it is very very difficult for a No. 1 player to lose to a HIGHER ranking player. LOL

#28 cooler, Aug 3, 2008
  9. volcom

volcom Regular Member

LOL what a crackup :D:D:D:D!!

10. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Under OSS, A clean sweep is very possible, CHN almost make it a perfect in Sydney 2000

However, it is very unlikely for 5 Golds, even China as host for this Summer OG under NSS (Upsets chances are pretty high)

11. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    I don't think it has much to do with her superior math skill at all... it's the positive thinking that both you and I lack.

Cooler, I know there are some network marketing meetings being held in our city in the summer... just maybe we can go and learn some positive thinking together. You know, "If you think you can, you are right... If you think you can't, you are right, too.":p We need to learn some Boleh spirit before we can be a success in life, and not just sitting in front of the computer screen. LOL

#31 bananakid, Aug 3, 2008
  12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I would say they will get 2 Golds and 2 Silvers

13. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Where did you hear that ?

I seriously doubt LYB's position as the "dummer in dragon boat" will be in jeopardy if China failed to sweep all five golds. LYB has done enough damage to the image of BWF and if he is powerful as usual today, he will be even more powerful in the future because .....CHN will sweep all five goals !

14. BMcentral

BMcentral Regular Member

you know, sometimes age does that to people....like losing ability to think or something like that.
    or watching their own country crap out games also reinforce that kind of jealousness.
    Let's just start target other countries and start hating. I feel bad for PJ what ever her name is.

15. Woody

Woody Regular Member

As I said it would not be appropriate for source to be revealed.

Personally I have no axe to grind and I am not making mischief.

I have nothing against China or LYB. In fact I am very happy with him he gave me his baseball cap in a 'swap' at the Thomas/ Uber Cup finals in Jakarta recently.

16. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Hey you, don't reveal the true meaning of the boleh spirit out loud in the public. We don't want LYB to know ahead and then tackle the Malaysia secret winning tatic! And that would result another very valid excuse when they lose out. :(

17. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I have a feeling your sources reliability will be tested, as China will not win 5 Golds.

18. Woody

Woody Regular Member

Well a lot of peoples prediction about China not winning 5 golds has come true already.

Is that an omen?

19. morphy

morphy Regular Member

Maybe Phelps as a gesture of goodwill will donate one of his medals...all those gold will be too heavy for him to carry back anyway.:D

20. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    bye bye LYB?:D:confused: