Malaysia Boleh Spirits

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Dato A, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

We welcome you back, Ms. Ipoh..

:eek:...WOW, welcome back, Ms. Ipoh!!:)...It's been a while, i mean a long while since i've seen you write such a lengthy yet very passionate inscription..I guess (just a wild guess) now, since the coast is clear (no Pemuda in sight;)), it's back to business, eh??...Anyway, i skimmed quickly but good to read that, cos i know you had a lot of stuff to "peel off" & get off your heart & mind; i'm sure Malaysia is proud to have you as one of its daughter..eerr i mean citizen..;):cool:

#541 ctjcad, Sep 18, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  2. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    good long essay............:D

thanks. it was just my thoughts on the matter.

is my father treat me equally?
    An Indonesian with permanent residence card, having child in M'sia, that comes with Bumiputra status. while my grandfather with the actual M'sia citizen, me?? still not having the ........ one day, i will have to depend the who to get enough food.

do all parents treat their children equally? do they not pay more attention if one of their child is handicapped? or do they seem harsh to a child who is a troublemaker? do they seem to favor the child who listens to them and study well? does the healthy children feel neglected? yes. does this mean the parents love them less? no. i think the bumiputra status of a child should follow his father. if his father is bumiputra, his children should be one too. bumiputra simply means the original people of this land before independence. no matter what, chinese and indians are not bumiputra. do i agree with differential treatment of bumiputra and non bumiputra? no. but again, before we want to be all level and all malaysians, we should have one language and one education system. in fact i want all our schools to teach the bahasa malaysia as the national language and also teach mandarin and tamil because it is what malaysians use to communicate. and english to learn the latest technologies. why not all of us learn all these languages but agree that bahasa malaysia is our national language? our identity. and malaysians would have an advantage of being really multilingual. wouldn't that be nice? and have anybody in malaysia, regardless of race, have no access to basic needs even when they work hard for it? anybody who works can buy food, have an accomodation anywhere in malaysia. nobody is denied basic needs. only those who dont work have naught.

i am proud to have great achievement and development in M'sia.
    just..... there is a Chinese say "if dont have big head, dont wear the big hat"

i am proud too. and i know there are other malaysians who are equally proud. and i want us to be better. develop further. and that is a good chinese saying. malay have one too. "ukur baju di badan sendiri" which translates to measure the cloth on your own body. it means that we should know our capabilities. but we also need to believe that we could one day fill that big hat. :) dream big is how developed countries make their mark. when people ridiculed the wrights brother for wanting to fly, and they presevered, did it not gave birth to one of the most important transport system?

err..... you got me on this one. i still need to pay 100% purchase for my little home.

bumiputra is given 5% discount for homes? this i dont agree with. everybody should pay equally. but lets all be equal first. lets all be malaysians first. :)

do i know that there a quota for every race in M'sia for getting into local university?

i know there is a quota. but nobody have been denied an education. the chinese have shown that they are a race that values education from early on. and malays and indians are somewhat lacking in emphasis in that department. and if we want all races to be equal, some make sacrifices. we can never satisfy everybody. do i want our best and brightest to be able to fulfill their potential. yes! no matter what their race. i am proud af any malaysian achievements no matter what their race is. but like handicapped children, some need more attention. and if we are really united, the big brother who are healthier would help out and not grudge the extra attention given to weaker siblings. but we are not there yet. everybody wants what they wants. nobody wants to be the bigger man. to each his own. me me me. but the end question, do i agree with this arrangement? no. but it might be neccessary at this point and hopefully will gradually prove to be obsolete in our country.

so sad for the individual that poor in Bahasa Malaysia. she lost her identity card and being jailed for 11 years........

i am sad for her too. if she could even uttered one malay word, at least the officer might delved deeper. even tourists in our country can speak some malay and yet our own citizen cannot. what does that say about our unity? about our identity? that we even have citizens that does not know how to sing the national anthem? can you find any US citizen who cannot speak one word of english and does not know how to sing the national anthem? can you find any chinese, korean or japanese for that matter? no. even the immigrants in their country knows the basics. and yet, here we have an individual that knows not a word of our national language. and she might be said to have a disadvantage ,that she might not have any education. but frankly there are a lot of fairly educated people in malaysia who also dont know how to speak malay properly. and this is because our education are different. and some race stick to their own in day to day dealings. if we are really mixed, we surely can speak the same language. the only way that the indian lady cannot even speak a word of malay is if she never needed to. and that means she never dealt with other races. which means she only stay within her own race. sad but this is true in malaysia. we are not as integrated as we think we are. and yet we are asking for equality. we dont even bother to learn our national language or our national anthem. are we really malaysians then?

is it a smart choice/move for them?

yes, it is a smart move for someone who only have to think for himself/herself. when in a dangerous situation and you life in in jeapordy, the smart move would be to save yourself. be selfish. that is the smart move. anybody will agree. but firemen runs into the fire to save lives and gamble their own. doctor treats dangerous diseases that they could get themselves while treating the patients. mother run in front of a bus to save her child. a brother who does not know how to swim, jumps into the river to save his little brother. why do they do this? they could lose their own live but they still do it? why? because they feel it is their responsibility. even when sometimes they get the shorter end of the deal. like losing their limbs or get sued for one reason or another by the same people whose lives they had saved. can we do that for our country? can we sacrifice ourselves? not when we only think of ourself. so it is a choice of an apparent smart move or deep down feeling of responsibility.

what is the amount we spent for that silver medal?
    are our fully sponsored athelettes do their best to achieve, at least beat own record?

what is the amount other countries spent? do all the champions have to slog through obstacles through their athlete lives? some are very well paid. lived a comfortable live. i think our athlete are doing their best. but their main weakness if their limitations (body type sometimes play a part in sports), their low self belief (which gets worse after the beatings they get from their our countrymen), their mental weakness (which i think is a malaysian trait for most) and their inability to focus since in malaysia being an athlete can mean a future so bleak you get discouraged when you are no longer competative. plus some of our athlete did beat their own record. maybe not at the olympics but at other meets.

yes, there are a lot of good things. that is why i am still here.....
    hopefully, the good things are much more than the bad things in coming days.

yes i agree. i hope so too. i love malaysia the way it is. i wouldn't want only one race in malaysia. i love the colourful country we have. the many cultures we get to take part in. the many many food we all enjoy. i want all-of-us-are-malaysian concept too. i want to learn mandarin and tamil and speak english and bahasa. all living equally. i do believe when we achieve that, we would be a better country.

true, i will change myself to be a better man. will that ISA change for good?

ISA is there because we are still as united as we think. we still look at other races suspiciously. and some even hated the fact that they have to share anything with other races. and thus people start a small fire, that will turn to be a big fire. and then all will be burned. when people are trying to start a fire, do we just stand by and let the fire grow bigger or try to put out the fire. ISA is still relevant today. it is just that the implementation is questionable in some cases. i think we learned from may the 13th that ISA is a small price to pay in order to save many lives. sentiments runs deep and people would kill for it. it is just that we are starting to think like americans and europeans who value freedom of speech above all else, even human lives. freedom without responsibility. freedom without respect. freedom that spits in the face of human rights. i dont agree with that. to me, human lives above freedom of speech. you dont see sane men going around insulting other mens' mother (even if the insults are true) because that can lead to a bloody mess or even death. so even though they have the freedom to say what they want, they dont. responsibility, respect and the value of human lives.

my educated leader at Bukit Bendera, Penang really tell the truth.

and truth is subjective. we believe something as the truth based on our own point of view. and truth can present itself in a mini version where not the whole picture is seen but merely a small section of it. imagine seeing a painting that is partly covered by a cloth. what we can see is a fruit and we say that the painting is of a fruit. it is the truth. it is not a lie. but we made the conclusion based on that one section of the painting that shows the fruit when if we uncovered the cloth, it is actually a painting of a waterfall with a tree beside it and only one fruit that falls from the tree. so does we describe the painting as a painting about fruit or about waterfall. plus is it truth without agenda whatsoever? i dont trust politician, any politician. is it the truth that there is nothing to gain for themselves? or their own community?

no hard feeling please. i am just giving some points of view. trying to look into other perspectives. :)

i hope there is no hard feeling on your side too. i agree that we should be able to share our point of view. we all have different perspectives indeed. perspectives that are biased based on our race, religion, culture and education because everybody belongs to a group. i might not be wrong and yet you might not be right. :) and talking and communicating is how we learn about each other and understand where each other comes from.

#542 azabaz_ipoh, Sep 18, 2008
  3. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    thank you chris. but i am around. i just dont post much. and i dont mind pemuda being here except that he has a one track mind and never see other people's view as legitimate. :D so i stopped arguing with him. better for my peace of mind. hahahaha.

i am proud to be malaysian. :D i would spill my blood for this country. and i want the very best for her and all malaysians. i just dont want it via violence and total destruction of trust between her people.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I like that..^^

..i mean your el pasión (sorry, too much spanish influence here; just finished skim-reading your 2nd "lengthy" reply, phew[​IMG])...I just hope it's not because it's Friday over in M'sia and it's been a very slow day at the office...;):);)

Btw, about mentioning you haven't posted for a while, well, i know you were around but at least i haven't seen you post for a while when Pemuda was around; you seemed to withdraw from posting in the forum..;)

#544 ctjcad, Sep 18, 2008
  5. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    i guess i am extra passionate today. plus the internet connection is good. as opposed to other days when the internet sucks real bad.

and no, it is not because it is friday. i had wanted to reply on so many occasions but just haven't had the time or the passion as you say it, as i did earlier today. and add the fact that the work load is actually a little light today, and wallah...an essay. hahahahaha.

i haven't posted mainly due the bad internet connection and work commitment. i only managed to read but not reply in many threads. when i finally had the time to really check out the latest thread, i found out that pemuda is gone. hahaha. i would have replied in his thread if i got the time. i havne't PAWed in a while too. miss PAWing. :D

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

azabaz, pls paw more often!!!:(:p:p:D

7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Malaysia Football Story

I've just heard from a friend that Shelby is working under 'Monkey'. Shelby is manager of MyTeam in the Malaysia League...

Anybody know abt it?

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    haha... its a joke. just pour money into the drain. Forget about football la... no size and speed and stamina. how to make it world standard? At least badminton got a better chance.;)

9. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Sunday September 28, 2008

Car buyers to pay more due to interest rate hike

By LESTER KONG

PETALING JAYA: Car buyers will have to pay more in monthly instalments now that hire purchare interest rates have gone up.
    Just a few months ago, banks offered interest rates at around 2.5%. Now, the rates are between 3.4% and 4.7% for new cars.
    Maybank hire purchase senior manager Nor Siah Othman said the bank had experienced a drop of about 40% in car loan applications in the past two months due to higher rates.
    She also advised car owners to restructure their loans to stretch the monthly payments longer after a few years of repayments if they find it a burden to service their loans.
    A freelance car salesman identified only as Teo said a buyer taking a RM42,000 loan would have to pay about RM54,000 over seven years - about RM4,000 more compared to the RM50,000 paid when the interest rate was 2.7%.
    AmBank group public relations manager Norlidah Abd Rahman said not all banks charged as high as 4.3%.
    “If the car bought now did not carry extended warranty under comprehensive insurance, the interest rate could be as low as 3.6% - 3.9% too,” she said.
    A hire-purchase executive from a major bank here said the rates were not expected to fall any time soon as banks were anticipating Bank Negara to raise the interbank rate that would affect the interest rates for housing and car loans.
    She added that the Hire Purchase Act did provide for a variable rate option for car loan holders based on the base lending rate used by banks mostly for housing loans.
    “But most customers do not choose the variable rate; most people prefer the fixed interest rate because they are lower,” she said.
    Kuala Lumpur and Selangor Car Dealers and Credit Companies Association president Khoo Kah Jin said interest rates for new cars were not that high at between 3.5% and 3.7%.
    He said there was no reason for used car interest rates to be as high as 4.5% - 7.5%.
    Khoo said the association had always pushed for the interest rates for used cars to be only 1% higher that of new cars.

Petrol price increase, bank increase hire purchase interest, salary remain the same.

MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Do you know how Malaysia would look today if what it could have been today was what that was not to be?
    Imagine that had Singapore not separated from Malaysia in the 1960s and that race relations were strong enough to support a secular government based strictly on meritocracy, Malaysia could have become a developed country that would out-rank even today's South Korea.
    It would have no need for any "Malaysia Boleh".

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    maybe SG had enough of boleh and separated:D
    I dunno, i'm just guessing:D

12. lelynx

lelynx Regular Member

it's all about mind-set of unity...
    as long as there is these thing about 'superior race', MY will ALWAYS fall behind...
    in which SG have sorted this out long time ago...

13. lelynx

lelynx Regular Member

take F1 for example...
    no circuit at SG? no worry, just re-use the streets and turn it around...
    for MY, spent billions just to build a white-elephant circuit... :(

yup... truly MY BOLEH... *phui*

#553 lelynx, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  14. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    It was the other way around. Singapore was kicked out of the Union. The future after separation was bleak for Singapore-it had a 20% unemployment. The picture is now very different, so much so that it is not being lost on Malaysians. Malaysians are now asking why are we falling behind every year, relative to Singapore, when we were so far ahead of them then? This is my observation and it will be a very high bar for who ever runs Malaysia now. It will require more than "Malaysia Boleh" to be as good.

15. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Please specific :-

1.) How much MAS gov spent on the SIC?
    2.) How you justify White Elephant Circuit?
    - Do you know how much revenue generate from F1 RACE held in SIC?
    3.) Other than F1 RACE, do you other events that being held at SIC?

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    I Just Know That Ours Biggest Party In Mas,is Personal Company Of P*k L*h

HEHE...now...we can see something...hmm...that mas can do as same as china...the OWNER of the biggest party in mas say:this people will sit my place...others cannot fight for it....:rolleyes:

just like a dad that handover his company to his son...a historical breaktru for mas politic...;)

17. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    if i recall correctly, the amount spent was earn back in 2 years.
    after the repayment, i want to question how is the revenue being used? look at SIC, it is in poor maintenance. MAS is well-known to be a terrific builder. "boleh" build anything, just unable to maintain it.....:(

i do believe S'pore earn back the investment in 1-2 years time.

18. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

drivers "drift-it" too much there :D

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Short visit

This particular posting caught my attention and I reckon it deserved my appropriate response. ;) Please find my response in red below.

When Malaysians are highlighting the negative of our race based politics, wasteful mega projects, integrity and credibility of our public service etc, they are doing it because they want a better Malaysia. There is nothing wrong in wanting to live in a better country. This is not highlighting 'bad things happening in Malaysia', this is Malaysians aspiring to live in a better Malaysia. A Malaysia for all. You need to understand that.

Malaysia is unique, for example instead of arresting that bigot who issued the racist "pendatang" statement, the authorities arrested and detained the reporter who was merely doing her job, which was reporting facts. This is a mockery of our current legal system and if you are unable to see through this pathetic state, I really do feel sorry for you personally.

Easier for Korea because they are of 'one race'?? Do you know that back in the 60s, Malaysia's GDP was twice of Korea?? But today, South Korea have soared ahead of us that their GDP is 3 times ours?? Are you saying this is so because the Koreans are all of one race?? :confused: What about Singapore then?? Tiny little dot of an island with no natural resources nor much human capital. Look at where Singapore is today. And mind you Singaporeans are made up of numerous races. Lets look further, what about the USA then?? Its a melting pot over there. And they are the world ecomomic power today. Try visiting UK, Canada, New Zealand or Australia and you will find various people of all sorts of race and religion living there. In short, being successful is not about race. It is 2008 now.

As for your Malaysians moving or migrating overseas after completing their studies, well, rather than blaming these people, I suggest you take a look at our current system that caused talented young Malaysians leaving the country. And please dont tell me that these people got no national pride etc! How can we have national pride when our system is race based and wishy washy. Its very simple, if we want to retain our best and talented our system must be professional and fair for all. This is actually a no brainer actually.

Hang on a minute here ... are you saying the chinese and indians are immigrants in this country??? Fyi, I am a malay and when I list my family history, I cant really go back than 3 generations. I seriously suggest you try yours and see whether you can go back further than 3 generations. And do this read this interesting article; http://asylum60.blogspot.com/2008/09/confluential-appendage.html and this as well http://kudaranggi.blogspot.com/2008/09/antara-pendatang-dan-penumpang.html

You mentioned history and I suggest you do a little more research because the negritos, senoi, kadazan, ibans were all here first ages ago before the rest.

As a malay, I am greatly embarrassed to hear that we consider our chinese and indian brothers and sisters as immigrants despite them being born and bred in this country. Our leaders talk about 'Ketuanan Melayu' (Malay Supremacy) and all. This is embarrassing and I am saying it as a malay myself. I likened this Ketuanan Melayu thingy to some KKK or Aryan movement kind of madness. I mean it is 2008 now and here we are talking about one race being supreme than the others??? :rolleyes::confused: You know, Hitler's Nazis had the same idea and you know what happened??? The Holocaust was the outcome. Didnt history teach you nothing, girl?

We are all anak bangsa Malaysia and this great country of ours belongs to all.

Again, rather than brushing off those who chose not to come back after their studies as irresponsible, we should look at the factors why we continue to have this brain-drain. What is the problem that is causing human capitol to flow out of Malaysia??

No one is saying that Malaysia is bad country Dont be confused. What we are saying is that this country can do so much better.

We are in distress today because we have draconian laws like the ISA. To deny any human being their fundamental rights to defend himself/herself in the court of law is wrong, period.

We are in distress because talented Malaysian are leaving for Singapore, Australia, Canada, USA, UK, New Zealand etc.

We are in distress because till today we still see others as 2nd class citizens. And we allow certain politicians to play the race card and divide us all.

We are in distress because corruption is at an alarming level and our judicial system have been manipulated.

"One track mind"? Well, tell you what? Let others read your postings and mine and let them decide who is the one with the "one track mind". ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To my Malaysia Boleh fans,

How did our shuttlers do in Japan Open and China Masters?? Did KKK/TBH win the China Masters?? I think we should give them another chance as they are still young. ;)

Malaysia Boleh to you folks! :D
    See ya!

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow, wow, wow
    i though u had already lost in the jungle..:D:D
    hmm, glad to know that u are still surfing around in the forum men:):p
    pemuda oh pemuda..:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.