Where to buy equipment in INDONESIA

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by DutchRion, Aug 9, 2008.

1. DutchRion

DutchRion Regular Member

Student
    hello everyone,

In a few weeks ill be in Indonesia for 5 months due to a internship i have in Sorong (papua). I am a badmintonplayer from Holland (not pro or anything ;)).

On the way back i have a few weeks off and have plenty of time to enjoy myself. i would love to buy some badmintonequipment in indonesia as it tends to be much cheaper than in Holland.

please note ill be in Sorong, Jakarta and Ambon for sure (so if you know shops etc in that places, let me know!)

so my question to you people:

Where can i find a store where they sell badmintonshirts?
    i would really love to have a indonesian national team shirt (names on back would be nice, especially taufik hidayat shirt!).
    What would be the price?

Where can i find things as really nice strings (i heard someone talking about indian oil-snares?) again, what would that cost?

and i would love to buy an arcsaber which is genuine (optional, not sure im buying this one yet) and what is the price on these in Indonesia?

and last, this is an extreme longshot but: does anyone know where to play badminton in Sorong?

Greetings & thanks in advance!

Stefan, DutchRion

2. a.kurniawan

a.kurniawan Regular Member

student
    if you have a chance to visit jakarta, you might want to go to samudra sport. it is located around pasar pagi, central jakarta (some other members from jakarta might be able to help you with the exact location, cos i know how to get there, but can't really describe it, and i've been away from jakarta for around a year).
    i get all my rackets there, and i believe they are selling genuine yonex stuff. btw i got my arc10 from there last year, roughly around usd 160.

about the shirt with the name printed, i believe it's almost impossible to find it in stores. the possible way i can think of is by buying the shirt and have the name printed, OR get the shirt straight from the players, although there is a small chance that someone has it and wants to sell it.

hope this post can help u Stefan. happy hunting then..

andre

3. DutchRion

DutchRion Regular Member

Student
    hi,

Thank you very much for the reply, ill look into the store when im in jakarta :cool:. thanks in advance!

anyone else?

Greetings,

Stefan

4. DutchRion

DutchRion Regular Member

Student
    isnt there a way to check your arcsaber10 for genuinity? like code?

is there a way for me to know its genuine when im in the store?

Greetings,

stefan

5. a.kurniawan

student
    well, u cant really read the cone code, because its covered with the sunrise sticker.

but from my experience and also some recommendation from the people on the group where i used to play, they always get the racket from that store.

me myself, i've bought old at700, ns9000x, at900t, mp22, n arc10 from there for me n my dad, and it's been great, and i've never found any evidence of any of the racket being fake. my friend also bought his at900p and arc10 from there and all the people believe that they are the real deal.

perhaps u can try searching threads about how to identify fake rackets (apart from reading the code) from the equipment forum.

6. a.kurniawan

student
    and 1 more thing that might help.

since i believe that most of the badminton stuff in holland is genuine, just go to a store in holland, and try to have a swing on the racket. and when u get to the store in jakarta, try to have a swing of the same racket as well. the feeling should be pretty much the same.

7. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

Welcome to Indonesia ......

I have no idea where you can play in Sorong (Papua), but if your company has the badminton court then it will be OK. Simply because Badminton is not popular sport at Papua area.

You may buy everything in Jakarta or Surabaya before heading to Sorong (another 4 or 5 hours by aeroplane).

Price for Yonex (ORIGINAL) racquet is almost the same either in Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia and seems to be similar with online shop as well.
    So, no point to buy in Indonesia, except you wanna buy the FAKE one which is less than US$ 30 per piece.

There is also good Indonesian brand for Badminton racquet, ASTEC .... e.g. ASTEC Pro 850 has a good review here in Badminton Central and it less than US$60 only.