SOTX - Jerry's Woven review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by jerby, Jul 27, 2006.

1. racket_ooi

racket_ooi Regular Member

According to the spec, 5700 is less flex than 5300. Based on this, I don't think it is the replacement for 5300. The handle of the 2007 model (5700, 6900, 7900) is very different to the 2006 model (6000, 5300).

2. Dunk1970

Dunk1970 Regular Member

I was just reading through this thread and was surprised at you being unable to find a 2006 racquet, so did a search for Gosen 5300 on Google (searching the whole web, not just the UK). About half way down the first page was the following link :-
    http://www.bbeshop.com/en/racket_gosen.htm

Looking at their orders section, they deliver abroad :-

http://www.bbeshop.com/en/order.htm

Just to say, I have no affiliation with this shop and don't know how good they are to work with. I just did a quick browse.

3. Dunk1970

Dunk1970 Regular Member

4. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    The inquirer ceased activity 10 days after the post date..

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    you can buy sotx rackets from ibuysports or puppysports.

6. eddychow

eddychow Regular Member

jerby, do you have information for the Sotx Beijing 2008 limited edition racquet?

It's a woven racquet as well. :)

7. jerby

jerby Regular Member

sorry man, but it's been released three days ago....

I don't have one, But I think SGBad will have a review up on his thread in a week or so.
    it' snot that heavy, and 670mm long... Looks like a heavier version of the D500 to me :eek: (But I haven't played with one)

8. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Hi jerby, did you try the woven 3? How does it feel compared to the w9? I currently using the w5a but want to have more power But because of my weak forearm, I would like a light racket. Maybe I can try the w8 but a little heavier.

9. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    hi not jerby but i have that racket and many of the other wovens the 3 is lighter than the 8 and 9 lots of power but it all has to be generated from the wrist with the 3 as there isnt any weight to get power from the swing really. The defence is amazing as its so headlight.

Noppy

bit late i know lol but you might still be interested

10. akatsuki2104

Thanks for your reply noppy. If the 3 is headlight so the 5a I have must be even more headlight? So I think I can consider the 3 as head heavy? :D
    Did you try the sotx e52 600? The specs is really similar to the woven 9 but half the price of the 9 ^^

11. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    Ive not tried the E52 600 or any of that range. But i can tell you why its half the price. I had the whole woven thing explained to me the other day. Basically as you go up the woven range each racket has progressively more woven. woven 2 very little woven 16 completely woven this is why the prices range from medium to insanely expensive. The woven carbon is expensive to purchase and only a limited amount of woven carbon can be manufactured each year.

So thats the reason and though the specs may be identical they will play completely differently.

Ive only had a knock with a woven 9 and it was factory strung so i cant really say anything about how it plays but i will restring it soon and let you know

12. akatsuki2104

And what does the woven's use? I mean what does it change between a racket with and without the woven carbon?

13. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    I know most marketing stuff is usually a load of rubbish but anyone thats played with a woven will tell you they play and feel completely different to other rackets.

one of the different things about woven carbon is its in a solid state when moulded to the racket shape compared to normal carbon .
    The new Diamond Max woven range have improved again by using electro something or other to add small amounts of metal i believe which increases stiffness and reduced torque in the shaft but who knows if you can get the rackets and have a try.

i have the DM006 and it certainly is stiffer

14. akatsuki2104

Thank you for your replies, it was very useful :) Now I have to find someone who use these rackets to try them :D

15. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

Somebody uses the new Sotx CPII 3010?

16. Guillaumeg

Guillaumeg Regular Member

Hi,

I just bought a Sotx Power boss woven 9 (F) racket.

Does anyone knows what the (f) stands for?

17. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

I have this also. Don't know for what it stands

18. logicalguy

logicalguy Regular Member

Today I dug out my sotx w7 after ages and played with it. Man I missed the racquet! I hadn't used it in about a year and a half. The ashaway zymax70 still holds its tension quite well. i had it strung at 25x27. I think over time I've gotten my technique sorted out a lot better and my arm's a bit stronger as well. So, I think my experience with it now is a lot sweeter than it was those years ago. I was really enjoying the "thwack" sounds and feel. Also picked up my mate's vt80 and played a few rallies with it. Man, that is one phenomenal racquet. So smooth and so easy to generate power. I was afraid I'd not like the w7 any more after that experience :p but when I went back to my w7 it still felt really good and solid. Somehow the vt80 feels like velvety butter but the w7 felt more solid and had the sense of raw power. With the vt80 you can relax and play for fun and the power is there, but with the w7 you have to be technically sound and concentrate on getting every shot right to get it to perform to its tremendous level. Think I still have a ways to go to get there :p