2015 Yonex Nanoray GlanZ (NR-GZ)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 13, 2015.

1. insular

insular New Member

Can someone compare glanz and nanoray 750? Both 4u.

2. Yuiibo

Yuiibo New Member

Designer
    I'm never know and try nanoray 750. I'm just try Nanoray Glanz borrowing from my friend.

I have to admit you will find glanz and nanoray 750 like compare old technology to the newer technology.

I have spoken to so many players and collectors about this racket. Nobody understands why yonex have introduced such an expensive racket which is strung to such low tensions.

But I if i were you i would consider a better racket in the Yonex range, and there are plenty of them.

You will find it nothing special with that price. I will suggest you if you still have any spare money to use nanoray 800 or 900 (3U).

Currently as a double player i'm using nanoray 900 and Duora 7. (3UG5). Both are cheaper than Glanz but still great rackets.

3. arnablompat

arnablompat New Member

engineer
    I'm playing amateur badminton at Malaysia joining local tournament frequently . A front type player with fast drive , speed movement , changing direction kind of tactical play. power smash is not my strength or preferred playing style.

i have been using this as one of my racket for the past 4-5 months with 3 time per week playing frequency . my feedback :

1. effortless for backhand - can give u extra distance , less energy .i dont know how to explained how it work, but it really give those extra yard
    2. good for defense with bigger frame , light head and faster shift of direction while defending .
    3. no compromise on smash - im not a heavy smash player but im pretty sure this racket does not reduce my smash power . in fact its easier to execute one due to bigger sweet spot and quite flexible . not going to give a smasher additional advantage but not going to take the smashing power out of you.
    4. string - i have been stringing this racket for 3 times with 27lbs . no issue .
    5. robustness - have a few knocks that worth to break a yonex racket . much more robust to V70Etune that i break twice .

recommendation :
    1. elderly and woman will be the most suitable for this racket. in fact i would say, please go get one now.
    2. beginner including man , please at least try this racket to really see the effect of more forgiving , lighter and balance racket to your defense and backhand if you are still developing those.
    3. amateur to advance player - only suitable for certain type of play like fast drive , defensive , fast direction change , front player with playing type is to conquer drive play, net play and front kill .

pootisfoib, khoa2812 and clawhammers like this.
  4. cueteachme

cueteachme Regular Member

Behold my powers of Necromancy as I raise this thread from the dead!

Got this as a gift about a month ago and while some aspects of the racket was immediately noticeable within the first games, others took me well over 3 weeks for me to confirm its the racket.

Skill level : Beginner (19 months)
    Technique : Except for slice, reverse slices, jump smash and intercepts i can do most forehand and backhand shots comfortably but unrefined at a low-moderate pacing.
    Footwork : Over reliant on reading and anticipating. Except for smash defence, my neutral footwork is mostly weak.
    Game type: Only singles.
    Prior Racket: Voltric 7, budget arcsaber, an Apacs racket.

First impressions : The racket head is HUGE. Reminds me of my dad's old hand-me-down racket back from the 1990s. It almost looks like an egg actually. There's a smooth flowy sensation when dry swinging this racket that is hard to describe. Racket noticeably wobbles from the head and the middle of the shaft when shaken with force.

Late forehands : This was a nice surprise and probably my favourite aspect of the racket saving my butt many times. I was also shocked at how easily I can late punch at near ground level from baseline to baseline with sufficient height to reset a rally i was most likely to lose.

Late forehand high lift : Much easier to perform and consistently make it land near baseline instead of short.

Late backhand cross clear: While happy that its easier to do, i am also often having too sharp of a horizontal angle, often ending up hitting out the sidelines. Safer to just straight backhand clear.

Relaxed forehand clears: This stupidly basic shot now requires focus to NOT hit it out due to how whippy the racket is. If i am too relaxed, its entirely possible to hit beyond baseline from my baseline! I now find myself unnecessarily increasing the height of my relaxed clears to compensate for the excessive power. Counterproductive.

Flat drives: Good for fast flat exchanges but dangerous when trying to catch after a too high net from opponent. Easily hits out due to power.

And now for the severe weakness of this racket for me:

Straight netplays are ridiculously difficult to play tight even when i am very early
    . I just cant modulate the height and forward motion properly with this racket. Regarding height, there is this feeling of 0-100 where i just cant find the middle ground! I end up compensating by gently cross netting instead where it feels a lot easier to make it land nice and tight near the sidelines. But this ends up being predictable. No such issues with any other racket.

Overall, an enjoyable racket and one that enhances parts of my game at an extreme price of my netplay. Do bear in mind this review is coming from a beginner, unlike most of you here I presume. :p

pootisfoib likes this.