2013 Wang Lao Ji BWF World Championships : Day 5 (9th August 2013) - QUARTERFINALS

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by CLELY, Aug 8, 2013.

1. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    morten frost had always mentioned when commentating that mathias boe is the weak link due to his forehand defense...definite huge improvement. they might just make the final, they did not play their best today but they have an impressive record against korean pairs.

2. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    danes won 21-17

3. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    agree....i don't mind shouting to motivate oneself. i believe WSX shrieks for the same reason but her shrieks are ear piercing. i also dislike players that gesture and stare ala Cai Yun...BoMo do that too but Cai Yun annoys me more.

4. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    At least badminton players shriek or shout after every point. It's still much better than the female tennis players doing that every time they hit the ball. I wish it won't happen in badminton.

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i love watching all the Danes play except BoMo, their mental midget-ness is quite annoying. really wish Gade was still playing!!!
    anyway, disappointing game by CL in my opinion, i thought CL could have played better, push himself toward the limits.
    i am also glad to see that the japanese pair who played CY/FHF played really well, very quick at the net even tho they lost. that was a great game!!!

6. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    i guess every shot in tennis is almost like smashing in badminton...takes power...in women's tennis they grunt lol

7. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

I've noticed a trend that since 2008 in wc and olympics, who ever beats Saina, lost in the very next match.
    In 2008, sn lost to MKY, who lost to ZN in next round
    In 2009, sn lost to WL , who lost in semis
    IN 2010, sn lost to WSX..who lost in next round to WX
    In 2011, sn lost to WX, who lost in next round to WYH
    In 2012, sn lost to WYH, who lost in next round to LXL
    It will be intresting to see if YJB breaks the trend this time

8. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Hahaha!!! a gift away/parting gift win from LD to LCW? I have 4 and I will let you get this one before you also retire. How is that?

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    There is no need to remind us Saina repeatedly lost.

10. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Everyone repeatedly loses, unless you win an incredible amount of tournaments.

11. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Many results have been as expected, but quite a few upsets and suprising results again:

WD: Koreans won over Indonesians, that was a little suprising (inform Ina pair was may favourite there), as well as the win of Danes Juhl/Pedersen. Let´s see if one of the two pairs can prevent an all-chinese final
    WS: Marin vs. Inthanon was a very long and good match. Good to see Inthanon come through. Sindhu upseted WSX even though most expected it. Biggest suprise was for sure the defeat of SN by Bae. Looks like LX will win this WC, but I count on Inthanon to stop her ;)
    MS: LD, LIN DAN love to see him coming through. LCW destroyed Tommy what kinda suprised me (the way he won). Unfortunatly JOJ lost to Nguyen. Once more a three seter. Everything is ready for the most thrilling final between LCW vs LD!!!!!!!
    MD: The big older names are still in. Bo/Mo, Cai/Fu and Setiawan (with Ahsan).
    Cai/Fu played so well today. I didn´t thought they can make to the SF. Koo/Tan as usual, once again so sad, but you could have seen they tried everything, were motivated, but their time is over.
    I would like to see Kim/Kim vs. Ahsan/Setiawan in the final. Otherwise we could see super short rallies :/ MA/HS are big favourites imho.
    MX: Everyhting as expected. Only Shin/Eom upseted the draw. Their journey should end tomorrow (what i don´t hope ;) )
    Rooting for Tantowi/Lilyiana in the other SF.

12. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

True but at least she always reaches the quarters at the least and only once have won a medal in 2012. But i think sixth time, the person who beat her will loose in the next round as LXR looks in very fine form and has a good chance of winning the tournament

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Amazing after 34 pages that there is still a discussion on shrieking. All I care about is my ears won't have to endure it in the SF, esp with WSX gone.

Well done Rat, a bit of a blip in G2 but you are on course to fulfill your destiny.

For me, no surprise with Sindhu beating WSX. The CHN shrieker has been flattering to deceive for a long time. Sindhu is the real deal.

LCW v Tommy... WTF?? I am puzzled with the lack of fight from Tommy. Very disappointing. Expect DuPY to drag the SF out as long as possible. Team orders.

LD and his perfect hair (not one out of place) took out a rather subdued CL. Hardly a smash in anger from the Dragon. LD will devour NTM in quick time.

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    The live streams were so bad last night, I spent most of my time trying to connect! :(
    Anger and Frustration won the day here. :crying:

So, Chen Long lost his mojo, eh? Maybe its just the law of averages...

Heartening to see Kashyap keep pace with DPY; it shows his stamina and conditioning has improved considerably and his asthmatic condition isn't bothering him right now.

Sindhu.... I won't say anything and hex her run! :p

May... ditto!

LXR is as LXR does - express coming through, clear the tracks!

15. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    Can't wait to see PV Sindhu play Inthanon, I am sure it will be a fantastic game and
    who ever win will give LX a good fight.

Can't blame Tommy, the Dato was simply out of this world and his heavenly
    performance have changed my opinion, he will be crown world champion for once.
    DuPy will be given a badminton lesson just like WZM and TS.

As I mentioned earlier, LYB decided CL to lose in straight games as LD is the inform
    player to take on the devastating LCW.
    NTM will fight tooth and nail vs LD version 2.0 and will get more points as LD no
    longer go for quick kills.

16. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    After LD and LCW retires, I am afraid we will be going through a period of boring MS games with
    robot like players such as CL, WZM. DuPy, TS etc.

17. fauci

fauci Regular Member

I think Du's problem is he's always a fraction of a second slower in executing his attacks.

18. fauci

fauci Regular Member

Robots? Do you play badminton at all? I wish I could turn myself into a robot like these guys...

Go and watch them in real life. These are all fantastic players. Don't glue your eyes only to the computer screen.

19. liiil

liiil Regular Member

Has anyone noticed a weird pattern yesterday: perhaps LYB ordered all 2012 Olympic gold champions to win 1/4 finals with a score 21-13, 22-20.

Male players Lin Dan and Cai/Fu obeyed and fulfilled the order precisely:

LD beat CL 21-13, 22-20
    Cai/Fu beat Endo/Hayakawa 21-13, 22-20

Li Xuerui and Zhang/Zhao only did half of the job.
    LXR beat TTY 27-25, 21-13 (didn't manage to finish at 22-20 in the 1st game)
    ZN/ZYL beat YYS/JYN 21-12, 22-20 (could give away an extra point in the 1st game to obey the order)

Only Qing Tian ignored the order and partnered with Zhao Yunlei produced an unimpressive score of 21-17, 21-17.

Any thoughts on this?

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    So, Li Yongbo started to do "Match Fixing" as well?? .. Where is BWF? ;):D