Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by aulia, Aug 1, 2012.
CSC shoved out!
Ratchanok edged out!
I am seriously in depression!
What a gentlemen and great guy, well done peter
Yes, that's right. I still don't understand why everyone keeps blaming China for this. Chinese WD, the coaches, and those big bosses at CBA are innocent! They didn't do anything wrong at all.
Attacking them for this scandal in the holy guise of 'sportsmanship' is childish, a sign of jealously.
Me too, mine started when both non CHN pair lost in the XD.
Lee hyundai deserve a medal, hope it's a silver
That was LCW tribute to Taufik on the latter's retirement.
Quick impressions on the evening matches..
..a few quick thoughts on the evening matches:
- LD vs. Sho Sasaki - Arguably the best match of the session. With both players going all out & giving their best effort (although i must say LD probably only gave 65-70% effort here). Loved the lunges and dives provided by both players, esp. LD's dive for the winning pt (everyone thought the smash by Sho was in).
LD, i thought, should've won in straight games; just a few uneforced errors by him allowed Sho to provide the fans with something to cheer.
- CL vs. PG - Chen Long played a very consistent and patient game. Not much errors or give away pts to Gade.
- LCW vs. KP - Closer 1st game, but Kashyap just couldn't keep up in the 2nd game.
- LHI vs. CJ - A slow paced match. CJ had to be treated for a bloody knee in the 2nd game (that was the 3rd time i've watched a session and a player got injured~ i think i should not come to the venue again and watch). That might've affected him as after that, CJ avoided landing on his right knee everytime he tried to lunge/dive to retrieve a shuttle. It stayed close in the 2nd game overall but LHI played a less-error match.
- RUS vs. CHN (WD) - Tian Q & Zhao YL started slow but revved up in the latter half of the 1st game. From there on til the end, the RUS just couldn't muster any inspiration to fight.
- CAN vs. JPN (WD) - It was a close 1st half of 1st game but i left as the 2nd half of the 1st game started. I thought both pairs are even-steven....I would say CHN will most likely win the WD Gold..
I spoke with 1 of the INA staffers on the last day of the badminton event & he told me, the reason or "excuse" for why LN & TA lost their SF match was because there was just a lot of pressure being put on them as the last remaining representatives for INA~The thought and burden from their WD being DQ'ed played a bit of toll on their mental state..But even then, the person told me, if LN & TA were to play a rubber game vs. CHN, most likely the INA pair wouldn't win as he felt LN wouldn't have the energy to last that long. If they were going to win, it has to be in straight games..