2006 Pan Am Jr in Brazil

Discussion in '2006 Tournaments' started by dex, Jul 12, 2006.

1. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    Anyone know where I can find the draw for the Pan Am Jr both in the Team and Individual events? Thank you very much!;)

2. harimau

harimau Regular Member

ITs, CEs, P&C Insurance Agent
    Please check it out at www.tournamentsoftware.com

USA Team lose to PERUVIAN in the Team SEMI final.

1 - 3 and they didnt play the 5 th match which is the WD. All of the losses are by a very small margin like 21- 19. Very closed game indeed it could have gone either way.

3. dropper

dropper Regular Member

Sales
    How could USA lose to Peru? That is impossible. USA has the USA Thomas Cup #3 singles Howard Shu and Uber Cup #3 singles Jamie Subandhi. This is a Junior tournament; how could USA Thomas Cup and Uber Cup players lose to Peru's Juniors? Did Jamie and Howard play in the tie with Peru? I cannot find the individual results from team matches anywhere. I went to the "tournamentsoftware.com", but it has only the tie result, not individual match results. Can somebody direct me where to go to find the results and scores of individual player matches in the team event.

4. dropper

dropper Regular Member

Sales
    Finally I figured out how to find the individual match results from the "tournamentsoftware.com". Wow, it is really amazing that the Peruvian team beat USA who played both Jamie and Howard in the tie. This is a great win for Peru. And since they also beat the Canadians now Peru is the Junior Pan Am champions. Congratulations to the Peru players!

5. pelegri

pelegri Regular Member

software engineer
    Peru has a very strong Junior team. Looking at the scores it was very close...

Jamie won in 2
    Howard lost in very tight 3
    Jamie/Jack lost in very tight 3
    Azam/Sacha lost in very tight 2
    Daphne/Laurie did not play

6. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

I've played the Peruvians before. Some of thier juniors had really great potential when I played them. I am really surprised that they beat the Canadians tho. However the training program here kind of dies down after May. Its hard to keep training.

7. harimau

harimau Regular Member

Well, one thing u have to realize is that Canada always send their U17 team to play the Panam JR Team event while all others Teams are sending their U19 teams except with Mexico due to lacks of players their team are actually consisted of some U13, U15 players as well.

So i think if USA were to come up against PERU, i think USA will also beat CANADIAN team as well.

8. Eurasian =--(O)

I thought it was a U17 competition... lol . thanks for the info

Avish Makol from Canada is going to finish top 4 or win the individual U19 BS.

#8 Eurasian =--(O), Jul 19, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Nothing to against our own team. However, our TC/UC teams are lack of depth, plus playing mult. events might effect their stamina a bit. If we are talking about TC/UC #3 singles or even backups from the power houses, sure, I will agree with your concern. Sad but true, we need more young talents to keep up with good work, to be a serious contender.

10. harimau

harimau Regular Member

Hei Eurasian,
    What nationality is Avish Makol ? I mean what race is he ? Is he an Indian origin ? I notice that he is the best U17 BS from the western Canada. ANd Martin Giuffre is like rank no 2 in that region. I have personally seen Martin play 3 years ago in the tournament i ran. I know he has the potential to become an excellent player. His sister Adriana used to pair up with my daughter when they attended my tournament.

11. Eurasian =--(O)

Hey, Avish is East Indian. He came to the training center in September. Are you talking about the Manhattan Beach International? I've played in that a couple times :D. Basically its like this Avish = skill, anticipation, intelligence
    Martin = athletic, tactical