2016 Victor Far East MALAYSIA Masters - Qualification-FINALS (19th-24th January)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Master / Syed Modo International / Thaila' started by CLELY, Jan 18, 2016.

1. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    jonaton is on top form lets see if whether he can dispose Srikanth

2. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

Indonesia has 5 MS shuttlers left.

• Simon Santoso vs Qiao Bin [CHN]

• Jonatan Christie vs K. Srikanth [2/IND]

• Tommy Sugiarto [3] vs Sai Praneeth [IND]

• Sony Dwi Kuncoro vs Ng Ka Long Angus [8/HKG]

• Anthony Sinisuka Ginting vs Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin [MAS]

Tommy, Simon and Anthony Ginting has the higher chances of winning. But hopefully Jojo may create an upset, He was playing well this morning and his last encounter with Srikanth was pretty tight.

3. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    I think SIMON , TOMMY and SONY can do it!

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Still working and it is going to be like working non stop again. Need to work long hours starting from this year everyday till late night 11 or even 12. Didn't have time to watch any badminton matches live. Long working hours. However, my friends who managed to take no pay leave to watch the matches live at the stadium updated me with the results. They said Son Wan Ho is a big flop again. This time losing to an unknown unseeded MS player Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin. Oh my god my friends all cried aloud when Sin Wan Ho lost today. They say how Son Wan Ho played badly today. Too bad.

Upon receiving the bad news I cried too. Oh no poor Son Wan Ho. :crying:

Next is my friend updated with a new comer Tan Kian Ming. My friend said this guy is a superb player, a magic. I don't know who is Tan Kian Meng. Then my friend explained he did a superb job. He played 2 matches for MD qualifying round won all his matches. Then played in 2 qualifying rounds of XD won all his matches. Then he played in the XD first round and won his match against a top ranked Indonesian XD. Oh wow amazing. He played 5 matches in a day yesterday and won all his matches.

My friends said he is a good player. At a young age, just ventured into XD and MD he won his matches convincingly. My friend said he is transformed from a MS to become a MD and XD player last year. He is too great to be true. My friend said the headline for the tournament is Tan Kian Meng will be the next big thing for Malaysia together with Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin. Congratulations.

#84 blabl, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  5. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

KKK is no longer fat

6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Srikanth defeated Jonathan in straight games convincingly with scores 21-16, 21-15

7. Baddyforall

There is an epic battle going on btw ZZ vs Hu Yun. And finally ZZ won it with 24-22 in the decider.

8. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

What?

I saw his paunch during PBL.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Akane Y retired after only a few points played at 1-3 ? Is she injured ?

10. indrg

indrg Regular Member

No Jonatan and Ihsan ... crashing out without much fighting.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Just checked the scores and then what a shock I got. Oh no not another player from Korea lose again. This time this is Jeon Hyeok Jin the most promising Korean youngster. Won't be able to watch any matches live too today as I will be working till late midnight again today. Now every day have to work till late at night except for Sunday. Guess this year I won't be able to watch any badminton matches live. Felt very sad seeing Jeon Hyeok Jin lose yesterday but then this is life. By today I guess there will be no more Korea MS left in this tournament. And it already becomes like a norm for me.

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

My friends who have the opportunity to watch the matches live at the stadium said the players are playing and performing very well to win in the tournaments. So far good progress can be seen from the China players as most of them have already advanced to the next round. Of course my friends also said that it is indeed sad to see some Korean players lose yesterday. Anyway all the beat to those players who will be playing today.

13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Same here....all 3 INA young promising MS in the national camp are already down and out. From the rest 3 independent players, SS and SDK are out and only TS remains.

#93 indrg, Jan 20, 2016
  14. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

there are still zulfadhli, soo tech zhi, iskandar, goh soon huat and chong wei trudging bravely on today for malaysia.... no prizes for correct guesses (more accurately, guess) as to who will go through today

15. Baddyforall

22 year old Subankar dey played brilliantly against Xue Song. Hope he get more sponsors to play more tournaments. So near so far. 19-21 in the decider. Wish he come out of the shadow of his established compatriots.

Currently ranked 178. BAI need to get rid of R.M.V and start supporting Subankar dey.

#95 Baddyforall, Jan 20, 2016
  16. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

the INA ms players seems play not well because of the very quiet stadium, they prefer the stadium that have a lot of people shout, cheer, play drum etc...

17. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    Malaysian players in today's matches. Youngster Tan Kian Meng (22 yrs old) will feature in MD & XD, Good job Kian Meng!!!

(MS) - Hope at least 3 to 4 Malaysian MS will qualify to Quarterfinals, it's time to shine Malaysia!!!
    1) Lee Chong Wei [1] vs Derek Wong (SGP)
    2) Zulfadli ZULKIFFLI vs Ajay Jayaram [10] (IND)
    3) SOO Teck Zhi vs Qiao Bin (CHN)
    4) GOH Soon Huat vs Ng Ka Long [8] (HKG)
    5) Iskandar Zulkarnain ZAINUDDIN vs Xue Song (CHN)

[MD] - Basically for today MD will be Malaysian vs Taiwanese, chances for all 3 pairs to qualify to Quarterfinals look good.
    1) Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong vs Lee Jhe Huei/Lee Yang (TPE)
    2) Low Juan Shen/Tan Kian Meng vs Lee Sheng Mu/Tsai Chia Hsin [8] (TPE)
    3) Goh V-Shem/Tan Wee Kiong vs LIAO Min Chun/TSENG Min Hao (TPE)

[WS] - No Malaysian representative in Round 2

[WD] - Keep on fighting Vivian & Khe Wei ;), you can do it!
    1) Vivian Kah Mun HOO/Khe Wei WOON [8] vs DU Yue/CHNLI Yinhui (CHN)

[XD] - Look like at least 2 Malaysian pairs will qualify for Quarterfinals.
    1) Wong Fai Yin/Shevon Lai vs Shin Baek Choel/CHAE Yoo Jung [5] (KOR)
    2) Tan Kian Meng/Lai Pei Jing vs Ronan Labar/Emilie Lefel (FRA)
    3) Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying [8] vs Irfan FADHILAH/Weni ANGGRAINI (INA)

#97 Espírito Santo, Jan 20, 2016
  18. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

ROUND OF 16 (12.00pm, 3 court) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=C25E58BA-9DC6-4161-B20A-16FD377EDD0D

Always dependable home hero Lee Chong Wei will be accompanied by his younger compatriots in last sixteen as fomer world junior champion Zulkiffli, Goh SH, Soo TZ and Zainuddin passed second round last night. Both Zulkiffli, Zainuddin disposed their more favoured opponent at previous round, Hu Yun and Son Wan Ho respectively. Chinese youngster Huang Yuxiang created minor upset, eliminated recent Macau Open winner Jeon Hyeok Jin and will face tough rival next, Hong Kong darkhorse Wei Nan.

Almost all eight seeded WS players progressed except 6th seed Mitani who sent packing early by Fanetri while second seed Akane Yamaguchi conceded retirement against her teammate Saena Kawakami. Two Chinese young hopeful, He BJ will challenge Bae YJ and Chen YF will up against 2015 WC bronze medalist Lindaweni Fanetri. Top-seed Sung Ji Hyun is predicted to overcome Indonesian back-up Ramadhini, another favourite P.V. Sindhu gets Japanese hurdle Imabeppu to chase quarterfinal berth.

Flopped performance by two Chinese MD here, Liu XL/Qiu ZH and Li JH/Liu YC who succumbed to their opponent in straight-sets. Two highly favourite Korean pairs, Kim GJ/Kim SR and Ko SH/Shin BC have tricky test, Hashimoto/Hirata and Indonesian upcoming combination Gideon/Sukamuljo. WD big upset was produced by Thailand pair Kititharakul/Prajongjai who stunned third seed and world #6 Jung KE/Shin SC yesterday, Japan pairs dominate second round with 5 representative.

19. indrg

indrg Regular Member

hehhehheehheeee:) MAS crowds are as quite as a mouse

20. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    It's weekday and in early rounds, wait till weekend if Malaysian players qualify for semi-finals & finals, the whole stadium will roar.

As for quiet stadium for Indo players, maybe not many Indonesian working in Penang compared to KL, thus less supports, cheering and shouting for them.