2011 Korea GP Gold: Tue 06-Dec to Sun 11-Dec

Discussion in 'Macau Open GP Gold / Korea GP Gold / India GP 2011' started by chris-ccc, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

C'mon,my fellow BCer, be fair to me, I wasn't the one who said Lee was robbed and even if I didn't know Lin Dan wasn't in that final match against Lee, be kind enough to simply point it to me - no need for your insinuations. Furthermore,we are talking about the players concerned and the subject of whether Lee was robbed of his title or not , nothing at all about you and me, alright? Nothing personal,OK? And my stand is one of doubt, not outright denial or opposition - an expression of disbelief until proven wrong is fair comment, a human rights entitlement. Otherwise ,why is there a hot debate about it in the thread you mentioned if everybody agreed with you? Who knows,should I have seen the replay myself, I might join you in lambasting the umpire and line judges and whoever is guilty?!

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

How about you help fund the test run out of your deep well of sympathy?BWF recently tried to introduce the skirts rule, apparently this is in line with some Paisan guy s maximization of peeping opportunities. Unfortunately, some DEN ladies got wind of it and decide to sabotage Paisan by wearing the badminton version of skorts ( they used to wear skirts before the skirts rule! )

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Relax, Bro Limsy. Over the years many die hard Jia You fans came and went. Some have totally disappeared after their idols conceded walkovers and feigned injuries with the honourably excuses for the country. C'mon, this is sport. Compete fair and square. If I am CJ, I would be unable to carry on representing the country. Please note I have nothing against CJ. Boss Chen look like a nice guy to me.

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Agree that Chen Jin seems to be a nice, hardworking guy. Like him and Lin Dan more than Chen Long.

5. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

Apparantly BFW also stands for British Woodworking Federation...anyway a bit further down the search results I found the real BWF site :D

Was you talking about this article? It makes mention of disputed line calls, including one that was overturned in Chen Jin's favour?

Sorry if I sounded a little sceptical. I've noticed since I've been a member here that there are a group of posters who like to talk up any suspected foul play by non-chinese teams as a means to legitamise the foul play (such as walkovers) by the Chinese team.

I'm sure there's 'no smoke without fire' but it would have been nice to see some video evidence of this foul play.

regards

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i like chen jin attitude on court
    try his best to win
    witness that early this year,in mo 2011

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Even if they don't walkover and actually play,how much energy do you think they would expend? A 10-mins warm-up , would that hurt their stamina in any way, I don't think so?

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I wouldn't say that I don't believe in huangkwokhau's comments. :):):)

Anyway, in my guesses, I stated that;

But I knew that the matches could be close matches.

Anyway, I have 3 incorrect guesses :eek::eek::eek:, namely;

* Sung Ji Hyun [2] (KOR) won over Han Li (PFQ) (CHN)
    * Ko S.H./Yoo Y.S. [2] (KOR) won over Jung J.S./Lee Y.D. [1] (KOR)
    * Yoo Y.S./Jang Y.N. (KOR) won over Kim K.J./Jung K.E. [7] (KOR)

:crying::crying::crying:

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    JJS didn't looked like he was playing full heartedly.

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I don't have video...PBSI had some.....anyway...if you do not believe then it is fine...you need to go to tournaments sometimes to see it yourself......to Happysachs

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

First of all, what's wrong being a Jia You fan or any type of fan as long as it's a healthy sport? I admire any good player from any nationality as clearly evident in my postings. It so happens that most of my idols are Chinese players. It also happens that I've regarded Lee CW as the 2nd greatest player of all time after Lin Dan - that makes me an ardent fan of Chong Wei too, and to a lesser extent , Taufik and Peter Gade. I take it that all the views expressed here are about badminton and the players, not about the forummers per se.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I like the way you express your balanced, well-guarded views whether you agree or disgree. A good start for a new forummer here, welcome aboard.:)

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

He had half his mind on his girlfriend. Anyway he s playing his teammates and they require the ranking points so he had to stay half focussed to lose. Why not mix loss with pleasure!

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Whole world? Don t take limsy s geography as the gold standard. In his trade, he meant Malaysia when he refers to whole world. When I say whole world, it means Singapore. It s our training. Shrinking is the business!

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Kak pj, now is wife already, since May. But yeah, who knows, JJS thinking of where to go dinner with wifey :D

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Wait, you are changing simple sugars into complex sugars. I remember once, LYB gathered his courage and decided it s time LD went solo to a tournament. But it was to tiny Thai Open 2008 where Boonsak was the only top 20 opponent. What I meant was LD could try solo in a tournament where at least five of the top 10 non-CHN players are there. Or CL or CJ can experiment with that. It s a road well-travelled by LCW.

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Oh, don t let the wifey know!

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Besides,if my would-be next round opponent needed his teammate's help to conserve his energy by conceding him a walkover, I would be flattered and my confidence boosted - it shows how highly he regarded me and afraid of me, thus, giving me a psychological edge. And, if the next day, I actually beat him, he would be even more afraid of me in future. Sounds like bravado? Come to think about it, those qualifiers who have to play two or even three matches a day and then within 8 hrs or so join the first round main draw, these are the ones my heart aches for.:cool::D

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

No worries. The spelling standard here is so high there are not enough opportunities to sharpen the alphabet mind. Or were they new INA words? By all means, pls type faster to keep us alert.

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    wow, well done by koreans for a clean sweep. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.