All over now..

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by halvepizza93, Aug 17, 2008.

1. halvepizza93

halvepizza93 Regular Member

begging
    and it was fun, though my favourite players didn't go all te way (jjs/lyd, lcw)

i've seen real fights (the most beautiful thing to me), specially in the doubles, but also in the singles: hsieh, zhang ning and lcw vs. lhi- and a beautiful celebration of lin dan that made my cry, despite he beat my favourite singles player

but anyway i have a little bit of an empty feeling now, as the olympics were on my schedule for the last days and now it's over:eek:well i'll watch the 200 meter sprint and the 4x100 but that whould be it.

just wondering: anyone has this this feeling like ''well, we waited for 4 years and so suddenly it's over?''

2. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    I wished Lee Chong Wei didn't lost by that much. That racket and shoes that Lin Dan threw is going to be worth a lot! It won the Beijing Olympics 2008 for crying out loud!

I think Lee Chong Wei was intimidated by the fierce game of Lin Dan in Lin Dan's own court.

#2 KazeCloud, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  3. wongpro

wongpro Regular Member

So do I!
    Great fun.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i do. not only am i suffering from OISD (Olympics Induced Sleep Deprivation), i am also suffering from OID (Olympics Induced Depression).

4 yrs is a very long time, that really explains some of the sad faces in the silver/bronze steps of the podium.

5. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    I'm feeling the emptiness, so I've been logging on to NBC and watching the matches over and over again. It'll have to do until the next big tournament.

6. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I expected a thread like this to come sooner and I feel exactly like you. Not to mention many of my favorite players will retire after the OG that makes me wanna cry. :crying:

I enjoyed all the competition that is featuring in this OG and deeply feel for each of the player, especially their winning and losing moment (imagine all the hardship they have gone through). But I think it is the 4 years of wait time what makes the OG so precious and with so much excitement.

7. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    It is kind of sad now it is all over.

I have to give credit to China for successfully hosting the event. Also the opening ceremony is the best one i have ever seen.

8. markham player

markham player Regular Member

medical
    I feel sorry for BCL, he is a nice guy & hope he can handle it.

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Glad it is over....otherwise it wont be good for my heart........so many tight matches.....

10. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    Time for me to say GOOD BYE to Beijing as I am leaving tonight.
    THANK YOU BEIJING, done a very good job.

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Beijing OG is almost over, likely China may reach double success this time, as the host and become top-rank of medal table. And we must wait 4 years later for London Games, it's tooooo long....

12. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

Something to look forward to

I believe the 2010 All England is the 100th Championship (they might have skipped a few years during WWI and WWII). That is less then 2 years away. I hope they will make it special and all the great players will continue to play until then. That would something to look forward to. :)

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I went out with the girlfriend last Saturday and realised that my girlfriend is pretty hot looking. I mean she was looking real sexy in her tight mini and all.

I am looking forward to spend more time with her. Am planning to go to Redang with her in October.

Life is short, enjoy it. :p

14. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Best philosophy:).

Pemuda you will be missed, thanks for all the wisdom and common sense you brought to BC. It will be very hard to fill the massive void left by your presence.

15. Heong

Heong Regular Member

OG2008 has revealed the true skills of Lin Dan.
    He was hiding it all the time..
    Now lcw & others can prepare & win him back.

After experiencing the OG2008, we now know what Lin Dan is clearly unstoppable.

I really wanted lcw to win, but nothing ever goes my way.. ;(

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

ok now, we will have to wait for another 4 years..
    it will be another looonng wait..

17. halvepizza93

halvepizza93 Regular Member

begging
    good thought

but (and i'm taking a risky shot here on a forum that's mostly malaysian), i think that over the years lin dan has played better than lee chong wei , so i guess it's ''right'' that lin dan gets gold and lcw silver (don't get me wrong, i hoped lcw would win)

also lcw's loss made him even more of a hero for me, i don't know
    and i also have much more sympathy for lin dan, who's clearly worked very hard and had a real celebration, smiling all the time

but about the bronze medal i would have to say that lhi played like a baby and he can play way better, he took no risks at all and that's very sad; i mean not even risks but he smashed like, what, 3 times in the whole match? thats ridiculous

i'd have to say he deserved the bronze for the player he has been but not at all for the way he's played that bronze medal match

i do hope that jjs doesn't get too slow and weak with his age, because i want him ang yong-dae to win gold in london
    and maybe kkk/tbh will finally learn something mentally, because i think they have an enormous talent and they surely won't be too old

one last thing: who do you think that of the players that are good now will still be able to perform really good in 2012? i'd say maybe psh and sdk, more surely chen jin, and for the doubles i kind of already said it; i think women's singles will only maybe have zhu lin

18. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

With possibly many retirements, many changes are possible. I think Chen Jin definitely would be the favor on the men side. On the women side, Lu Lan, Saina Nehwal, Maria Yulianti.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I'm definitely looking fw to the next Olympics in 2012..

..it's a bit sad that this yr's Olympics (esp. badminton event) is over or will be over. It really hit home the day after the badminton event had finished. Esp. with hanging out with the other BCers.:(
    But now, a few days later, i am really looking fw to the next Olympics, in 4 yrs. What with another chance of a BC get-together with all the UK/European BCers. That time, hopefully we'll be looking and watching a whole new batch of badminton players and perhaps new badminton Olympics champions. So excited already!:cool:. Also, feels like i have a bit of "unfinished" business to do in the next Olympics...:p

So, kwun, hope you'll plan ahead for 2012. Brandon will be around 7 yrs old and Justin will be around 5 yrs. Old enough to help carry your camera equips. around...:);)

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    old enough to require a ticket also... :crying: :crying:

but yes. i somewhat regret not going to Beijing this time. i will definitely keep London in mind.