Which is the best racquet?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ahtze, Oct 4, 2008.

1. ahtze

ahtze Regular Member

Hi, which will u recommend? AT 700, NS 8000, NS 9000, AT 900 or some other racquet?

2. moondog99

moondog99 Regular Member

They are all good racquets, all down to your preference. Head heavy full attack power go with AT or lighter head fast response go with NS. Alternatively buy 1 each to try it yourself then sell off the ones that dont fit you so well. Off course it would help if you list your current racket then you might have a better understanding of your preferences. cheers

3. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

all the racket u listed is awesome....everyone's dream to get the racket...but different ppl may suitable for different racket....how can we recommand u to get a racket without knowing about ur style?

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    There is no such thing as the best racket. It depends on the person who is using the racket.

5. ahtze

ahtze Regular Member

I am using very old racquets(roughly 8 years old)at the moment but I think its time to change a new racquet. Those old racquets are cheap. I have TI Titanium 6 by Proace which I think is okay. I got a Max Nano 7800 by protech which I think is not stable and not powerful enough. I also have a Tactic 8500 by Yang Yang which I kinda like it. The last racquet I have is the Woven Ti Jaguh by Yang Yang. I think I like its accuracy and power.

I need a racquet which have good smash power but not TOO MUCH to hurt my shoulder and good accuracy racquet.

Should I go with NS 9000S?

6. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

well, you listed 2 yang yang. if you live in the bay, you can get those from badminton alley for less than $100 a piece, and you don't have to change. also, you seem to play with ovals, or is that a change too?

7. ahtze

ahtze Regular Member

Oval or Isometric, it doesn't really matter. Its all the same to me. I just need something that's accuracy, powerful and can make good clear.

Is the New Yang Yang racquet good? I haven't see anyone here who use Yang yang. Everyone I know in Houston use yonex :(

I think I am gonna get Nano Speed 9000S. I like the color of it too

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    There's no "the" best racket in the market,there's only the best racket for urself,n for every individuals in the sport.The best racket for u is the racket that fits u the most,more than the rest of other rackets.The racket doesn't have to be one of the most popular,one of the most expensive.

In my experience,i can say that if u played well,with no matter racket u're using..ppl will start buying that same racket.

9. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    If you have a slower swing and yet want to have power, you should go for a flexy and head heavy racquet with a high tension string. If you have a fast swing, go for a stiff racquet with a lower tension unless you are very strong else the vibration will give you tennis elbow !

10. ahtze

ahtze Regular Member

Which racquet is good for what?

11. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

I've heard the NS 9000 have been prone to breaking, i think where the frame and strings meet:eek:

12. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    The Carlton Nanolite 9500 is good for that. It is light (82gm), flexy, head heavy and you can string it up to 28lbs.

13. victorsakul

victorsakul New Member

Nurse
    The best racquet for me so far is Yonex MP99

14. green.blood

green.blood Regular Member

Feather basher
    So far these rackets suit me...

1. Cab 30 (2U) - Best when I'm fully fit
    2. YY Tactic 8500 (3U) - Feels like light version of the Cab 30, superb control and can generate awesome power. Getting my 2nd piece soon. It's cheap too.

15. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    Well... I believe the problem i not your racket. It's in your technique. You need to fix your technique, from using shoulder to wrist. This way, your power will increase a lot, and you don't need a new racket.

This Woven Ti thing, if you like it, why need a new one? Buying an expensive racket won't solve anything. Accuracy and power and etc, is not done by your racket. It's done by your technique. If you like your old racket, don't throw it away. You're risking too much money for something uncertain. Your new racket could make your shoulder more painful.

Fixing you technique by asking people around, might solve your problem. Don't judge a player by it's racket. But, by it's technique. Good luck, can't recommend you any of them pal :):), since they're all for wrist player. (Every racket is actually xD).

Last thing, Do you want to buy a racket for fame? (Showing your money off). Or to make you play better? (Since I see 2 things inside your words).

If it's the first, Yonex Arcsaber 10, the latest, the most expensive, the most unplayable for shoulder player.

If it's the 2nd, use the racket you loved most (Woven Ti Jaguh by Yang Yang). Changing one racket to another needs adaptation, and lots of other trouble. You can see that even some of the advisory staff of Yonex, using old yonexes.

Good Luck, No Offense, just judging what do you really want.

You might want to read this.

#15 K4mu1, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  16. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    I don't see ArcSaber series in your list... And I'm not familiar with other brands other than Yonex (For now... Will try SOTX for sure!). I heard Apacs and SOTX are very good in terms of price and quality.

I personally have the AT900T, ArcSaber 10, NS8000. I find that they are all very nice to use.

Armortec series tend to move slower than others because of the head-heaviness and the structure of the frame but in turns packs the most power if you use it right.

Nanospeed series allows you to manuever your racquet faster because of headlight structure but you need quick response and reaction to compensate with it...

ArcSaber series can be half and half depend on how you use it and how you modify it but the racquets contain the most up-to-date technologies and it's very light.