Chong Wei doesn't deserve the silver medal

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by Gade supporter, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Yes...there are plenty of videos documenting LCW's loss.

Most probably All England 2008 semifinals, Chen Jin defeated Lee in straight sets by just playing sideline/body smashes and hunting for netkills.....Li Yong Bo got his strategy correct.

2. Heong

Heong Regular Member

You cannot say that someone else deserves the medal just because he wins more points than the gold medalist. That's just not right.
    Lin Dan can play bad at one match & can play heaps good in another. It is all mentality work here. Lin Dan was just too good for LCW mentally. Lin Dan definately deserves gold.
    but Silver is given for someone who has worked hard to get to the finals. LCW definately deserves it despite of a disappointing match yesterday and he gave it his all but definately desverves something for that.

What is this thread made for anyway? very pointless IMHO.

3. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

And I think Singapore's Ronald Susilo deserves the Olympic Gold. Afterall, he beat LD in 2004.

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

LOL, good one.:D

5. Heong

Heong Regular Member

You're not serious right? He did'nt even get past the first round this year..:eek:
    If he & Lin Dan played today, the outcome would not be the same anyway..
    LD has improved significantly.

6. Shayde

Shayde Regular Member

Secondary School Student
    Lmao yes, Ronald.. heh, anyway, i think Bao should have done better, even though Lee Hyunil is very good. LCW does deserve the silver for his hardwork, even though he broke down against LD in the finals.

7. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This thread is pretty pointless. To win gold or a medal in the Olympics is not just your performance in the Olympics alone. You have to go through a whole year of qualification. If you cannot rank high enough to avoid Lin Dan in the draw, then whose fault is it?

Secondly, it is pretty obvious that LD played better than usual, LCW played worse than usual or both. It is pointless to say that the player who gave the eventual winner the most trouble deserves the silver medal. What if LCW had an injury and had to retire? If the rules were changed as such, then LD would beat CJ by 30-29, 0-21, 30-29 in the semis.

8. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

thinking of Ronald's achievement, he is the only person who has beaten LD in 2 olympics. :p

Relax brother, obviously I'm kidding but seriously anyone who thinks Gade deserves the silver more than LCW need to consider that.

9. masmot

masmot Regular Member

self employed
    i just think LCW didnt play as usual. we can actually see that from her frustrated face, looking at his coach whenever he did mistake or unable to give good return.

both players deserve what medal they've got. but i just hope that the final match will be more competitive.

10. gillybean18

gillybean18 Regular Member

It would be 30-29, 29-30, 30-29!

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    gadesupporter, i feel your sadness. Peter had a long career and should had earned a medal by now, even Camilla M. got one. Previous dane #1 Erik P. Larsen got a medal too. However, PG has bad luck, in 2004 he lost to a gold medalist, in 2008 he also lost to a gold medalist. Bad luck in the draw i guess. His best chance was in 2004, not 2008.
    In 2004, shon made it to the final, i'm sure PG was better than shon. However, in 2008 the gold, silver and bronze and 4th place players were LD, LCW, CJ and LHI. It is my belief that PG can not beat any of these 4 players this week, therefore, no chance of medal in 2008. You should just let go of this 'what if' scenario in your head.

#51 cooler, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  12. Neji48972

Neji48972 New Member

xzc
    Yes, but LD isn't the 2004 champ now is he? :rolleyes:

13. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    No, 30-29, 0-21, 30-29 is a better scoreline for CJ. He would actually get much more points than LD but still lost. Not only would he deserve the silver but maybe deserve the gold as well.

14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    NSS defintely wont suits PG, as he wont nothing BIG . IE : AE, except in Euro Champs since the NSS being enforce. Please correct me if i am wrong

#54 samuel882, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

whatever it is, lee chong wei had took the silver medal..
    end of story.

16. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

as far as i am concerned, Chong Wei tries but Lin Dan is in a very good form. I feel that Chong Wei have given all he can but LIN Dan was too good. Chong Wei deserve the silver medal and he is still one of the best player in the world at this moment. Pls give him credit.

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    He had a knee injury that forced him to change his game style. NSS didn;t help either. After his knee injury, he just wasn't the same.

Peter Gade can probably be called the best player not to have won the WC nor an Olympic medal. Sport can be very cruel.

18. jump17

jump17 Regular Member

It doesn't matter who gave who a hard time. What matters is how far you go in the bracket. If you don't get past the SF and reach the finals, you do not deserve anything. They only give 3 medals and each of them are earned. Lee Chong Wei got to the finals and Peter Gade didn't. It doesn't matter how well he performed in the Final, as long as he got there in the first place, LCW deserves the medal.

19. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I dont think its fair to say that LCW doesnt deserve the Silver. He played is best and he has been trashed by Lindan. Everyone who participated in Olympics deserve a medal or something.. but that is just the way it is in Games like this. Everyone deserve the medal. Lindan deserve his Gold medal as well.

20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

well, i'm not. it's sad to see one of the best carry on beyond the best sell by date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.