2011 China Masters: Finals on Sunday 18-September

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei GP Gold / China Masters 2011' started by chris-ccc, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks for correcting me, you're right, Changzhou is in Jiangsu province. Also I wasn't aware JYJ was borne in Changzhou itself; should have guessed from the crowd support, the banners, posters, etc.

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yup, saw the posters too and was surprised with the support.

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Thin air turned into thick air?

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

ROFL! :D "Acclimatised"

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Couldn't wait to avoid the results/scores before BWF finally has the MD match up so I guess the WS retirement only happened at 8-5 ... The way it was described here sounded like it was 2-0 or something :D

6. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    It was reported that Morten Frost has recently taken up a full-time job in a financial entity and is unlikely to have the time to commentate on badminton tournaments.
    What a pity as he is really knowledgeable.

7. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    My hats off to JJS/LYD for their win in China's backyard.
    This is especially gratifying in view of the difficult situation prevailing in China-sponsored tournaments where you have biased umpiring and duboius line-calls at crucial moments of matches.
    The Koreans thoroughly deserve their win.
    :D:D:D:D:D

8. Chayady

Chayady Regular Member

May I know how many time you used this excuse? Don't you feel ashame?Don't you think it is un-sportive?

9. laonong

laonong Regular Member

The best Chinese commentator should be Zhaojianhua.

10. lucida

lucida Regular Member

Student
    How is it not supportive? To think for those involved is a shame? Pi Hongyan had the exactly same injury not too long ago. And don't you know about Du Jing? When I take an example, I take the most prominent one. Aside of badminton, do you know the story of Liu Xiang, the 110m hurdle Olympic Champion? He keeps training regardless of his ankle injury and at the Beijing Olypics he could barely walk.
    Why those things keep happening and happen to Chinese/former Chinese players so often? Because they push themselves so hard. When they try their best, people criticise them for being "unscientific" and unprofessional. But when they try to take it easy, people criticise them for being timid or unhonest. That's how people or "public opinion" works. You just can't satisfy everybody.

#390 lucida, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  11. icecoldcoke

icecoldcoke Regular Member

Chen Long won Chen Jin!!Straight games!!

12. Chayady

Chayady Regular Member

Just checking whether you have born when this thing happened:http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=416666Any comment from you? :p

13. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

the page no longer exists

14. lucida

lucida Regular Member

Student
    Acturally I know your story pretty well and I know a lot other dirty things, but these are not the points.
    Firstly you can't blame somebody for what their teammates or coaches have done. It's a badminton team, not a football team. And secondly, it's a team sport anyway. As long as it has those flawed rules and doesn't turn into a personal sport like tennis, these things will happen. People from other countries should not be too confident. If their teams have that postion their leaders will probably do it, while may not as frank as LYB to admit it. And lastly, it is offen hard to distinguish matchfixing and mere passive play. Sometimes a player has so many thoughts that he can't play straight.
    Walkovers and retirements are disappointing. But that is an aspect of professional sports. Look at the US Open this time, at least 14 single players retired, and many others gave walkovers. People want to obey the rules, but at the same time, people want to get profits. What we need is better administration and better rules. To lift the douts of audience, BWF should make some more pratical rules, like deducing the prize money or points for retirement, giving Olympic qualifications by their total points, or even better, like World Cup, just give China 3 seats anyway.
    No matter acting or not, Yu and Wang wanted to win this match. They don't want lose to some 'nameless' youngsters and get their winning record damaged. Is it a conspiracy of LYB or just disbelief on the situation doesn't matter. What matters is you guys have some serious issues.

#394 lucida, Sep 18, 2011
  15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

#395 demolidor, Sep 18, 2011
  16. Chayady

Chayady Regular Member

So, is it sportive (not supportive)?Is that the spirit of sport?Tell that to Zou Mi who move out from china.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Long may be poised to takeover Lee CW and Lin Dan sometime in the near future; hoped I didn't speak too soon. There are other new, upcoming players to watch out for as well, all of us should have a few names in mind.

Chen Long should be a top contender, esp after watching his last match against Lee CW - it was a good fight with CL almost matching Lee in all compartments, only cracking a bit towards the finishing line. But the next tournament, he was shockingly bundled out by Kevin Cordon, so most people just simply forget about his performance against Lee. Just hoping the Kevin Cordon debacle actually do him good, by strengthening his resolve, toughening his mind, make him more disciplined, and mature as an all-rounded,complete player.

You know, some lessons in life you never forget, if you don't want to be defeated by it. Time will tell.

#397 Justin L, Sep 18, 2011
  18. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I don't think what you're suggesting is the reason why Zhou Mi moved to Hong Kong to continue her badminton career rather than just retiring due to strong competition from the younger generation.

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Regarding match-fixing, I am totally against it

Thanks to all who posted to inform us what happened on Finals Day. Took some time to read the whole thread. :):):)

Regarding match-fixing, I am totally against it.

It is because I am interested in who won their titles when they played/performed their best to earn them; not who won their titles because their teammates/coaches decided for them. :eek::eek::eek:

20. renbo

renbo Regular Member

"And secondly, it's a team sport anyway. As long as it has those flawed rules and doesn't turn into a personal sport like tennis, these things will happen. People from other countries should not be too confident. If their teams have that postion their leaders will probably do it, while may not as frank as LYB to admit it. "

I do not agree. This is a cultural thing. I know in Europe this is not probable. Too much emphasis is made on individual accomplishment. Well, lets just take Denmark : they dominate bad in Europe, but we cannot see any of the European championship being fixed between Danes player, like between KJ and PG.
    Anyway, whatever excuse we give, it is still cheating to fix a match.