GG Newsletter OCT Issue Online UNEDITED Version | Olympic Spirit Lives On!!

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by GGManagement, Sep 30, 2008.

1. GGManagement

GGManagement Regular Member

[​IMG]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

DEAR DEAR GG FAMILY, and FRIENDS!!

HOT! HOT! HOTTEST ISSUE EVER!!! THE OLYMPIC TORCH STILL SHINES BRIGHT right thru to Halloween and pumpkins! We've been playing the Olympic DVD's at our club and everyone just LOVES to watch the excitement! WAHHHHH!!! WE have the HEARTS of the determined and the Champions! That's good to know! Our newsletter has received a little TWEAK this month to accomodate our features because we couldn't put everything on just 4 pages, but our members of the month will be back next month in our THANKSGIVING TURKEY issue for November!!!

GGBC brings you an incredibly special month. We had the EXCLUSIVE PRIVILEGE of interviewing the #1 RANKING WORLD BADMINTON CHAMPION at THIS VERY MOMENT IN TIME! YES! Check out the BWF Rankings! We cannot stipulate on one page how many trophies, awards, accolades our SPECIAL GUEST FEATURE THIS MONTH, has obtained in his young career! We can only say it was a HONOR to actually SPEAK with A BONAFIED OLYMPIC MEDALIST and he comes to GGBC to greet YOU! So ENJOY this months interview with LEE CHONG WEI, OLYMPIC SILVER MEDALIST BADMINTON, BEIJING 2008 fresh from the Olympic Podium!

We also have our own MIKEY in BEIJING having the time of his life! He literally took an entire scan disk of photos and we had the arduous task of narrowing it down to just these few to accomodate our newsletter! He was HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY and he wants to share that with all of YOU.

So ENJOY our feature this month and continue bearing the Olympic torch and Spirit thru out your own badminton and sports career, and bring it to GGBC and let it BURN!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN AND BEIJING HOORAYYYYY!!!!!

GG MANAGEMENT!

;) PS. To download the PDF version of the Newsletter, please CLICK HERE! Thank you.

[​IMG]
    Please CLICK HERE to view the larger version of Page 1.

[​IMG]
    Please CLICK HERE to view the larger version of Page 2.

[​IMG]
    Please CLICK HERE to view the larger version of Page 3.

[​IMG]
    Please CLICK HERE to view the larger version of Page 4.

[​IMG]
    Please CLICK HERE to view the larger version of Page 5.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To use this coupon, please print it out and bring it to GGBC front desk.

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]​

2. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Lcw No 1 Ranking

Hi there BC friends!...

Hope you all are enjoying our GG Newsletter this month! We were very excited to get ahold of LCW and interview him.. But GGBC received a letter at our GG MAIL that disputed "our claim" that LCW was #1 in the singles world ranking! SHE proclaimed that Lin Dan just won Olympic GOLD, how can LCW be #1? SHe wanted "PROOF OF OUR CLAIM THAT LCW IS #1".

Well I'm kind of "offended" of such an accusation that "we can claim" he is #1 at this very moment. I mean.. What kind of remark is that? How can we just CLAIM a world champion is world champion #1? That's like CLAIMING I'm Queen Elizabeth or something! :cool:

SO... Just to CLARIFY.. GGBC MAKES NO SUCH CLAIM. We actually researched this throughly and LCW is, in fact, in reality, :eek: #1 in the World Ranking for Men's Singles:D. Now where did we get this simple info that we find common sense IMPOSSIBLE to CHEAT PEOPLE ON? On the BWF site!! Where else?? And Lo and Behold, there LCW is, in the #1 spot. Sorry to disappoint our writer, but we didn't pull any strings to put him up there to gain extra points for scoring him onto our newsletter..... actually.. he EARNED IT, IF you can accept THAT explanation.

So there everyone, LCW is now officially #1 singles player in the whole world. :D Below is site to be seen!

http://www.internationalbadminton.org/ranking.asp

GG Sally :D

3. Confuciusmi

Confuciusmi Regular Member

student
    Well, as a Chinese,as a patriot,I was a little bit disappointed to find that Lin Dan wasn't ranked No.1 now.:crying::crying::crying:
    Nontheless,to hold an object view,Even Lin wining the gold medal in the Olympic doesn't mean that Lee doesn't have the ability to win the contest!But he just didn't exert himself while Lin was at the peak that night.It's wonderful and fantastic to be the winner in the contest but if u r not able to ahcieve the dream,it doesn't mean that u r inferior to your rivals!
    Actually ,when we watched the competition that night,we all held breath for Lin as we all know that Lee is a powerful opponent,who r definitely qualifited to be a winner.But lee was not in a good condition.So.....
    I just try my best to protect myself being sick whenever I take the exam.But If unfornately I'm sick ,feeling too terrible to do a good job in the exam,that doesn't mean that I can't do a good job,right?
    And Cheng fei,who was supposed to be the winner in the women's vault,was too nervous to show the best of herself and she just got the third place!But the past few years witnessed her ability and she should have get the gold medal in the woman's vault!
    So,to the best of my knowldege,even Lin's winning the gold medal doesn't mean that he must be ranked no.1.Though Lee got the silver medal,maybe he will just get the gold medal next time.Besides,U can see that in the women's single,Zhang Nin,ranked No.2 ,defeated her rival,Xie Xing Fang,ranked No.1
    ..............I was tired out...............................:crying::crying::crying::crying:

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

From looking at the pics..

..you betcha Mike was happy!..:);)..Looks like he's also lucky to be able to get access to the U.S. squad's living village and players' access area. Too bad i (and the rest of the BCers) couldn't cross path with him (i'm sure there was a small chance to do so)..:( :p...ah well..
    Anyway, good to read the latest GGBC newsletter!:cool:

5. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Lucky Mikey!

Ha haa.. YES, he had the time of his life. He's just a lucky Bloke! Thanks for your compliment on our newsletter!

Sally :D

#5 GGsally, Oct 3, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  6. TinaWong

TinaWong Regular Member

So What ?If he meets Lin next time he will definitely be defeated.I don't know why so many people can't accpet the truth that Lin got the gold medal!Everyone feels recalcitrant about this gold medal except Chinese people.I must sigh for that that even the Chinese above seems agree that Lee is superior to Lindan.I'm shameful for this.

7. TinaWong

TinaWong Regular Member

8. TinaWong

TinaWong Regular Member

So,to the best of my knowldege,even Lin's winning the gold medal doesn't mean that he must be ranked no.1.Though Lee got the silver medal,maybe he will just get the gold medal next time.Besides,U can see that in the women's single,Zhang Nin,ranked No.2 ,defeated her rival,Xie Xing Fang,ranked No.1
    ..............I was tired out...............................:crying::crying::crying::crying:[/quote]

If u r right,why everybody wants to get the gold medal and be crazy about that?According to what u mentioned above,gold medal is worthless at all!

9. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

#9 GGsally, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Well..^^

..i don't know if Sandy Lam plays badminton or not, but i think i have to consider you, Sally, to be the better of the two simply because...................................you play & love badminton (and do a host of other wonderful & "volunteer" tasks, e.g. such as helping out GGBC, handling customer complaints, hanging out and posting here on BC...and other badminton related things..);):):cool:

11. Confuciusmi

student
    ..............I was tired out...............................:crying::crying::crying::crying:[/quote]

If u r right,why everybody wants to get the gold medal and be crazy about that?According to what u mentioned above,gold medal is worthless at all![/quote]
    Oh dear Compatriot,Don't be so harsh with me.U know,I didn't even have the courage to reply to u a few days ago.
    It's right that everyone is crazy about the gold medal in the Olympics which is a great even in the world.However,it do invovles a lot of factors beside your ability.I was so sad that Cheng fui was unable to get the gold medal just as she was too nervous to exert herself.I'm enthusastic about Lindan as well as LEE too,who were admiited by the commentator that they were equally matched.Besides,Ranking requires accumulating points.So so so.......We should holding a more prosaic view of Lindan's ranking and congratulate Lee...

12. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Sandy is NICE!

Heh hee. Sandy doesn't play badminton, but she sure SINGS WELL! But really.. she is a great singer and performer so you must listen to her sometimes. Her voice is sweet, delicate and strong. She is NICE TOO. I'll have to make her play badminton next time I see her! :p Actually I DO.. Everytime someone has a concert in HKG, I don't send flowers anymore. I send a Badminton racquet!!! :D So I sent one to Andy Lau, Jacky Cheung, Lee Hacken, Eason and Alan Tam. So far, no one called me up to play!

Sally

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Maybe..^^

..those pop-stars, the ones you sent rackets to, are afraid to play with you, Sally (knowing well you spend a lot of time around badminton)...:confused: ;):)

But what happened to the other 2 Heavenly Kings?? how come their names are missing? i know one of them is quite fit and athletic...good dancer, too, so maybe he'll have better footwork..;)

#13 ctjcad, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  14. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Having Sportsmanship!

Don't worry Con. I'm sure Ms. Wong will understand once she reads your letter and sincerity. SHe was just stating her opinion and I'm sure she would understand that we have ours too! But after all, sports is an INDUSTRY in itself which promotes sportsmanship and exemplary conduct as first and foremost which goes hand in hand in competitive combat, and playing to WIN. In my opinion, Tiger Woods is the best example of a great Sportsman, A Gentleman, An Educator, A Scholar, and a SUPERIOR Athelete! As fans we should show our fans sportsmanship by exerting the same conduct! I hope!

Sally :D:D:D

15. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Oops...

AARON?? He's too busy to play badminton! He loves to eat Szechuan HOT POT too much!

I must admit I dont' know Leon that well so I didn't send him.. :p. Oops. But he too busy dating yah... ha haa.

Saly

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Lin Dan has won the Badminton Mens Singles GOLD at 2008 Beijing Olympics Games

:D:D:D Can't believe what I have read. :D:D:D

It is important to stick to facts, namely:
    (1) Lin Dan has won the Badminton Mens Singles GOLD at 2008 Beijing Olympics Games
    (2) Lee Chong Wei is currently ranked Badminton Mens Singles #1 at the latest World Ranking.

For Fact (1), it is based on the player's performance in that ONE tournament alone.
    For Fact (2), it is based on the player's points earned from a series of tournaments played.

Facts are facts. We cannot fight over facts.

:):):)

17. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Note

12 posts have been deleted.

To put it simply, they had no reference to either the Olympics or GGBC.
    They also had nothing at all to do with the spirit of this forum ;)

18. Confuciusmi

student
    I think they all deserve our appreciation

Not only do I appreciate Lin Dan, Lee chong Wei ,Zhang ning ,Xie xing fang,but also I do appreciate Wong Mew Choo and Lu lan.How wonderful when Wong and Lu competed for the quater final,both of whom were quite persistent,perserverant,and dashing!
    They are all excellent atheles ,so much so that all of them deserve our appreciation.It's ok if u don't appreciate someone of them,but we should show respect to these eminent ones!

19. TinaWong

TinaWong Regular Member

No.That's not the case!
    Concerning the woman player,the best one is Lin's grilfriend and Zhang,they are the best one. As to Wong,though she defeated Lin's grilfriend one time,that's because X was not in her shape that day!Compared with the 3 TOP ahletes,Wong seems inferior to them.Don't u think so?Wong just ranks No.6 in the world,if not any change.