Japan Open-Day 6(21/9/2008) finals

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Open / Japan Open 2008' started by robin7, Sep 20, 2008.

1. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    32 points are safe, CHN win 21-18.

MAS didn't get a good start in the 1st and 3rd games, cost them dear.

2. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Kinda sorry for Wong today, Chin didn't complement her very well.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..after a series of wonderful defense by Chin, the CHN pair nails it in...CHN on match pt...M'sian supporter cheering "M'sia Boleh! Boleh! Boleh!"...20-18 now...and CHN wins 21-18....whooow, what an ending....

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hasnt it been that way for some time for this pair? CEH being the weak link? :( But for WPT to change partners..... the youngsters are very much younger than her. Pity WPT

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Good effort though..

..it's a bit disappointing, but hope this experience will boost their morale and attitude...
    Congrats to both pairs for their first FIRSTS; MAS' pair for their 1st ever SS WD Final experience. And CHN's new pair for winning their first ever SS title in their young pro career; perhaps this will be the first small step of more major victories to come??..

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

CHN's WD should have pretty good pairs for the next Olympics:
    (1) Du Jing/Yu Yang -- current Olympics Champion
    (2) Pan Pan/Tian Qing
    (3) Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei -- first SS and first title...what a performance!
    (4) Ma Jin/Wang Xiaoli -- WJC 2006 Winner
    (5) Xie Jing/Zhong Qianxin -- WJC 2007 and AJC 2008 Winners

#1046 badMania, Sep 21, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..GD TV is back showing a grunting women tennis match..disregarding the prize presentation..

Congrats to all the winners and finalists. Good to see so many first time SS winners this yr, in this SS (WYH, SDK, JR & LP, VM & MR & CS & ZYL).
    See y'all back, hopefully, next week at the China Masters SS; same time, channel, frequency and bandwidth...Hope we'll see more new & first time winners!:cool:

#1047 ctjcad, Sep 21, 2008
  8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..good thing it'll be in 4 yrs as we'll be pretty good in initializing the names of the last 4 (up & coming) pairs..;)

9. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

this is not their 1st title,they won Austrian Open last year,beating tian qing/pan2

10. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    And WS:
    XIE Xingfang
    WANG Yihan
    ZHU Lin
    LU Lan
    WANG Lin
    JIANG Yanjiao
    ZHU Jingjing
    no need to mention juniors:D:DMaybe they have no chance:eek:

#1050 LI De Quan, Sep 21, 2008
  11. copadh

copadh Regular Member

Ahsan born 7 September 1987, while Bona 22 September 1987, (data from PBSI). Like Kido and Hendra, the first is two weeks older than the other...

12. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator

congrats to ina players for winning 2 titles of JO 2008

off topic... hey koh, how are you? it's been a long time we haven't met again :D.. i didn't know that you're in jakarta.. i was staying in borobudur hotel from 16 - 19 september 2008 for attending a "computer training " ... if only i had known you had been in jakarta that time.. i might have contact you and met you there :D

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Out of the young lot..

..Wang Yihan is definitely the REAL DEAL...(haven't seen Zhu Jingjing play, yet):cool:

14. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    1. Mistakes by Nova cost the pair.
    2. LCW suddenly turned off when close to finishing first set, after that it looked like WC in KL.
    3. Wang Yihan and Wang Lin will contest for the top spot in some years to come. Lu Lan will be in the mix as well.
    4. Septano/Ahsan showing very good promise.
    5. Pretty good effort by Chin/Wong, I must say. Even against a relatively new pair, it is a Chinese pair nevertheless. Cheng/Zhao showed some immaturity, but it will only take some time to fix this problem. Good strong attack.

15. Nanaokimi

Nanaokimi Regular Member

Student
    just returned from JO... men`s double n women`s double was very entertaining! Congratulations to all the winners! happy to see new Japan Open champion faces!
    SDK took some pix with Wang Yihan after the prize giving ceremony. Taufik Hidayat was there too with his digital camera.
    Indonesian men`s double pair was superb.small but their agility...perghh...

I think I just lost my voice for the whole week....

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^That's groovy!!..^^

....wow, Sony took some pics with Wang Yihan??..I wonder, when the pics come out, if Sony will be surprised to see Wang Yihan resembles a bit like him..;)

Yep, we heard you guys chanting those "Boleh! Boleh! Boleh!"(thorugh livestream)..and it was LOUD, LOUDER than y'day (Semis)...I guess you guys got a new chant/cheer leader, eh??..:cool:..And definitely the cheers turned the solemn crowd & atmosphere a bit livelier..:cool:
    And yeah, we saw the last few pts of the WD match and it was definitely exciting.
    Any pics to share with us of your cheering group??..:)

#1056 ctjcad, Sep 21, 2008
  17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2008 Japan Badminton Open: FINALS

Just got back to read about today's JO FINALS.

Thank you to all for your posts. :):):) It's great to find so many first time SS Champions.

And my predictions failed badly... Only having 1 correct out of the 5 events. :eek::eek::eek:
    What our moderator, Cheung, posted is true. Those who are hungrier for success are the ones more likely to win. They try harder. Cheung was telling me that CS/ZYL are hungrier than CEH/WPT to win their WD match.

This also applies to SDK, WYH, LP/JR and MR/VM, who are hungrier to win their matches.

Sometimes, I feel that players should make less comments to the press. I am talking about LCW's comment as reported in the press. When SDK learned about LCW's injury, that could make SDK more determined and hungrier to win, even before the match starts. And it was good that he did it. :):):)

Finally, It's Congratulations to all Match winners (and to PAW winners, as well).

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ANYWAY,have 2 final spot from 11 player....good enough...gambateh in the next tournament...mas...

congrates to all winner...

19. badylife

badylife Regular Member

still proud of mas wong/chin

though they have lost. i am still proud of wong/chin as i can see that they have given their best. down 1st game but go on to win g2 convincingly. however,they lost g3 but not without giving a gd fight.
    they were trailing by 8 points but fight back and in the end lost the title by just 3 points(18-21).
    anyway this wd match is an interesting match with mas having strong defense and chn having strong attack.
    honestly mas could have won if they cut down on their errors.
    hope that wong/chin will continue to show improvement and win a super series title this year. congrats to them for thieir 1st SS final.
    good achievement considering they beat 2nd seed n prevent chn from scoring straight set victories for the title.
    hope there is more breakthrough and victories for them.
    congrats to all d winners today.

P/S:somehow i feel that wong/chin have very little communication on court.hardly see them encouraging or talk to each other. both look very serius.am i the only one who feels that?i have seen them play before and i feel that they have more communication in older matches in 2006. back then, they were always give each other encouragement and appologizes 4 their mistakes. maybe they should communicate with each other more. maybe ants can tell them about this. anyway all the best to them in china masters

20. Nanaokimi

Nanaokimi Regular Member

Student
    took some pix with my old digicam,but the quality is not so good. my housemate took more than 500 pix for semi n final using his dslr. hope I will have time to upload n share some of them with all of us(need to learn how to upload pix here). the trophies for women`s double was presented by Malaysia ambassador. It would be great it WPT/CEH won the champion, but:crying: .