2016 Princess Sirivannavari THAILAND Masters : Qualifying-FINALS (8th-13th February)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Master / Syed Modo International / Thaila' started by CLELY, Feb 7, 2016.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

This is my earlier predictions. I am so happy that it all turn out to be correct.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Easier said than done, in the heat of the battle, you can't think straight, old habit dies hard.

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh [MENTION=86374]Justin L[/MENTION]

So happy to know that although ratchanok win the match today, Sun Yi has lost, I must admit that I am so proud of Sun Yu for showing such a great fight. Sun Yu to me has really improved a lot.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In this regard, I must say Wang Yihan has better court sense and play a more intelligent game than Sun Yu. Even Wang Shixian is more mature and experienced than Sun Yu in such situations.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow such a grand prize giving ceremony now.

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Another instance whereby great height is not necessarily a winner!
    The will to win is stronger.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Now then is the trophy presentation for the winners.

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

So happy to see Lee Hyun Il standing there proudly taking the medal. But at the same time I am also in tears as this old guy os the only Korea player to win a title today.

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Lee Hyun Il the whole Korea is so proud of you. Your sacrifice at such an old age is deeply appreciated.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks, Richard Kaufman, nice commentaries.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The price award ceremony is very grand.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Another miss in the finals for Sun Yu - how to stay in the fight for the Rio Olympic tickets ?

13. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

I have to agree with that. There's also an additional factor that makes Wang a better player against Ratchanok than Sun - her choice of attacking shots. Very frequently, I find that Wang is able to make use of her clears to control her game against Ratchanok and restrict Ratchanok's ability to attack.

Sun, on the other hand, played very defensive high shots that give Ratchanok chances to attack. If Sun is able to change this part, she may find winning against Ratchanok easier.

Wang Shixian, a completely opposite player of Wang Yihan deals with Ratchanok differently, which is effective as well. Sun Yu should learn from both Wangs.

14. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

A very good WS finals, thanks to both players. Sun Yu had her chances but didn't or couldn't take them. In the final analysis it is RI's wide repertoire of deceptive and attacking strokes which won the day.

15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    WSX for me is the best player under pressure currently! Last year she delivered some impossible looking performances. I remember those matches when she turned the table on SN even after trailing most of the time that was extreme specimen of impeccable will power. Yes, she still can't even smash as good as WYH but she is better prospect for the Rio atleast for me

16. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Nice results for Ahsan/Setiawan and RI!

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

IMO, it's slim chance for her to grab Rio ticket maybe Tokyo 2020.

Last match was the most exciting final, Sun Yu looked composed at decider to lead 6-1 then 10-6 while Intanon seemed fatigue but this former world champion showed her strong determination and turned the table to take command after interval. Yup, credit to both of them to present high quality match in this GP Gold tournament.

The higher-seeded finalist won the trophy except first match, China upcoming star Zheng SW/Chen QC bagged another GP Gold title at senior stage, Tian/Zhao won narrowly against Tang/Yu after both pairs won 1 game apiece in pretty comfortable fashion, at deciding game the real game was on. Lee Hyun Il proved he's still KOR's best MS to top podium after defeated Hu Yun in two tight games, just wondering KOR may call him once again for Thomas Cup Finals in Kunshan next May. Ahsan/Setiawan came back from behind as they played so sloppy and not yet wake up at game 1, after that everything went smooth for the world champion to seal the match.

BWF GP Gold will take a break but come back soon on early March in Germany, full of badminton tourneys next month :)

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Ratchanok Intanon's outfit

RI's outfit in the final against Sun Yu was refreshing, bold and smashing! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

That kind of outfit was introduced in SSP in Dubai last year. As I remember, CM, CP, KJ, RI, SN all wore similar outfit (all of Yonex sponsored players, I guess).