2012 All England SSP: Sunday 11-March Finals matches

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

People wear shoes on their chests? What is the world coming to!

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

You guys are killing me. Now I have to revisit the footage to see if:
    1) she was shoeless... or
    2) she had flat shoes... or
    3) she was flat... or
    4) she had shoes on her flat parts

3. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Is this a foot fetish :D?

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Swiss cheese anyone? ;)

5. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Errr sure but what?

:confused:!

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Yeah, they should have this display as part of the post match routine. Shows what it would take now to be consistently top MS. Make the guy fans envy and girl fans happy!

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Amazing how she triggers off a revelation of how you guys scrutinise and imagine.......let s join the party, eagle, aulia......I couldn't help noticing how good looking our four MD finalists are, in fact, they make the tennis guys look dull......but their hairstyle, especially CHN MD... And the shoelaces...

8. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

Fu needs a new hairdresser. Her idea of a trim would be to run No. 3 clippers across the sides and back and leaving the rest for next month.

9. visor

visor Regular Member

Here, I'll help you get started... :D

Now these are HARD CORE muscles! (pun intended!) :p

Din+Dan+Half-naked+picture.jpg

#829 visor, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  10. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    A pretty interpreter, indeed...

11. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    The Indonesian supporters were there, but not in sufficient enough numbers to beat the Malaysians and Chinese supporters. But they were strong enough to beat Danish supporters. Like the Danish players, the Danish supporters were more subdued in finals day.

Pics to be posted under the Memories thread.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well said. Both of them wanted to win very much, no reason or extraneous factor for either not to;in fact, with LXR rising to WR 4, it technically offers LYB another OG selection choice, much to the chagrin of the three Wangs - all the more reason for WYH to beat LXR even though WSX's position seems the most tenuous of the three. Therefore,it will be stupid of WYH 'to give" the match to LXR based on this consideration alone, besides personal glory.

The most we can say is WYH wasn't at her best, her previous 86-mins grueling match with WSX took a toll on her (but what about LXR who had played 5 more matches than her?). Also during WYH's match with LXR, I noticed she seemed bothered by something affecting the middle finger of her playing hand when she twice applied a tape over it, a graze or blister that somewhat hampered her play?

Nevertheless, I wouldn't take anything away from LXR's win, she played pretty well, albeit against a not-100% fit World No.1. At the moment, a mentally tougher WYH which she is nowadays,is,I believe, still the best;however,my favourite remains unchanged, Wang Xin.

LXR's recent outstanding performance notwithstanding, I doubt Li YB will at this stage seriously consider replacing one of the Wangs with LXR who has only just stepped up her level, and risk upsetting their intense preparation and gameplan, not least the players' morale. It will be an ill-advised move unless something unexpected crops up that warrants it.

13. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    first of all, i have to admit i don't have all of the facts and maybe some in this forum can assist.

anyway, i can't help but question the motive of LCW and the reason why anyone would first of all allow the news of one's injury to get leaked out to the press and with such specifics too (ie. shoulder or hand injury as reported by the commentator). and secondly, if the injury is serious, being somewhat silly or myopic enough to step onto court nonetheless to pit against someone in the class of LD - risking further injury to the point of self-harm.

i was told never to reveal your weakness to your opponent no matter what before a game unless you have no intention of winning it. it may also be misconstrued by others as being disrespectful to the opponent or even mocking at the opponent (but then maybe i'm being too harsh here).

when chen jin was injured before his game with kenichi tago in the semi-final of the malaysia open in jan 2012, no one knew about it at all - i mean it was like highly classified, wasn't it? to such an extent that everyone was completely thrown off guard when he had to retire at 3-2 in G1.

i guess it can only be that the injury is not serious at all - probably slight discomfort or stiffness at most - but the huge expectation from the fans, country & sponsors was too much for LCW to walk away. still, absolutely no reason for the press to know about it before the game unless LCW is insecure maybe or has such a huge badminton ego to protect.

kudos to LCW for his spirit but can't say the same for his overall strategy. :)

14. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    anyway, it was great to see LD not over-enthusiastic or over-celebrating over such a win (i know the danes for example would be jumping for joy); to see the 2 great players exchanging tops; and the 2 chinese coaches walking over to LCW to talk to him and expressing concern on his injury. that's a scene of true sportsmanship from player to coach.

15. fauci

fauci Regular Member

That's almost like a plastic face, and every plastic face looks the same!

go and search for pics of some real good looking Chinese women

16. fauci

fauci Regular Member

Maybe it was also a strategy to see how Lin Dan would react. Lin Dan's normal rhythm was totally broken by the unexpected change of LCW's play. Remember the match between Sun Jun and Peter Rasmussen? Sun Jun was limping but he almost won the match.

17. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I guess the culture difference is at fault here! In Malaysia, everybody is outspoken from coaching staff to players, there's no system or curfew about what not to say and if you notice, all parties involve are so eager to be the first one to break the news to the press, good or bad is up to us to interpret.
    I don't think CW injury is that serious but certainly should be caution not to worsen it hence the withdrawal from game 2. CW did mention he did not want to disappoint the fan but I think that's fine as long as he knows when to stop. I think CW did a well in handling the situation, played a close 1st match and withdrew the 2nd when needed, as a fan, I certainly appreciate his feeling for us.

18. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

At least, we (watching live stream or fans at the stadium) still have had the chance to watch a complete G1, rather than just a few points. If he had withdrew just after a few points, I think, that would be a great disappointment for the fans esp those who purposely bought the ticket to go to the AE finals. Then.....may be.......the response from the upsetting fans might be quite different -- rather than still cheering for his name, they would boo or even throw water bottles.............LOL :p:D

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    imho, LD didn't overjoy when LCW decides to retire from the match because:

- he was suprised. his expression was a bit of a surprise. obviously he is aware of what is bothering LCW, whether from media report or from LCW's multiple medical attentions during the match. but like us, LD isn't aware of how serious the injury was. afterall, the 1st game was played pretty hard and the score was close.
    - he was disappointed. being surprised, and never have the chance to play the match until the end is going to be a disappointment for the winner. any worthy competitor will want to win a match fairly and on equal competitive ground. it is much more worthwhile that way
    - it is unsportmanship to celebrate at your opponent's injury. afterall, competitors should only be competitors on court and be human being after the match is ended. and this can be seen in LD's interview where he wishes LCW a speedy recovery (despite how the translator completely botched up the translation...)

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    and i think i can, on behalf of the rest of BC, wish Lee Chong Wei and speedy recovery. so we can see him back to 100% and let us watch more display of his skills and all the excellent matches to come.