2007 Sudirman Cup - Day 7 - Sunday - FINALS

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2007' started by kwun, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Why is that there's no 3rd-4th placing tie (KOR-ENG) and yet there was a 5th-6th one (DEN-MAS)?

2. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

Brave prediction, Hau-ge. In reality, the chance are not stack in INA's favours. Chn will win easily. The already have 2 points in the bag (WS & WD). And they only have to hunt down 1 point, from 3 options (WR-1: LinDan, WR-1:Fu/Cai, and obviously World best XD pair: Gao/Zheng). Fu & Cai are playing very well, they are awesome in almost all aspects of their game... and I don't see how they will falter at this stage.

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design

I just said that you will never know that this INA MD can beat Fu/Cai or not...actuallly I did not make the prediction..Fu/Cai never plays Candra/Kido as a pair and Flandy/Vita never meets Gao/Zheng as well..if I am not wrong...I know INA's chance is slim..never say that INA wil win...;)

4. armortecfans

armortecfans Regular Member

I just saw the schedule in www.tournamentsoftware.com that Lin Dan is still fielded to face Taufik Hidayat. I really hope to see this match, although it seems unlikely that the score will be 2-2. But, let see how Indonesia could performs today and I hope that their best fight yesterday against England is not their peak performance so that we will not see anticlimacs for Indonesia today.

The match will start at 1.00 pm Scotland time. Will CCTV5 broadcast it?

5. bcmmgr

bcmmgr Regular Member

Some how I still prefer Indonesia to WIN, cause

1>. IS not healthy if China keep win all tournament, need to balance out abit.
    2>. Sometime China's team (some players/coachs) are too proud.

6. Jofianty

Jofianty Regular Member

I hate to say this, but i think China would take the Sudirman Cup AGAIN.
    chance 4 indo's team to win is only 30% :(

7. byelnats

byelnats Regular Member

Hey hey guys...just a thought here. A lot of people are saying that Nova is the weakest link in the partnership, right? Why don't they field Flandy and Butet. Flandy has a stronger smash than Nova...courtesy of playing doubles almost all his life.

Anyway, Indonesia's managers always come up with surprise pairing. So we may even see Flandy/Greysiaa. I think Rizal is too young to be given the responsibility to play in the final.

8. armortecfans

I agree with you, bcmmgr. But, what else can we say? China is too strong now. And as Jofianty said, Indonesia has a slim chance to win. I hope that Indonesia and other countries could develop their badminton like China, so that the competition will be more interesting.

9. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    quite disappointed about the Lineups for SC Final.. Does any 1 know who decide this? why does it completely diff with SF's?
    Based on this match set-ups, CHN will take this with a 3-0 win . That meants the whole badminton mad fans doesnt got the chances to see the great MS match between TOP Two Badmintion Legends. What a shame for this SC !

10. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    3-0 or 3-1.
    ZHENG Bo/GAO Ling VS Flandy Limpele/Marissa Vita
    CAI Yun/FU Haifeng VS Markis Kido/Wijaya Candra :51% to 49%
    ZHANG Ning VS Firdasari Adriyanti
    YANG Wei/ZHAO Tingting VS Polii Greysia/Marissa Vita
    LIN Dan VS Taufik Hidayat :no match!!!!!!

11. armortecfans

Don't be pessimistic, my friend. I think, Indonesia put Flandy/Vita, simply just because Nova/Lilyana is still not showing their best yet. And Candra/Markis, since they played well against England, I think that is the reason underlying the decision. Although, I still question myself, why don't they put back Markis/Hendra against Cai/Fu. The chance is also big for them to win.

Anyway, let see. I think, the coach should know better who should be fielded.

One thing I still don't understand, why the order is XD - MD - WS - WD - MS, this is so unusual. Who has decided this?

12. LI De Quan

student
    The line-up shoud be like this:
    MX,MS,WD,MD,WS

13. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I would love to see INDO emerged as new SC champions; however that just couldnt be in this case...
    Chandra is one of my fav player; but bear in mind that the INDO scratch MD is just playing the first competiton match together.. Even if FHF/CY meets them up yesterday; the CHN also will lose that match to INA MD.
    this is becoz the Chinese always study the video of their opponents' match. so they wont be able to read KIDO/Chandras game's plan..
    But this time i fink CHN Doubles coach XXD will be ready coz he is among the spectacular who witnessing the match between INA & ENG Pairs yesterday.
    Furthermore; FHF/CY was in smashing form. No pair in this world would able stop them at the moments. I predicted this game will go into rubber set. With INDO taking the first . Then CHN wrap it off in the remaining two sets.

14. LI De Quan

student
    Wijaya Candra , not Chandra.

15. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    with such a line up, CHN will win 3-0 for my prediction...
    no more LD - Taufik showdown...
    wat a dissapointment...

16. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Its completely bullcrap to say that FHF/CY would definitely lose their first match to any 'pretty good' new pairing that they haven't seen before.
    If they can only win by studying video replays then that must mean they can win through superior tactics and not in actual skill?
    Well the other teams can study just as hard as them and still lose, is it that the other pairs are as good on the field just useless in creating good tactics pre-game?

17. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

Agree with you.
    They (the nationalists) especially LYB dislike the US but they act like they are american......

18. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    yes.. the CHN teams are too arogant. Always cant lose. I like TH quoted : "IF CHN couldnt manage to Win ALL 5 golds in Beijing 2008. Then LYB's head will be chopped

19. LI De Quan

student
    NO,no,no,no,no,no,no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    there is some misunderstanding here,I think .

20. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    FHF/CY did have some BAD records losing against newly forge combination.. Especially frm Doubles Powerhorse : MAS/ KOR / INA before..
    Looks at how they failed against KKK/TBH tripple times before they eventually went back CHN & study all the MAS pair tricks then manage to beat them twice in a rolls.