Chen Jin should payback Lin Dan

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by rhinovinda, Aug 14, 2008.

1. JBKokKeong

JBKokKeong Regular Member

Even if CJ were to go all out against LD, Lin Dan would need less than 50% effort...... They are just diff class diff field. I m quite amuse by all the talk of fixing blar blar blar.... Have you guys ever wonder do LD need CJ to lose on purpose? hahaha....lolz:D

2. halvepizza93

halvepizza93 Regular Member

begging
    I think that Chen jin would make a good decision(also for himself) to not go all out.
    reasons:
    1 - if he does, he'll be tired for whatever match comes next (even with going all out he'll have a tough job beating superdan), or
    1b - if he does, lin dan will notice and go all out too, which means chen jin will lose anyway and be tired and have a bigger chance of eventually not having any medal
    2 - if he doesn't, he'll have a kind of almost certain bronze medal as he isn't tired
    3 - the before mentioned reason that lin dan kind of let chen jin into the olympics

plus he's younger than lin dan: he'll have a better chance of winning gold in 2012

btw, i do not hope ld takes gold and i do not want cj to take bronze

for me:
    gold - lcw
    silver - lin
    bronze - hyun-il

oh yeah: and i do agree that it's wrong that in the olympics you play for your country and not for yourself

i mean the fuzzy pair is brilliant but because of country restrictions they couldn't participate
    such a shame

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

If everyone follow this kind of thought, no upset would ever occur. :cool:

CJ at least has better chance beating LD than PG.

4. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

That is the whole idea of competition, isn't it?
    Would he be able to beat LD if he go all out? Nobody knows unless he go all out and trying to beat LD in a fair competition.

5. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

And even if he wouldn't, at least he has a shot, at least he will know how close he can get to it, and maybe find a way to beat him in the future.

According to your logic, why should we invite all the African or South American players anyway? Go on and ask yourself back will they beat LD?

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    I agree with you:D

7. sysoh

sysoh Regular Member

Senior Software Engineer
    I agree with you too. He has nothing to lose. The possibility of upset is there since he has no pressure and he will be more relaxed. On the other hand, if they play real match, LD will have too much pressure on him for not to lose to CHN no 3. Of course, under normal circumstances, LD is the best. Somehow, match fixing is for sure since LD has higher chance to win over LCW.

8. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

CJ's last chance too

Don't forget that CJ, although officially young, plays with a highly demanding style, and already has severe waist injury. Therefore it is highly likely that he will not have much chance winning OG gold in 2012.

In fact, I would predict that LD (if he choose to not retire) will have better chance than CJ in 2012.

9. FuWang

FuWang Regular Member

LD and CJ still young.... I hope that They won't retire too fast...... China top players still young and They all have chance to the next Olym......

I'm sure that LD will be win over CJ even CJ play all out...... I think LD is better than CJ....... Really want to see the games of this bestfriend pair...... ^_*

I hope LD will get gold, LCW get silver, and CJ get bronze..... ^_*

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I'm waiting for more drama in the Chinese Camp. Something is going to happen after this.

11. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    If let say CJ will give the match to LD according to team order, then if LD is to win the gold medal, I am sure CJ will be well compensated, too.

CJ has only "the title" to lose, but "the benefits" to win.:p

12. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    you mean like ZM, a priviledge to move out to another country? then I am going to make sure CJ comes to USA..I will call Bill gates for funding....:D

13. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    LOL... That's a privilege when you consider all the pollution factors and etc. Moving out of China isn't exactly bad, if one has a decent education background or a very specific skill(in demand, I may add).

Ever since I have played with the kids who have gone through Kim Dong Moon's training in Calgary, and noticed the improvement ever since... I wouldn't mind hiring Chen Jin as my private badminton coach.

Would be better if I can hire Bao ChunLai, as he attracts more girls... which is even better... killing 2 birds with 1 stone.:p

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    what do you mean?

Something like boxing match or CJ give LD free ride but LD gives CJ half of all the prizes?

15. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    so, all the MAS fans want CJ to win, im sure if it was WCH vs LCW in Semis, MAS would do the same thing, let the better player through with little/ no resistance.

16. DoublesPlayer

DoublesPlayer Regular Member

Engineer
    if i were LYB, i would tell them whoever loses the first set should give up the game, so let them fight for one set at least.

17. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

CJ can't beat LD on normal days anyways, but we can expect a lot of noise here, especially if LD beat LCW in the final. :rolleyes:

18. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

CJ's province, maybe. For example, YZY earned ZheJiang a Quan2Yun4 gold by giving the match to GZC. But on the personal level, how can you compensate? Are YZY and ZM treated as OG champion? No.

In particular, the reality is that LD's chance of beating CJ is so high (big difference from the YZY vs GZC and ZM vs ZN cases) that I doubt CJ will get any acknowledgment even if he plays half-heartedly.

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    who kidding who?
    bcl, cj, chen yu and lin dan ALL know each other capability with all the inhouse training together. They dont need an public competition to separating out the pecking order:rolleyes:

20. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    Wait a minute, this is an Olympic Semi-Final. Who is going to give up the chance of an Olympic gold so easily? :confused: