2016 YONEX ALL ENGLAND Open SSP - FINALS (13th March)

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2016' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Mar 12, 2016.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    actually, it has gotten much better. i ended up referencing it quite a bit. there are some specialized terms that it didn't get.

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Boss, you are doing great.
    I thought you could only converse in Cantonese.
    Didn't know you could read Chinese as well.

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

*was ................

4. renbo

renbo Regular Member

It will be interesting to watch again the final to see Okuhara's play with Cai Yun's analysis in mind. But the camera work is often too far, and with a too steep angle, for us to really get the subtle differences in the executions.

5. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

It is good to let the young and enthusiastic badminton fans know about badminton in the past. I wouldn’t attempt to talk down on them, questioning their age and math. Meanwhile I also would not like to post with selective dementia. It is true that Tang and Hou were beaten by Sumirat when they were already 34 in an invitational tournament in Bangkok, but wasn't Rudy at 33 also beaten by Luan Jin in the 1982 Thomas cup. In addition Hou at 32 thrashed Liem Swie King 15-8, 15-7 in the Teheran Asian games. Sumirat and Luan Jin's wins do not prove, one way or another, which of Rudy, Hou or Tang is the best of the three. However if the trio of Hou, Tang and Fang Kaixian were allowed to participate in the AE the probability of the three of them winning, between themselves, the AE 2 or 3 times between 1968 and 1976 is very high, especially when players of the same country were drawn into different groups those good old days. ( Correct me on this if I am wrong)
    As for Rudy’s eighth title the article below makes interesting reading.
    http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2009/07/19/sport-not-corruptionfree.html

6. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Thanks for sharing this article.

So,basically Rudy was handed the eighth All England. And Lin Dan could have easily won the All England in 2014 if we consider his dominance in the Asian Games that year where he swept past Lee Chong Wei and Chen Long with consummate ease but was unable to play in this competition due to Internal fight with LYB. So, this proves both Rudy Hartono and Lin Dan are equal in this competition but I will give edge to Lin Dan because of his longevity. That's all.

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

How can you be so glib as to say that Rudy was handed the eighth All England just because of a journalist s opinion.

A 20-yr old rising star playing his more experienced teammate is unlikely to win ,especially in the final. You expect CL or THW to defeat LD in their first final against him?

You can call LD the greatest, the most incredible, the most powerful, the fastest for all you want but do not degrade Rudy s Guiness record just based on a journalist s story. In any case, Rudy would have won his eighth All England, in the second final with King, if that had been necessary.

8. renbo

renbo Regular Member

One day there will be a new kid on the block, winning everything, and some young fans will praise him as the best of all time. Then an older Fox will fight them, telling stories of how great LD was...
    That will be your revenge, old timers!

9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    ^ The best post I saw in what feels like forever
    +100

10. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Perfect post.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    lol. how do you think BC managed to be around for so many years and we still have stuff to talk about? ;)

12. hezudao

hezudao Regular Member

Anti china fans still at to their antics again?