GGBC Newsletter SEPTEMBER Issue!

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by GGManagement, Sep 1, 2008.

1. GGManagement

GGManagement Regular Member

[​IMG]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Dear BC Members & Friends, [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]​

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]Hello everyone! Arrival of our September Newsletter welcoming the Autumn Moon Festival this month is anticipating a beautiful MOON, lucious lantern lights, and yummy Mooncakes! IF you eat too many.. must come to GG and play badminton! Please read the introduction of our "GG TIGERS ELITE" and come join our Team and SPIRIT!! Enjoy Septembers MOON, and please have a HAPPY MOON FESTIVAL WITH FRIENDS, FAMILY AND GGBC![/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]​

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Also, we are preparing something really exclusive and special for next newsletter, so stay tuned for OCT issue too!! [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]​

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Autumn Regards, [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]​

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]GG Management[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]​

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]For the larger version of Page 1, Please CLICK HERE. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+0][​IMG] [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]For the larger version of Page 2, Please CLICK HERE. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+0][​IMG][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]For the larger version of Page 3, Please CLICK HERE.[/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif]For the larger version of Page 4, Please CLICK HERE. [/FONT][/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT]​

#1 GGManagement, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Just read this...^^

(another very interesting newsletter; thanks for sharing):)
    ..hmm, although this caught a bit of my attention; from kwun's brief article, he wrote:
    "Sometimes i find it appalling how badminton fans have no idea about how to behave properly. Friction that exists between badminton fans of different players or teams is understandable. But many of the exchanges between fans are best not to be published. Can't we just all get along? ..."

Hmm, was kwun reflecting on a possible incident(s) which happened in BC, during the OG?? (i don't think he would mention it if it didn't happen??)..:confused:...Gee, I hope this didn't really happen in BC, cos i'm disappointed also..:eek::(..
    I, for one, didn't see any of it, at least during the sessions i attended..

#2 ctjcad, Sep 10, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  3. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    At least frictions on a forum are just verbal fight. They won't turn into really bloody fights. Sometimes it's fun reading those posts :) - like adding fireworks. :)

#3 Qidong, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  4. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Well.. I kind of agree with Qidong.. I mean for me it's not FUN to read these posts but alot of times the people that get into arguments, at least here on BC, often misunderstand a situation, and it's important they should understand a situation before they make an wrongful opinion or judgement which I often find is the case. But I find when you explain things properly and logically, most people then have an understanding and sometimes look at their own behavior before they criticise. That's kind of a nice result if we can achieve that.

For manic sports fans.. I find it amazing that these fans find watching sports to be a kind of RELEASE for them.. as if they are the ones playing IN the game and the adrenaline is just unstoppable. The worst memory of this kind of over excitement and obsession with sports fans is the only time I ever watched that soccer super cup or something. The one that comes up ever 4 years or so. I''ll probably get "socked" right here if I mentioned the wrong sport.. but anyways... :rolleyes: :( that poor Columbian running around the field and kicking it into his own goal... and then just 1 or 2 days later, having a drink in the bar in his own Country and being bombarded by his own people for making that dreadful kick and then being SHOT and killed right there and then! So that is really OH MY GOD horrible example of this kind of obsession.. I mean.. I don't think HE WANTED to kick into the wrong goal could he? Anyways.. that's my little take on the matter if anyone cares to listen to my mumbo jumbo.. h ahaa.. :D What do you guys think?

Sally

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well..

..yes, of course, misunderstandings of a member's point of view or just simple banterings/arguments do happen in BC/forum....and "verbal"(i don't know how verbal a post can get over a forum;)) fights happen...but as i know, those posts would still be shown/displayed in the forum..Worst comes to worst, the kwun/mods would just lock the thread..

...but kwun mentioned: "...But many of the exchanges between fans are best not to be published."...meaning the post(s) probably went over the "boundary"..does that mean the posts could've been basically deleted. Meaning they were deemed inappropriate to be shown/displayed??..:confused:..

I certainly hope the latter didn't happen...it'd be disappointing..:(

#5 ctjcad, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008