2016 Princess Sirivannavari THAILAND Masters : Qualifying-FINALS (8th-13th February)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Master / Syed Modo International / Thaila' started by CLELY, Feb 7, 2016.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=123108]Baddyforall[/MENTION]

I am truthfully so touched by the sacrifice of the Indian badminton players. After reading the India badminton Forum I felt sad to see that so many Indian badminton players have to fork out their own money to participate in tournaments. Not an easy task.

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=109197]Penwinack[/MENTION]

Ow it was indeed sad to hear that Saralee is forced to quit the national team due to serious injuries. I hope she recovers well.

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Just to share a bit about the MD match that I managed to watch live together with my friends while celebrating Chinese New Year yesterday last night. Actually I was busy with my New Year celebration. However my friends and I made it a point to watch the match of Choi Sol Kyu / Kim Jae Hwan live to give them a huge moral support. We thought that we will be treated to a good and exciting MD match. However, so disappointed to see the Korean MD playing so badly yesterday. Honestly we felt extremely sad throughout the whole tournament. Choi Sul Kyu keeps hitting the shuttle to the net for quite a few times. Then Kim Jae Hwan hit the shuttle out of the court a few times. To be honest the Korean MD kept attacking and played a very good attacking game.

However, both are not accurate enough, poor net play and have poor defence. They kept attacking non-stop till they run out of energy. During the second half of the second match it was so evident that both of them were already too tired to play on. Wrong strategy has been applied. They kept attacking non-stop till they have no energy left. Plus they are lots of long rallies in the match. Whenever there is a long rally the Korean MD would lose the point as they would lose focus and become impatient to finish off the rally quickly. This is indeed not a good sign.

The Malaysians MD, Koo Kien Keat / Tan Boon Heong however played a very smart and good game. From my observation both the Malaysian MD have good defence, good net play and good attacking skills. They can defend very well and manage to hit back the shuttle when the Korean MD attack them. Plus they are also very accurate at the net. The Malaysian MD attack and smashed at the right time to win points. The Korean MD on the other hand seems to have attack and smash non-stop aimlessly.

For me the most embarrassing part came when the Korean MD tried to argue with the umpire in the middle of the tournament a few times saying that the shuttle is out and they should earn the points when the Malaysia MD play. For me I just laugh it out. The Korean MD tried to earn points by saying that the shuttle is out when it is in. So funny. Due to tiredness and fatigue the Korean MD also tried to delay the match which is not a good sign either. So sad to see the Korean MD coach kept instructing and giving advises to the Korean MD during the tournament but to no avail. The Korean MD especially Kim Jae Hwan even could not hit the shuttle properly when he served and the shuttle drop before the net a few times. Oh my god. I was at a lost of speech throughout the whole tournament. I sincerely hope that both of them will practice more and improve their skills before they go for tournament.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

She won Thailand GP Gold last year and will defend her title on upcoming October (SCG Thailand Open). This is the inaugural edition of Thailand Masters.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=15311]CLELY[/MENTION]

Thanks.

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=15311]CLELY[/MENTION]

As usual thanks for your great effort in opening the thread.

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow the match have just started for all the 3 different courts. Will catch up a bit today since I miss out a lot for the pass 3 days.

8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

sorry for misunderstanding, what i made the prediction is based on the MAS players' opponents' strength as i can see especially GVS/TWK & KKK/TBH opponents (Ahsan/Setiawan & Kim duo) way too strong and very difficult to beat them...

9. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    Does anyone now where the "masters" come from? There's Indonesian, Chinese and now Thailand. But what's the origin of it?

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Whoa, just glanced at the livescore, and saw Zheng Siwei/Chen Qingchen storming their way back from 2-12 to win 22-20 in the 2nd set for a straight set victory over Ko Sung Hyun/Kim Ha Na. Amazing.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@ngk67

Okay I really understand what you mean now. Truly tough opponents indeed. Sorry too brother for misunderstanding your meaning.

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=86374]Justin L[/MENTION]

Yeah you are right. Zheng Siwei/Chen Qingchen played very well today. I didn't manage to watch this match live too. Now at my friend house. Seems like having some trouble connecting to the internet to watch the matches live. After trying finally managed to connect to court 1 match.

13. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

either that or he is trying to cast a reverse spell ... malaysian badminton fans learnt that allegedly if they say they will lose.. the team will win.. and vice versa ...hahahahah

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Managed to watch the XD match at court 1 live just now since that is the only court that we manage to connect to the internet to watch he matches live. I must admit that both the Thailand XD Puavaranukroh Dechapol / Sapsiree TAERATTANACHAI lose their match today. Both have been playing so well as unranked players and even won over 2 highly ranked XD en route to the quarterfinals. Guess today is just not their day. Both looked so disappointed after they lose every one point in the match. So sad to see their great run ended today. Anyway I must also admit that both Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying superbly well today to win the match.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=16166]pajrul[/MENTION]

Okay thanks for the clarification.

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Meanwhile it looks like tough fight now at court 3. Couldn't watch the court 3 matches live so just stare at the live scores there.

17. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Surprising to see the Malaysians winning relatively comfortably despite so many service errors and free points given by Chan Peng Soon's flick serves. But they mixed the pace very well, fast - slow - fast to throw the rhythm off their opponents.

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sincerely hope that I will be in time to watch the match of Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang later. Now going to travel around to visit friends from different houses. From time to time I will check the scores via my smart phone.

19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=4302]abedeng[/MENTION]

Thanks for the clarification. Other than some service errors from the Malaysian side, I must admit that both the Malaysian XD played very well. Both of them have good defence, net play. It is wonderful to see Chan Peng Soon ding so many high jump hard smashes from behind. The Thailand XD don't know why didn't play well today.

[MENTION=4302]abedeng[/MENTION]

For your information Thailand won the award for fair play during last year October Grand Prix Gold tournament. Hope you can keep me updated with the match scores as I will be travelling around. Thank you.

20. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Not really a surprise to me. Zheng Siwei with Li Yinhui or Chen Qingchen is a XD pair which is coming of age. The way I see it Zheng- Chen is capable of reaching the finals here.