British Weather....

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Matt Ross, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Hi all,

What is going on? It is 12.12am here, and i have an icepack on my back keeping me cool!! It's around 26 degrees here, at this time of night!! Today reached temperatures of 35/36 degrees C. Anyone else from England suffereing with this weather, aparently there is no let up either over the next coming weeks. We are reknown for our rubbish weather, but this is insane!!

Matt

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yes, i heard london hit a new temp. record, 35.9 C
    where i live 30 C+ is very nice because it is very dry here (well to me anyway)
    30+ in a humid place is another thing.

3. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

anything above 25 degrees is too hot for me, haha..i'm a guy that finds 15 degrees with a light breeze perfect:D

4. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    I heard that it rains everyday over there in Britain, no?

From geography classes, I learnt that it rain in WINTER there, is it? It's already cold and it's raining some more??

5. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    It doesnt rain everyday, but we like to complain when it does,complain when its cold and complain when its hot! personally I like 18 degrees centigrade, 10 mile an hour wind.perfect for playing badminton for me. Anyone know a place crazy for badminton with weather consistently like that? I dont know how you malaysians play badminton isnt it 32 everyday there? in beijing it get to 40 around now, dont know how the olympics will cope being there.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    35'C is about 95'F. Well, this kinda temp is very normal for New York, US. To make things even worse, humidity level is high, too. It's very possible we get a day like 90'F, and 90% hum.

Imagine we have to play in our gym with doors and windows closed, and NO A/C! Well, can't complain too much. Already hard to find a gym to play, can't think too much about the "comfort lvl".

7. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    The tropical weather here is a constant 25 - 36ºC all year round, hot and humid with enough rain to cool things down. It can be pretty hot in mid-day and afternoon but pretty bearable, in fact just nice for outdoor games and sports.

Of course, the weather could be as unpredictable in Britain in which there could be a week long downpour followed by five weeks of scorching heat and drought before it rains again.

Our badminton halls stay cool all day long, perhaps due to good ventilation or material, it doesn't become hot even in the afternoon. The only time it becomes hot is when people begin to play - evaporating sweat, body heat etc. Most good courts here are air-conditioned to a nice 20 - 25ºC, which is the average (when you add the body heat factor in... yeuch!) temperature which feels the best... to me at least. Any cooler and players may find it hard to get active... ;)

A little geography lesson there. Thanks for yours, jamesd20. :)

8. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    It doesn't rain every day in UK, but generally the weather is very glum with little sunshine and blue sky.

During these last 10 years or so, the British climate has changed a lot. It is now generally warmer every year (especially noticeable in Winter), maybe the Earth is going through a cycle, or maybe it's global warming. It sure doesn't snow as hard as it used to...one thing is for sure...when the weather gets this hot, we are bound to get some thunderstorms later.

I agree 18-20 degrees celsius with a slight breeze is near perfect.

9. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

Nanjing was 40+ 'C at night a few days ago... we had the air conditioner on max and that was only able to achieve 25ish degrees. Feel glad you are in brtain, where it's nice and cool!

10. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    London has hit 36degrees C and you call that cool? I felt physically sick, as it was so hot and humid. I am still up at 6am, can't sleep and still sweating. Thank God it's a weekend!

It's burning outside with no wind. Inside, it's burning hot with no air conditioning. The Seaside (beaches) are packed, and the roads jammed full of tourists. I can only think of hiding in a supermarket chilled freeezer department today. I'll be between the chicken kievs and the chicken nuggets!

11. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    it is VERY hot today!

12. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    Hottest day in Britain...38`Deg C. That 100` F....

13. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    BRL you are in Nanjing?
    Nanjing and Beijing are 2 of the 3 Furnances of China man.. soo freaking hot in those places.

TO is kinda hot too.. we got no ozone layer so the sun just kills us. 26'C or so these days. i heard there's a heatwave in Europe..

oh, by the by, how will Beckham cope with Madrid weather when he's used to the cool Manchester area? will it affect his ability to curl the ball since there is no sea breeze? :D
    btw i am not a Manchester United fan

14. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Well I learnt in my Geography book it's usually from 28 - 32 degrees C a year. Come to think of it... have you EVER experienced Malaysia to br 36 degrees C? I doubt it. ;)

I can't imagine how you people in England are surviving... do you have air-conditioners? Doesn't sound like you do... go and install one now! :D

15. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    I was playing badminton today..and it was so hot...I drank nearly 4 litres of water. Every time, someone hit the shuttle, it was so fast that it flew miles away and nobody wanted to go and fetch it.

Air conditioning is not very popular...as we seldom need it. Only expensive cars and posh restaurants really use them.

Mind you, I saw an African guy wearing a black leather coat and trousers and he looked so comfortable whilst I was drowning in my own sweat wearing only a pair of shorts

16. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
  17. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    Haha...a Fatter shorter version with a goatee beard.

"This..........heat.... around you..... is not real...free your mind!"

:cool:

18. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    MORE HOT WEATHER FOR US BRITS!!

As of this saturday, high pressure is coming back over us meaning another heatwave! It could even pressure the 38.1 degrees record. For more info, take a look at www.metcheck.com...dont put those paddling pools away just yet, coz theres more to come!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D