Maria Kristin Yulianti

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by copadh, Aug 17, 2008.

1. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    If Lu Lan must wait until 2012 to have her revenge, she must be so....bad, hehe... keeping grudge 4 years...hehe...:p:p

2. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

i had high hopes when she won the first set. but after losing the second set i just knew she would lose. i told my roommate - we were just looking at the scores on the net - and he didn't believe me ;) i hate to say told you so.

but still, people should keep an eye on her. several more 5 star competitions and she'll be up there with the others. eventhough not in ranking, but in reputation.

too bad she couldn't finish off Lu Lan today. if it happened, she will be Lu Lan's nightmare for sometime.
    if you get beaten by somebody several times straight, it somehow sticks in your head everytime you meet again on the court. its a mental state, and i believe its one of the most important thing on professional level, because skills are not that different between players. but i do have to give credit to Chinese and Western players for having great mentality, above average i should say.

3. hansonlouphers

hansonlouphers Regular Member

college student
    and JMO.. Maria's mentality is above average than Chinese and western players.. huehehe... no offence please... ;).. and good skill is an important thing too..

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Maria is now wiser, calmer, and more confident than many opponents think... Good for her. It is better to be underestimated...

5. Felix.

Felix. Regular Member

Leading 21-13 17-10 and to lose it in the end shows that Maria is still inexperienced. Hopefully with more exposure, she'd be able to close out her match.

6. Yong_Hui

Yong_Hui Regular Member

Accountant
    I wish Maria can maintain her performance since uber cup, INA SS, OG
    is she going for Euro SS??? or Macao GP will be her last tourney till China Open, and HK open....

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Maria's passport is still with the DEN embassy... She can't go to Macau Gold GP... DEN SS and FRA SS are more important...

8. hansonlouphers

college student
    uhmm.. why is macau open is not that important?? doesnt Denmark open is a GP class also???

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Denmark and French Opens..^^

..are Super Series tourneys, you can check the 2008 Tournamet section and see a "(SS)" next to the events. SS is 5-star tourney, 1 level above GP Gold (Macau).
    Main squad will go to European SS instead; back-up squads will get their talents tested in Macau Open.;)

#109 ctjcad, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  10. hansonlouphers

college student
    oye aaa get it noww... just check that Denmark is a SS. get wrong with Netherlands open.

11. hiltonmoreira9

hiltonmoreira9 Regular Member

student
    one resource from PBSI said that Maria Kristin is good in singles tournament but in team events, she is bad.
    no wonder Indonesia couldn't hold the uber cup for the fourth time last may..

12. Dy_e4ia_TUC

Dy_e4ia_TUC Regular Member

college student
    so what??? whether she play in single or team events.. she still plays single matches.. i think maria is good in mental,, she never felt havin any burdens in playing whether in single or team events,, i think what the PBSI resources said is only personal opinion,, not what exactly maria's weakness..

13. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    Maria's style is too slow compared to chinese players. She must do more smashes, instead of cross drop to get more points. I saw she playing in uber cup 2008 in istora senayan, Most of the audience shouted "smash, smash" but she didn't do it, she just did dropshot. So she lost to eriko hirose & xu huai wen.

14. Dy_e4ia_TUC

college student
    i do think so,, maria should learn how to be offensive player in some moment,, Susi susanti won the gold in OG coz she changed her playing style from defensive to offensive,, Maria still has some problems in facing the players that have same playing style with her such as eriko n XHW,,
    I can't wait maria for grab some title,, come on maria,,

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Let me get this straight... you are saying that Maria Kristin is the reason we couldn't grab the Uber Cup this year? :confused: :eek:

The fact that China had Xie Xinfang, Zhu Lin, Lu Lan all in the top 5 world ranking and then the #1 to #4 Women's Doubles had nothing to do with China winning the Uber Cup? :confused: While on the other hand, Maria Kristin, being ranked #21 in the world at that time was the highest ranked player INA could offer... plus Firda-Pia-Nana who were all ranked 35 or worse ...plus our best WD couldn't win against the Chinese either... It was due to Maria's fault? :confused:

I think almost all the fans know that Maria is quiet, composed, and does not appear dynamic on-and-off the court... :p Yes she is not a 'leader' type... But was she a destructive force in the team? Never! But for you to say that our Uber Cup team didn't win the cup because of Maria is not right! We just lost to a VERY good China team. That's all! ;) No shame in that!

#115 Krisna, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  16. Dy_e4ia_TUC

college student

CLEARLY EXPLAINED,,, :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

17. .ash.

.ash. Regular Member

Student
    i think, i like maria whatever she plays with defense/offense play
    maria is maria,we can ask her to changed her style
    and maybe with her style ,she will become top players

18. Rahayu

Rahayu Regular Member

immigration officer
    I just looking for shoes in matahari cilandak town square jakarta,and guess what ?i saw maria kristin n nidya krishinda,i got her picture but my camera in my celullar is not good so i didnt upload the picture lei..hehehe

19. yan_brot

yan_brot Regular Member

civil servant
    i love maria
    i love the way she plays..
    firda looks more smashing and offending but maria can beat her mostly
    before Uber she was at 21st World Ranking, and if im not mistaken her rank was 15 before OG (Saina 14th), after winning bronze, her rank isnt up,now shes in 16 WR (Saina 11th) what the hell is goin on ????

20. hansonlouphers

college student
    hehe..no matter about da quality lah. could u post it here hun??

actually, a friend of mine also met Maria and Nana at Hypermart Serpong.

my friend said, "i want say hi but.. i'm worry if she's kind of feeling annoying. cuz, everytime i look her ..then she looks back at me.. but weird... " :p:p

i said, "noo.. shes just a nice person.."