Olympics 2008 : Who's going ?

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by Syaoran_Style, Nov 18, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow..those panda bears really cute!:p

2. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

Wow, thanks Jason! They look really cool! I'll send you my email by PM in a minute. If possible, could you send over a few pics of the different stadiums aswell? Like one or two pics each of the Birds Next, Water Cube, etc.? I didn't get a good shot of those, and it'd be lovely to have them in my album.

Thanks again!

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hi Jason, would be glad to, but how do I get it done? Even if I send you by email, will it be too big? But I certainly can try. Any other better ways? ;)

Yes, those pics I posted in BC were only 30% of my original resolution.

4. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

No worries at all Feng. sure are good to keep. I'll gather them all tonight.

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Women's Doubles Gold Medal Match

Thanks to Jason who spared me his ticket, I was able to witness this gold medal match with Kevin on August 15 between Du & Yu of China and the Lees of South Korea.

Earlier on, we witnessed the all-important SF match between LCW and LHI which LCW won in 3 games. I had to break away from my tour group who remained at the Olympic Games Village to take pics of the Bird's Nest and the Water Cube in the night so as to capture the brilliant colours of these two famous stadiums.

The China "tomboys" proved too strong that evening playing to a very supportive home crowd and wrapped up the match in straight games of 21-15, 21-13. The Koreans were further handicapped by an ankle sprain to the shorter Lee although she continued to fight on galantly to no avail.

But all the strains of competition and the disappointments of the Koreans were soon forgotten as they mount the podium to receive their accolades and prizes. All stood to attention as a mark of respect when the winner's country flags were raised and China's national anthem was played over the air. Applause and cheers followed to round up the evening's entertainment.

Attached Files:

6. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Hey no worries Loh, nice pics there - you've got a good camera for zoom!. Looks like you had a good seat for that night.

7. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Hey Feng,
    I changed my mind - I gathered afew pics of the stadiums & uploaded them to mediafire. Hope you can get them OK. Let me know if it doesn't work & I'll upload them to another place.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d1d97438a15f2b52d2db6fb9a8902bda
    Cheers

8. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

Thanks Jason! MediaFire proves itself worthy of the number 1 spot once again. The pictures look great!

I think I forgot to ask, but could you do the same with the pictures of me? It seemed I formulated the sentence a bit weirdly in the other post, but I meant to ask if you could have done that in the first place :D Stupid me! Thanks in advance!

9. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

Oh, never mind. The files weren't finished downloading yet. I got all the pictures, so no worries. Thanks Jason!

10. smashed_1

smashed_1 Regular Member

Hey Feng, no worries. yeah mediafire is so easy for sure. I don't think have any other pics of u now...
    Next gathering I'll remember to take lots of pics of u!! ;)

11. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Loh, so happy to see these pics! They're wonderful! I've been to the exact same places as you guys. Too bad I couldn't join you all in Beijing.. I went there before Olympics.. But during Olympics I had to go to France...

Anyway, brings back memories... :crying::)

12. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Not bad. I like them! OMG I went to Qinghua Daxue too... And Beida!!! I like Beida much more but have heard a lot of ghost stories about its lake... Anyway... cute dog!!! :D I saw some of you guys' pics in Tarek and Chris' Facebook too... :)

13. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Fengwei. Love your pics too! HAHAHA! So you guys actually liked Quanjude? I heard from Chris that it's quite pricey and that he didn't wanna go there again unless someone treats him... Oh, great wall! Very pretty! Too bad at Badaling great wall you can't take the slide down.

Smashed_1. Great pics from the Watercube and Bird's nest! And how cute the pandas are!!!

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

We'll...

..be expecting your presence in 4 yrs time in London OG, Yan! Hopefully, at that time, you won't go to France **beforehand** and then travel to Beijing/CHN **during** the actual Olympics...:p ;)

About our fave roast duck restaurant in Beijing, Quanjude, yeah, if just to enjoy the duck, i'd rather try a different restaurant (also recommended by Fengwei). :cool:

15. yannie

yannie Regular Member

chrisssssss!!! i downloaded all fengwei's beijing pictures.. fengwei they're so great!!! damn funny to see photos of you all... chris, fengwei, kemana, tarek, seawell etc etc... yeah ok, i hope i can go to london olympics.. i'll try my best to go... :D

16. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

Hey Yannie!
    Yea, Quanjude was nice but if you are just there for the famous Beijing Duck, try to visit a different Duck restaurant. The Quanjude branch name is well known, and it was a nice place to have the get-together dinner, but when it comes down to the food itself, nothing special about it. It's definitely pricey, and not worth it if you're just looking for a simple Duck dinner on your own.

See you in London 2012 then! And who knows, maybe even prior to that! :D

EDIT: Thanks for the compliments on the pictures Yannie! Not all of them were made by me though. After Chris' camera got lost, he made a lot of pics with my cam.

17. yannie

yannie Regular Member

hai fengwei!

yes, when i was in beijing, i was told that quanjude is the most famous beijing duck restaurant.. so that's why i paid a visit there.. but seriously as you said, there's a lot of other restaurants where the duck costs less and is more delicious!!!

yay! hope to see you in london 2012 or even before! oh i see, both of you take great pics then!!! i miss beijing so much now after looking at all your pics!!! hahahahaha!!!

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Oh goodness..

..i'm so giddy right now, i just wanna make a "OG 2012: Who's Going?" thread already...:eek:

I hope you, akskytt (Anne), all the Danish BCers, Dreamzz, jamesd20, Alaric, elwin81, Baderz_Jas and all the UK BCers will come..oh Syaoran_Style (Tarek), too....who knows, our long, lost & gone moderator, Mag, might even wake up and re-join us...:p ;)

#398 ctjcad, Sep 10, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  19. yannie

yannie Regular Member

hahahaha.. a bit early eh??? btw where is world championships 2009???

chris your spelling.. it's akskytt not askyytt.. *joget*.. anne will be announcer again for this year's DO, i will be damn busy, might only go during week days... or not even go... :rolleyes:

but yeah, i hope everybody will go to london olympics!!! don't forget alvin, jason, flora (i don't think you know her)... etc. all european bc members should go LAH.... and i hope everybody from the other continents too of course! the more the better.. hahahaha.. i love UK.