Victor Pro

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by dropshot51, Aug 4, 2003.

1. dropshot51

dropshot51 Regular Member

Contractor
    Has anyone had problems with their Victor Pro breaking at the shaft. I've had 2 of them do this. Victor Rep said it was just from using it alot. I don't believe it.

2. sayakeren

sayakeren Regular Member

Public Relations
    I'm using Victor Prodigy 5.0, been used for many years and never had any problem. I don't believe that it's because of excessive usage as well. How did they break? When u played or when they were kept inside the bag?

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Which spot(s) did they break?

Near the cone? Near the T-joint? Or somewhere near the middle of the shaft?

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Are you talking about the Victor Discovery Pro Titanium? A friend of mine bought one and used it regularly for about 3 months. It was broken near the T-joint. I think it's probably just an individual case and not a manufacturing defect, because I had the same racquet for a quite awhile and experienced many clashes before switching to a light and stiff Victor Satellite 2. Still have it as backup.

5. dropshot51

dropshot51 Regular Member

Contractor
    Thanks for your replies. The shaft developed a crack about 2 inches down from the T. I would have thought maybe it was an isolated occurance, but another player at our club had the same problem. I also met a player at a tournament in Nelson who told me he had broken one in the same location. I've used Victor raquets for the last 5 years, maybe time to change to another brand! Thanks,

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Seems the 1-2 inches down from the T-joint is the weak spot for particular models (not necessary Victor).

My friend used to own a ProKennex 787, and once he clashed his racket on my hand during a double match, and he got a crack about 1 inch down the T area. The clash was not very serious, as u can see I still being able to play. ;)

Not sure about why. Maybe that spot is the actual intersection of head frame and shaft???