Japan Open entries

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Open / Japan Open 2008' started by huangkwokhau, Aug 19, 2008.

1. victory

victory Regular Member

It is obviously not a joke.

What pjswift have said is very strategic.

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    As far as I know that LCW will not go to China Open but Macau Open where LD/BCL/CJ should be there

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    We have to remember that many tournaments will be held in China this year:

Olympics
    China Open 1
    China Open 2
    SS Final

So many players will participate China Open 2 and HKO...also after Olympics, many players want to take vacations...thats why JO, TO or Co (1) are lack of full field...
    Also 4 tournaments in a row......it is wise that a player can participate 2 tournaments only....

4. volcom

volcom Regular Member

And China need to show the world that they can beat LCW? Just like in AE, Swiss open, and the Olympics?
    What bigger joke can there be than this pathetic one? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    LCW was n't on equal footing when he got knocked out of the semi's by Chen Jin in AE and again for Swiss Open. He was only on equal footing for TC :rolleyes:, he only lost so horrendously in OG cos he was tired?

hahaha, non of LD, CJ, BCl and even CY fear LCW who has not won one single major tournament despite being the closest rival to super dan.

5. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Um, do you not count Super Series as 'major tournament,' Sire?
    Because he won one in Singapore this year.

6. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Who are you trying to convince here? more like you are just trying to come up with any sort of "reason" to back up your own belief of LCW's superiority.

Lin Dan participate in the last tournament before the OG which was Thailand open, while LCW last tournament was the Singapore open(at least a few weeks before the Thailand open), and you are only kidding yourself if you believe any loss of LCW was because of he was tired compared to Lin Dan.

Most likely you will come up with the Lin Dan had an easier semi than LCW in the OG, which is true, but you can not deny the fact that if one can not go through every obstacle that is in front of him to become a champion, that is his own fault, and you can't use that as an excuse for losing.

Lin Dan showed the world how he is the most dominant badminton player so far, and what if he likes to let this feeling sink into LCW's head and haunt him even more mentally by not even giving him a slight of a chance to meet him soon. This may be just another brilliant mental war by the great LYB, who knows.

Though, you have to agree that LYB has given you boleh fans a chance to dream and imagine again that LCW is still superior even after the defeat(a bad one) after the OG.;)

CHN is smart enough to prepare for the next OG by sending new stars to bigger tournament and let them have the opportunity to shine, instead of doing what BAM is doing, sending a bunch of players who probably won't be around the next couple of years(especially those so-called uncles) + they don't even have what it takes to win(eg. Roslin, LTS, and etc). Why not send the new players? Why send a bunch of not so good players who aren't likely to improve any more to big tournaments?

Bad planning ain't going to bring a miracle OG gold medal to Malaysia, and that is just to prove to be right one more time in London.

#66 bananakid, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  7. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    a super series is a major tournament???:confused: I mean people used to complain about how a WC is no longer a major tournament because it is being held once a year, and now we are going to consider a tournament that is held almost ONCE per MONTH a major tournament?????????:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Talk about low standards here. What's next? The Canadian open becomes a major badminton tournament???

#67 bananakid, Aug 26, 2008
  8. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I thought JO is a SS event in which the players need to be qualified based on WR. top 64 for MS/WS if I am not mistaken.?
    What is the rank for MJs? And compare with the CJs?
    Send the MJs to smaller tounament to gain more international experience will be much better than sending them straight to any SS and get thrashed in their first match.
    how many SS for Qiu YanBo, Lu Yi. ChenLong and others CJs in 2007?

9. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Yeah, you are right... I forgot all about the SS rules already, since I saw all those China Junior players involved.

Getting thrashed is part of the learning curve, and overly protecting your players isn't necessary a good thing. When your player get thrashed, then it is time to sit them down and discuss where to improve, thus you get to find out how strong they are mentally... whether they can take the loss and rebound, or if they are just sitting there and feel sorry for themselves.

Sending LTS, Roslin, and etc, are most likely resulting in yet another thrashing by a top seeded player anyways(if the top seeded players show up, that is). I mean if BAM is going to keep sending those folks to tournaments, might as well send Datuk Misbun to play, too.;)

I think LYB starts to send China Juniors to SS, mainly because he is already planning for London OG... what's a better time to start preparation then now? Find out who is the one capable of making it big, and who is not through lots of tournaments early instead of relying on the existing squard to hopefully be able to play 4 years later.

By the way, LCW(4 years from today) will likely be the same as WCH today, so why not start to build some youngsters early?

$320 each for Roslin, or LTS to lose in the first round isn't even enough to cover the flight tickets.

#69 bananakid, Aug 26, 2008
  10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think u should stop giving free constructive criticism and advices to BAM ;) If china do badly in 2012 OG, i will blame u for it:p

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

there's no hiding of your despisal on LYB's action. What i'm surprised is your suggestion and approval of LCW to adopt such filthy tactic of LYB.:rolleyes:

So, giving some key players a rest after OG training and competition is some evil doing of the china team huh? So i guess from your perspective having lcw to toil in the OG, then parade him around town with politicans, and then back on the court to train and compete in the JO is a better way to treat a star player. :rolleyes:

#71 cooler, Aug 26, 2008
  12. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Those "free constructive criticism" may earn me a 'datuk' title in the future... LOL:p;) Then everyone will start calling me Datuk Bananakid.:D

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

don't count on it. They will let you upgrade your nic back to bananaboy rather than give u a datuk title. :p

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

and 1 more: Malaysia Open..

15. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Singapore SS only held ONCE per YEAR.

16. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Dude... hopefully you are just being sarcastic here...:eek:
    There are 12 super series in a year, and you really think a Singapore SS is any different from a Korea SS?:rolleyes:

Do you also consider a Philippines GP a major title as well(it's held once a year,too accordinging to your standard), because LCW won it, too... oh... wait, so did Hafiz.:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

I still cannot understand why LYB didnot try to pair the strongest MD and WD in MD like Korean, denmark and England pair did. Indonesia and China had the same formula. They had a stong WD player in XD like Gao Ling, Yu Yang, Liliyana and Vita. But the men player were usually players that didnot had a major success in MD like Flandi (after retired from MD), Nova (not a very good MD player), Zheng Bo and Xie ZB . (also so so men doubles)

Example: If only Indonesia had Hendra S/ Lilyana N and China had Fu Hai Feng/ Zhang Ya wen, can you imagine how deadly these pair can be?

If China and Indonesia didnot had any very strong XD, I predict Korea XD Lee Young Dae/ LHY will be a very and tough pair to beat in 4 years to come.

Reason: LYD is still young and can improve very very much in 4 years to come judging from how talented he was right now. LHJ also a good WD player and tall. They will get better from what they are right now.

Mean while, other good prospect probably only HHB/ Yu Yang. Again He han Bin only a so so MD player. Others pairs are just too old, one way or other and maybe retired before LOndon 2012.

18. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

For all debate, I never consider SS as a major tournament. Despite the tournament got big points and money rewards.

After Olympics over, you will see lots of major tournaments will not be attend by best of the best in the world. why? easy. The players only had to play min 10 tournaments a year to had a full ranking points. So many players who did not chase prize money, will only enter a very imporatnt tournaments for them like WCH and All England etc or tournaments held in their country.

They wanted to stay fresh and healthy from any injury.

So if lets say player A can win an SS event but only 5 or less top ten player attend, can you said that player A already achieve a major success? Or lets say, player B win only a Gold event where all the best player attend, of course player B achieve a good success cause he/she win in tournament that all the best of the best participate.

With this in mind, you will probably see that China and Denmark and sometimes Indonesia probably didnot send their best player in all 12 SS in one year. Of course when Olympic 2012 near again. you will bet all best of the best will participate in all events even a small badminton tournaments.

19. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    XD is a different game to MD & WD. XD requires better tactics and consistency as opposed to power and fitness. FHF would be a terrible XD player IMO - he has little concept of tactics, just hit it harder if you are not winning. He does not have the defensive ability to turn attack around and find gaps.

XD mens players need to be tactically aware, have good skill to place shots and are consistent. They DONT have to have a big attack (eg. ZB), they don't have to be able to keep smashing over and over (NR, Nova) and they don't need to be exceptionally quick as in MD (Flandy)

It is a similar situation for the women, agility around the net area and a strong defence is the main requirements for women currently.

I agree about LYD. as he matures his tactical awareness will get better. His skills are ready now. LHJ is not young though (27 now), but she is also well skilled and does not rely on speed or physical ability, so should last.

20. l3nny

l3nny Regular Member

hey.....can anyone answer me y jae jin will withdraw?:crying: