Olympics 2008 : Who's going ?

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by Syaoran_Style, Nov 18, 2007.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..actually in a few of the pics, we were trying our best to smile, despite us feeling tired & exhausted..:p
    ..2010 Thomas & Uber Cups will be held in Kuala Lumpur, M'sia. You haven't been there, right?? If not, you should plan ahead. I'm sure you won't want to miss meeting the many well-know M'sian BCers, right??..;)
    ..4 more yrs, James! 4 more yrs..;)..
    Btw, just curious, are there any interesting tourist places, in London, that'll require us to climb up several steps??..:confused:

Feng, as for your pics, so sorry you won't be able to get a few of your pics which were taken w/my camera. I know you want to show & tell jerby about your encounter w/Rexy, but have no proof.:crying::(
    jerby, trust us, i mean trust me. Feng met, shook hands, chatted briefly and took a pic with Rexy.;)

Anyway, Feng, i think i'll just download the files from the mediafire site. Thanks, again, for doing all the work!:):cool:

#361 ctjcad, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  2. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

Ah, I did guess it was Malaysia, but I wasn't sure :p Thanks for confirming Chris. I'll definitely be planning that trip soonly, but not this year. Maybe next summer is a more suitable time to make schedules and plans.

After 4 years, it'll be the 2012 Olympics... I'll try to be there, and maybe Jerby shall look into that idea aswell. ;) He hinted he might.

No problem Chris. It was a sad accident, losing the camera. I feel sad for it, as I was the last one getting out of the taxi... definitely not your fault. And Jerby believes I met Rexy. But thanks for making it definite on BC :)

It was no problem, making the ZIP files and uploading them to MediaFire. Only took me a few hours, but I had to go to work at the same time, so it didn't bother me. Enjoy the pics, and if you've got a few of me on your laptop (which you back-upped before), please send me a PM about them. We'll find a way of sending them to me.

Off to training, byebye!

3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Are you crazy? such a badminton fan and yet live in Birmingham and never been to AE?

When did you live in bham? student?

No problem meet up at next AE.

4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    4 years is too long!

:confused::confused:steps? what is the problem with steps - did I miss something?

I can't think of many steps though, apart from the odd bridge. it is mostly flat around central london and the main central attractions.

Don't forget the WC is also in London in 2011

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Maybe Chris should try Scotland and Wales before going to London. That would set the mood for his urge to climb.:D

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, already thinking ahead now..

..yeah, sure, it'll be the 2012 OG. Let me know if you need any help in coaxing jerby to come to the OG in London.;):p..I'll be disappointed if i go there and won't be able to meet up with you and the rest of the other European BCers..;)..
    ..4 yrs is perfect brewing time to get ready for another Olympics. If i do go, again, i want it to be a surprise.....going there prior, will make it, sort of "less exciting"..:p

..as for many steps in London's attraction places, pheeeeww, thank goodness there won't be as much. I guess the only steps i'll take will be on those red double-decker buses, eh??....oh wait, they're no longer in service...:p

Yes, noticed the 2011 WC will be in London. So will the 2010 WC which will be in Paris, France...;):cool:.................but i think i'll just save my European trip for 2012; might as well hit it off with possibly watching Le Tour de France (if it'll be held somewhat close to the OG)...;):);)

oh, the reason why i asked about "if there are many attractions with many steps in London", Loh sort of answered it below..
    ..James, it goes back to my trip last yr, to KL, at one of its tourist attraction places. It definitely wasn't my urge to do any climbing. If i had known the Great Wall has cable cars that go up to the top, i might've taken that instead...I never expected to have to climb up so many steps the last 2 yrs (this yr @ Great Wall and HK's Ngong Ping)..my legs are still feeling the after effects..:p:(:eek::p

anyway, sorry guys, i'm already feeling giddy for another possibility of an OG get-together...:eek::p

#366 ctjcad, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Oh...

...Feng, you know what, i think the only pics i've got of you, which i was able to save, are the ones i took.............................with your back wearing the badmintoncentral t-shirt..so sorry..:eek::(:p[​IMG]

Btw, our Abby飘 is now........................a California BC gal (welcome to U.S./California, Abby)!! whoo-hoo..:cool:;)

#367 ctjcad, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  8. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    You could try, er, the (many towers within) Tower of London :D

9. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Hey Feng, thanks so much for uploading your pics. Some good ones there. I've downloaded them all & put them into my album :) Much appreciated.
    The pics from the cliff-top came out really well. I love that brake fail sign, such a classic that one.
    Most of my pics are similar, but here's afew misc group ones, including one of Feng admiring his photography :)

Attached Files:

#369 smashed_1, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Cool...^^

...thanks for sharing your set of pics, Jason!:)..Hmm, i thought you have more pics from the Great Wall trip (i know you took quite a few)...How about from the other sporting events/places you went to??..:);)

11. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

Jason, those pics are really cool! Amazing! If you've got pictures like these with me on it, could you either put them in a ZIP file on MediaFire or send them to me by mail? Would love to have them in my album.

Thanks in advance!

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thanks Jason for the pix. Have added some of them to my album. ;)

13. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Hey Feng, got just afew more of you... pm me ur email they're only about 450k or so ea if you have ADSL be easier to email.
    Here's afew from the great wall, even one of your head, chris in a pose & one with chris texting... for help!!......
    how packed it looks here...

Attached Files:

14. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

hey Chris, yeah have soom goodies, was thinking better keep it baddy related, but then the other venues are worth sharing for sure.
    Check out the Tennis Centre. Nice stadium......

Attached Files:

15. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Here's afew from the Water Cube swimming. How good does it look at night!

Attached Files:

16. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Here's afew from the Beijing Birds Nest Stadium. Amazing stadium.
    Looks good from the inside & outside. Even though your seated quite high the seats are steep enough the action is still close to see :)

Attached Files:

17. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Lastly, something totally non-baddy related, but worth a look.... The Beijing Zoo!.
    The panda's were pretty cute, & the brown bears funny - check out their poses!

Attached Files:

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Keeeewwlll..^^

..thanks for sharing the other venues' and sporting events pics, Jason (we're still in the "Who's Going" thread and we sure did go)!!:);):cool:...Tennis stadium looks nice! I think you're one of a few lucky ones to have been able to sneak into the Water Cube (inside and outside) as well as the Bird's Nest stadium(inside and outside)!! Both are pleasing aesthetically; the latter is really amazing architecturally and the former is dazzling with all its variety of colors light up!!:cool:

The brown bears were definitely posing for you!!...;)

And thanks for sharing more of the Great Wall pics!! Now we're talking about how packed it was!!:eek:..And i think my cellphone was beeping like every other minute..:p[​IMG]

#378 ctjcad, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  19. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Hey Loh, would it be possible if you could be so kind to email me a higher res of our pics at "orchard road" They are good ones to put in my album :)
    I think your file names are.
    DSC_8677 WFJ Yong Jason_JPG
    DSC_8669 Jason I at WFJ_JPG
    DSC_8792 Chris Jason
    If you have put them away never mind, no worries :)
    did you get a copy of the one of us with Kevin & Yong near the baddy venue on your camera?. I can send you the hires copy I have if you haven't......

20. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Yeah those brown bears were really funny.

The water cube is fantastic at night. There was a music/light show between the lights on the hotel in the background, the water cube colours & the waterjets coming out of the concrete as in 1 of the pics. Something that could be watched for hours!.
    I hope Beijing keeps that building forever!

Bed time for me....chat tomorrow!

#380 smashed_1, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2008