2022 TotalEnergies BWF THOMAS-UBER Cup Finals : Group Stage Match (08-11 May)

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by CLELY, May 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Ginting’s struggle is real. Pretty much reminiscent of SK’s struggles during ‘19 season- completely forgotten how to construct a point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. dr_strange

dr_strange Regular Member

Maybe she didn't want to play against TTY?

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Thomas Cup Group C, TPE & IND which are favoured to advance into knock-out phase create clean sheet in opening tie. India losing two games in overall 5-0 victory as Rankireddy/Shetty and Srikanth played rubber set against the fighter German squad meanwhile Chinese Taipei has more comfortable way to overcome Canada, only third singles that represented by 2015 World Junior Champion, Lu Chia Hung was stretched into full distance.

Thomas Cup Group A, hot favourite Indonesia has tough test to start their campaign though won 4-1. As much predicted SGP leads earlier through World Champion Loh Kean Yew who outspeeds the lacklustre Anthony Ginting in two quick games, sluggish footwork and careless shots have contributed easy point for his opponent. Next three matches, Alfian/Ardianto, Christie and Fikri/Maulana need hard effort to overcome the valiant opponents. Looks like Ginting becomes weak link for INA team with his non-stop uninspiring form.

Uber Cup Group C, the Danes edge pasts Malaysia, 3-2 and likely will pocket one spot in last eight as host THA is predicted to out as group champion. MAS led 2-1 through Pearly Tan/Thinaah and Goh JW, it's second women's doubles match to determine the winner of this tie as third singles Denmark is favoured to seal point through vast experienced Line Kjaersfeldt.

4. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Kunlavut is going to eat Heo Kwang Hee

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Team INA begins their defense of the Thomas Cup with a 4-1 victory. But tougher matches lie ahead, starting with tomorrow night's clash against Team THA. The weak-link is MS1 Anthony Sinisuka Ginting, who was beaten by Loh Kean Yew for the second time in straight-sets. Apart from a rubber-set in MD1 Fajar Alfian/Mohd Rian Ardianto, the rest are all straight-sets victories for Jonathan Christie, Shesar Hiren Rhustavito and the All-England winner who is making their debut in the Thomas Cup Finals Mohd Shohibul Fikri/Bagas Maulana.

He will face another tough match against THA's MS1 Kunlavut Vitidsarn if he is fielded again tomorrow but I doubt so. The in-form Chico Auro Dwi Cahyo may make his debut if Jonathan Christie steps up to be MS1. He has beaten Kunlavut twice (Korea Open and Swiss Open) and lost once (German Open) in 2022.

This time round, THA is including many unknown doubles players in its team and INA needs to take advantage of this to win the 2 singles and win another singles match (likely MS2). So, expect INA to perhaps field Mohd Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan in MD1 tomorrow night.

If KOR can steal a point in the singles, it may even beat THA as its 2 doubles are much stronger!

6. terrynguyen121988

You don't know much of Thailand in Thomas Cup, they can beat Kevin/Marcus at peak in Thomas Cup

7. dr_strange

Maybe she didn't want to play against TTY?

8. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

Chico is not in the team for this Thomas Cup.
    Ginting will still be a good choice for Number 1 single as Jonatan will make a very strong 2nd single and Shesar a strong 3rd single.

Jonatan has bigger chance winning as 2nd single than 1st single.

Indonesia (Or ASEAN teams) has ASEAN games that coincide with Thomas and Uber cup. That is why Indonesia is not in " full strength" especially in Uber cup when all hope is lost to win, Indonesia put all their best players to compete for ASEAN games

9. terrynguyen121988

Kunlavut was playing like Momota, his swings remind of Momota.

10. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

Why only court 4 appear on BWF YouTube channel ? I still couldn't find any links for court 1 & 2. Do I need to use VPN ? it's weird

11. terrynguyen121988

the score 21-14, 21-6, remind Momota's peak

12. dr_strange

I guess it would be a mouthwatering match to watch an encounter between Momota and Vitidsarn

13. terrynguyen121988

Kunlavut will win Momota for sure.

Momota now is just a "half-life Momota".

Kunlavut will be soon on top 1

14. dr_strange

Interesting opinion... I hope they come across within this or next tournament.

15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Why are the Indian UC WD teams shuffled up?
    Gayatri injured?
    They really created an unhill task for themselves now

16. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Is there something wrong with the flooring? I’ve seen quite a number of players slipping more than usual..

17. terrynguyen121988

Maybe Victor carpet

Victor still uses "the red one", I don't know why they designed a thing with full of sharp corners on the court.

Players can hit it, I will say again and again until they change.
    gfsdhjgdfjg4535345gfdgb112222.png

Gigabit likes this.
  18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Ginting shd quit badminton. So lousy. Sad case ;)

Msia 2nd wd lousy. Many mistakes. Wonder why they dun use lpj and shevon? Their mix experience helps. Create chances. Could have win easily.

Sack the head coach. Why all must be bam players? Shame. Bunch of clowns running bam really.

Yes victor flooring lousy. Slippery. ;)

Thebestbees likes this.
  19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

INA's Uber Cup team is obviously not its strongest and I applaud them for fielding the juniors in the singles, especially. Only the doubles are somewhat experienced. The main women's team is being sent to compete in the SEA Games 2022 which starts next week. They are aiming for 3 Golds (Women's Team, WS and WD).

The target for the Uber Cup is QF at best and the crucial match will be against Germany on Tuesday. Except for WS1 (Yvonne Li), the INA players can beat GER's.

The match against JPN will be a white-wash 0-5.

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I just saw the name list. I forgot that Chico is being sent to the SEA Games. They have Syabda Perkasa Belawa replacing him in the Thomas Cup Team. In that case, INA will stick to the original singles formation, with only perhaps Ahsan/Hendra being thrown into the mix or Kevin paired up with Ahsan as MD1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.