2013 INDIA Open SS : Qualification to FINAL Round (23rd-28th April 2013)

Discussion in 'India / Malaysia Open 2013' started by CLELY, Apr 22, 2013.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    India has 7 MS, 5 WS, 3 MD, 1 WD, 4 XD in Round of 16.. Good sign of improvement.. :).. Lots of results are infact quite opposite.

K.Srikanth has beaten JOJ .. Good result for this 19 year old..

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Disappointed with Simon Santoso and Tommy Sugiarto :(
    Bellaetrix Manuputty also has yet to impress in WS. She should switch to doubles.

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    She is a very good singles player actually.. She has techniques but she is little bit slow.. Hence the consequences.. Generally, in order to play top 10 players, they need to be fast enough with varieties in the strokes.. That will give them success. This is my humble opinion. Even Saina said in the interview before her match with Ballaetrix that she is an excellent player and she need to be careful while playing her .. I have seen her match today against saina. She is good but little bit sluggish compared to saina. That's all..

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    2 quarterfinals are assured to india .

Tomorrow k.srikanth vs R.M.V.Gurusaidutt and Arundhati pantawane vs Neha Pandit will give 2 quarterfinal berth to India.

My prediction goes to

K.Srikanth and Arundhathi pantawane..

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    With the numbers of Indians in the draw, if they hadn't got that many people in, it would be a disaster of national proportions.

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Kashyap simply blows it big time in the defining moment:rolleyes:

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Thank God the organizer rearranged the order of play in a proper system for 2moro's 2nd round match. Today schedule and order of play on tournamentsoftware was a big mess.. Even players themselves dunno what time they should play as they also rely on tournamentsoftware.

8. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I was kinda expecting this result. K. Srikanth has a potential to surprise many. I was also expecting Kashyap going down to Taufik. Taufik has a good record in India and I always feel Kasyap is overrated considering his ranking. There are other better players in India than Kashyap. Personally I prefer Gurusaidutt, K Srikanth, Saurabh Varma, HS Prannoy and even Sai Praneeth over Kashyap.

Guru also had a decent win against Tommy. So did H S Prannoy.

Great to see Rutvika Shivani stretching Mitani to 20-22 in second game. She has a great potential.

PV vs Sun Yu will be tough. And yes, junior Chinese players are much better than the ranking suggest.

Saili Rane, Tanvi Lad and Arundhati are improving but I dont see them becoming international superstars. Rutvika Shivani and Rituparna Das can match Sindhu in couple of years.

MD need to improve though. Akshay Devalkar/Pranav Chopra, Tarun Kona/ Arun Vishnu can cause sporadic surprises but are no match to top international players. Same with XD. And I dont see Aparna Balan / Pradnya Gadre pair working as it was earlier with Jwala Gutta.

Anand Pawar causes good upsets every now and then but doesnt progress beyond few initial rounds. He needs to be more consistent. So does Ajay Jayaram. I used to be Ajay Jayaram's fan. Not anymore.

Today - I am expecting Prannoy beat Taufik, though it wont be easy. Would be good for Pranoy's confidence if he manages it.

Saurabh Vs Tago could go either way, Varma having home crowd advantage.

Anand Pawar Vs Yun Hu will be interesting but Yun Hu should crack it.

I woundnt be surprised if Ajay Jayaram wins or loses against Rumbaka. He is not consistent.

K.Srikanth Vs GSD will be my fav match. I wouldnt mind either winning but I am a bit biased towards KS as he is younger.

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    The curry must be agreeing with Taufik! :D

Sindhu needs to find that consistency soon, enough messing around. She needs to show some ruthlessness and focus.

Pity that lovely Bella had to leave so soon. :( I think she has huge potential, just need to work on strength and some more technique. She sure has the mindset for a top-level player. And a little backhand won't harm, either... ;)

Ajay Jayaram. Will this be his big tournament after a completely forgettable period? I hope so. I still believe he is the best player from out if India in a long while...

...just like Kenichi Tago for Japan. These guys really need to step up to the plate before time catches up with them! :crying:

10. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    I guess you missed Manu Attri/Sumeet Reddy. In my opinion, they will be the best MD players from India in another 3 years time. I am betting big on them. You are spot on when you say Kashyap is overrated. Not a bad player but just overrated.

Pranoy, Sai Praneth, Srikanth and the Verma brothers are ones I think will lead the Indian MS. I don't expect much from Guru, Anand and Ajay.

11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    As i said earlier, i found the same coming from Saina as well. She said in the post match interview about her victory over Ballaetrix. Here is the tidbits of it.

"She is a very talented player and has good strokes. She could be really tricky at times but has good court coverage also. But she was very slow on the court so that gave me enough time to get ready to play the cross court shots,"

"In the second game, she tried to give me a fight. But she got tired by the end of it,"

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Haven't seen any of Bobby/Nadie's matches recently, but apparently they are rediscovering their form... what are the chances of their taking the XD title here?

Oh, hang on! There's Joachim/Christinna! Scratch that.... :(

Ajay v/s Dino should be a thriller. The graphs of both players have been skidding downwards, and they're evenly matched right now. Whose shoulders are gonna droop first?

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Oooooo, so quiet here when Sindhu is playing :p

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Every one is very busy -praying....
    (to rhyme with the above)

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Well it was a close one but Sun Yu edges out Sindhu 21-19 in G1

16. Butet holic

Butet holic Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone.. :) any link streaming for court 4?

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

There was a link earlier in this thread but I found it too laggy so gave up on it. But not on court 4

Love your member name though :D

18. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    Oh my goodnes Sindhu Level it up, and leadeng 19-18 in the 2nd game, she was down 13-18 if not mistaken

19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

It's really close one, one game all as Sindhu grabbed second set, 21-19.

20. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Identical score exchaned in the first two games for both these younsters.... come on! show in the rubber who has got more power!!