2012 London Olympics Day 4 (Tuesday 31st July)

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by kwun, Jul 30, 2012.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I'll let my hair grow slightly longer then we shall contact the BWF in the morning ;)

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    why would that be bad? they deserves it.

and now the other country's pairs gets to play.

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    On a side note it was nice to see that Cai/Fu didn't fall into the abyss, trying to help their compatriots Chai/Guo to have a mdela chance!!

4. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

How quickly do you grow hair :eek:!

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

don't forget the JPN thrown their last match to avoid the Chinese as well

6. speedyambarish

speedyambarish Regular Member

I don't think they could have helped Chai/Guo even if they wanted to.
    Besides, they want the Gold very badly after losing out in 2008.

7. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    Dude... With all due respect, your explanation, although correct for the most part, just sounded lame. I dont mean to offend you but seems like you are a Fan trying defend the Chinese team's actions on the court.... Nobody here is contesting on the fact whether their actions on court were technically correct or not. It is crystal clear that they played like that, on the pretext of saving energy, to have an all-chinese final. And this rant of mine goes to the Indonesians and Koreans as well.... Everybody is aware where the "plot of this film" is leading to... Saving energy my A**... And its not their DISCRETION to play this way... if they really do feel that way then let them go exercise their "DISCRETION" in their own countries and not in the OG. BWF should be blamed for this whole fiasco for their incompetence in containing China and other countries which now have started playing this ugly game. Once and for all, BWF should grow some balls and show who is the real boss by disqualifying all the doubles' teams involved in this. Referee's job is to supervise that the game is played fair and square not only technically but also ethically.... They did play it correct technically but not ethically which why he had to intervene... He did what he was supposed to do and you are dead wrong when you say that he can't come on to court and tell the players how to play....

Finally, coming to Niluka's win over Tago.... Everyone's logic is in place and people here have the ability to draw their conclusions no matter how expertly you try to put it.

8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yupper.. But I don't think they should replace the pairs.. the WDs dragout the timeschdule to much as it is anyway.. so a few less matches in WD would not hurt.. Give Tago, Hurskainen, Ouseph and Ville LÃ¥ng a second Chance instead :)

9. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    I really don't know ...but didn't the japanese pair also lost for avoiding the chinese pair....

10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Haha, not as quick as I made it out :p

11. HappySachs

Yep, that'd work and these current problems should have been forseen.

Even with such a system I still can't see a fix to the walkover problem should same country pairs meet in the quarters. Really the root of the problem is the control national associations have over the players...

12. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Why ban the Koreans, they did the right thing in the end, they won both matches?? They did enough to win, good energy saving tactics but they still won. Understandable if they were put off by opposition.

13. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It takes two to tango.. If the Koreans would have played all out they would have my full respect. I agree with you that the explanation "to save energy" is ridicilous. You don't have to miss on purpose to save energy.. You only have to do that if you WANT to loose and the opponent is trying ALSO TO LOOSE!!

All four teams lost my respect. Trying to loose just becuase you dont want to be drawn against the chineese players are just as bad as trying to loos to not face your team-mates before final imop.

But honestly I am more dissapointed in the organizers coming up with the insane idea to have a predictable draw in the playoffs based on the group-placement!! The system was essentailly made for this to happen.. So even if I am dissapointed in the teams and think they should all be disqualified.. Lets snot forget that the RULES are set by BWF/IOC and they SHOULD have forseen these kinds of scenarios.. It is really embarrasing that they seem to be taken of guard by all this.

But anyway, who am I joking? Who cares about WD anyway??? :-D

14. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

five!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. HappySachs

I would love to see the AUS ladies in the quaters, their attitude was amazing throughout the tournament, gave it 100% every point.

#975 HappySachs, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  16. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    This issue has spiraled out of control already. And we know that Chinese are in the line of fire. So do the Indonesians and Koreans but not as much as the Chinese. Does anyone think that this can spell doom for LYB? China, as we know is very prideful and it will do anything to protect it pride. We all know whose brain was working behind all this. Does any think that he may get fired or atleast reprimanded for this by the Chinese Government?

17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Did you look at the games? They didn't try to win.. They also tried to loose, just that they didn't try just as hard to loose!! Just because they "lost the loosing" doesn't give them any higher moral points.. They deliberatley lost points, and that was blatantly obvious, so they should also be disqualified.. If you can't even make it look like you are trying to play the game, then you are also part of the problem and should be disqualified, imop.

18. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    Just have one qualifier per country, may not be the strongest tournament but it has the added benefit of solving the walk-over situation during an Olympic year and no match fixing.

19. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

well, 2 can still work as long as they place them in different halves as in singles, and only the winner of the group go thro'

20. HappySachs

Yep, this would work nicely