2016 Celcom Axiata MALAYSIA Open SS Premier : Quarter Finals

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open/ Singapore Open/ China Masters 2016' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Can you back up your claim that there is such a problem and it occurs only in China ?

2. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    I believe he is talking about the umpire problem. Because SS/SSP are only required to have a minimum of 6 or 8 foreign umpires/service judges, and theoretically you would like umpires to not be presiding over matches with players from their own country, it is an issue in China because there are too many matches with Chinese players that it is impossible to not have Chinese umpires and players in the same match.

soulpx, nokh88, kwun and 1 other person like this.
  3. ronny chandra

ronny chandra Regular Member

S
    Should LD being investigated by bwf for his act today against jan o?it's ruin the game....

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Welcome aboard. I noticed your virgin post was on Lin Dan, including this one. Shows how 'enamoured' you are of him that you signed up as a member just to talk about him.

How about P V Sindhu who lost 7-21 and 8-21 in a mere 29 minutes to Intanon Ratchanok today? What actions do you recommend BWF should take against her for "not putting in her best effort" ?

5. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

Congratulations TTY! Very convincing win against the veteran WSX in two straight games after beating china n°1 LXR in the 2 round. ! The girl is on fire!
    Saina Newhal will have to dig deep if she wants to stop her! Seems a daunting task

kwun likes this.
  6. ronny chandra

ronny chandra Regular Member

LD has doing this many times since last year....

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    6-8 foreign umpire/service judges hardly covers one court if they use them all as line judges.

unfortunately, line judges are the type of officials who are less skilled and demands higher numbers than umpires. often they are filled by local badminton fans. it is not economical to fly them in from overseas.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You are dodging my question.

9. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

And he has every right to do so..

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I look forward to the day in the not distant future when Hawk-Eye or some similar technology replaces linejudges to provide us with instant accurate calls for every court.

That leaves only umpires and service judges for which I earnestly hope they are fully professional, yes, I mean paid, and accredited and certified by BWF. As for service judging, it would be much better if the subjectivity and arbitrariness is reduced to a minimum and standardised as far as possible, perhaps with the aid of technology.

11. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

The service rule should be changed to a fixed height ASAP. Then, a simple optical device can be used to call service faults without controversy.

With the advancement in technology, line call should cease to be a problem soon. High speed cameras with automated image analysis should be sufficient. There is no need for sophisticated ballistic analysis and fancy cartoons.

kelana and volcom like this.
  12. pajon

pajon New Member

SME bussiness
    There is not thing for RI to win or lose WYH. While watching the match go on you should sing " I started a joke " along with. This time may be RI,not only SF but the title. That is the only reason for RI to come across WYH. And who ever know RI' though and decision. let's enjoy what the drama go on.

#632 pajon, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  13. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I'm surprised that not many more people are thinking like you. You just need to watch the game to see that he basically threw a tantrum, especially at the end, almost in protest against the world or maybe just Malaysia Open hehe. The last two rallies were so obvious tanking - I've never seen it at this level - the body language, the lack of going for the shot etc. A lot of athletes throw tantrums all the time, but it's only "in between rallies". Rarely do we see it "during rallies". Especially not from an Olympic and All England Champion etc. Really incredible. As I said before, it just highlights how emotional Lin Dan has become with the Malaysia Open. It's the big bogey on his back, and he may never be able to shake it off.

To be honest, I hope he doesn't get any penalties for his actions - he's already "suffered" enough. But if he does, I wouldn't be surprised.

And some people take things far too seriously. But then this is what the world has become. Pathetic really.

jma97, nokh88, Maurice MJC and 3 others like this.
  14. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Interesting how only one of the two media sites reported Lin Dan's tantrum:
    english.cri.cn/12394/2016/04/08/4161s923536.htm
    www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/2016/04/08/lin-dan-blasts-court-officials-after-failing-to-set-up-showdown-with-chong-wei/

“The service judge didn’t penalise Jorgensen on several occasions although he committed service faults,” complained world No. 3 Lin Dan.

“I watched him in the second-round match on Thursday (Jorgensen beat Iskandar Zulkarnain of Malaysia 21-7, 21-16) and he pulled the same trick too.

“Maybe there are double standards against Asian players. They are also extra strict against Chinese players."

Unbelievable really. Those comments are rather uncalled for.

Maurice MJC, renbo and calumlucas like this.
  15. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Regarding service faults, I remember Lee Yong Dae getting faulted about 7-8 times in a match last year I think. Yet you didn't see him stop trying to win. That's a true sportsman. Lin Dan isn't going to win many "sportsmanship of the year awards" for his actions.

soulpx, nokh88, Maurice MJC and 3 others like this.
  16. calumlucas

calumlucas New Member

Delighted Jan beat lin dan.also lin dan very disrespectful in his comments about jan after the match.sore loser

17. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

For sure. Not one of Lin Dan's finest moments.

Maurice MJC, calumlucas and kwun like this.
  18. soami

soami Regular Member

I wonder why were the female players in last Olympics disqualified then.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

With abds like these she'll be the one to beat... :)

[​IMG]

ronny chandra and Maurice MJC like this.
  20. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I think LD has always been a sore loser. He just hate it so much! Perhaps that's why he wins so much