2023 Yonex-Sunrise India Open

Discussion in '2023 Tournaments' started by BadSmashPdx, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    @Baddie lover @nilesh123
    Some highlight reels pop up on my feed and made me even sadder, he was moving so good and such a feast on eyes :(.

nilesh123 and Baddie lover like this.
  2. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Cheer yourself up by watching India open 2015 final bw Srikanth and Axelsen :)

Anks and Sumanth99 like this.
  3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

I saw Nishimoto live today. He has the most potent attack out of any Japanese MS right now. But his game is basically trading hard punches with the opponent and lacks the court craft needed to mark a stamp on the tour. Today, Kantaphon was at his best after a very long time and his game matched perfectly with Nishimoto's swing, bang, boom, crash style. You need some craft in the mid court and some authority at the net to tame Wangcharoen and on the points he did that, he came victorious.

Wangcharoen was too proactive for Nishimoto's basic Knock out style game in the end.

Cheung likes this.
  4. browning

browning Regular Member

The camera angle for this India Open is the best I've seen since the 2010 World Champs it's fantastic. I suppose it's because there's no low level seats (which is a shame as it's always adds to the spectacle) but every BWF tournament should have this viewing angle. Saffron/yellow background looks vibrant too.

Sumanth99 and Anks like this.
  5. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Nishimoto can win, but he ............... I don't know what to say.

I feel that this is a victory of Nishimoto, he can take it into his hand, but lost it

Pcyl likes this.
  6. kingsooji

kingsooji Regular Member

Why do they stack up tournaments so closely?. Tiresome on the players and the fans don't get to witness 100% fit action either. Why can't they spread out the major games, for example give at the least 2 weeks gap between Super 1000 & Super 750.

Pcyl likes this.
  7. Pcyl

Pcyl Regular Member

Even one week gap would be good. 2 or 3 days gap is too close to rest and re-energize especially for those who played until semi finals and finals.

That's why Momota's stamina and concentration was impressive before the accident. He played to finals then after a few days, played to finals... played to finals ...

Sent from my XQ-BT52 using Tapatalk

#167 Pcyl, Jan 18, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    Gigabit likes this.
  8. sen

sen Regular Member

There are Indonesian fans who watch live and online and there are Indonesians who never watch the game but always make comments on social media

My suggestion is don't read the comments, better still don't open social media anymore like me

The fans who watch are mostly not toxic from what I experinced and most of the friends who only watch online also not toxic but yes I have met those people who never watch but like to comment

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I don’t see why they should spread it out so much. It’s up to the players to manage their own schedule. Players can tactically select which tournaments to enter.

In fact, players may not even want to spread it out so much. It’s expensive to be away from your home base training facilities for one week.

The more tournaments there are, the better it is for the game overall because greater numbers of players can participate in tournaments.

samkool likes this.
  10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Lets see if syq can give a good fight to viktor. Hope to see all seeds in qtr finals. ;)

Those in semis previous tournament will.have problem recovering. Viktor lucky to get wo fr daren in mo. fresh still. Luck. ;)

11. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    I agree with you actually this arena is very much like the one in Taiwan Open,Hong Kong Open etc and I like these stadiums where spectators seating is almost a room ceiling high which gives a great camera background of the padding on the walls and makes us the viewers focus on the game more without getting bothers to who is walking or entering in the stands.

I for some reason prefer such stadiums where court area is deeper than the seating area also good for players but bad for fans who wanna take pictures and autographs etc :p:D

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Women’s singles top half segment illustrates more talking point with fascinating component, the megastar Pusarla Sindhu got unexpected outing at home turf, ousted by the aggressive Kathethong, THA 5th ranked shuttler who disconcerted the Indian frequently based on their head to head stats. On the contrary, the struggled Nehwal display high spirited showcase to eliminate Blichfeldt in very close contest that saw former world number one comeback from behind in thrilling final game. Okuhara tasted premature exit in two consecutive weeks to meet strong contestant in very first round, this time Marin.

Some interesting MS matches that seized attention yesterday, Anthony Ginting made scary escape in tight battle to pass Lu GZ who reached career high, being one of top-10 chart in latest BWF WR update. It’s combination of Ginting inconsistency disease to drop easy point and the Chinese capability to study and read well his opponent pattern correctly. This match ended in identical scoreline, 21-19 / 19-21 / 21-19.

Lee ZJ nearly choked in second game, luckily the Malaysian could avoid the blunder to out from dire situation and got more confident to wrap up final game, Vito style of play doesn’t quite suit him. Naraoka endurance evaporates, physically tired obviously in second and third game that translated into careless shots and slow movement against Loh KY. What a bad draw for this exuberant young man to face top 8 players in back to back tournament round one, once again the absurdity to apply obsolete seeding date contribute this condition, world #6 & 7 faced off directly.

The Olympic Champion constructed unthinkable comeback, 5-14 down to win 21-19, what a big blow by Srikanth to derail such comfortable lead as his focus dispersed. The mighty Dane practically got trouble in second game, slightly inaccurate while home fave played much better, unfortunately faltered at the end. Looks like Indian players pose difficult and challenging task for Axelsen, Prannoy and Sen beat him last year.

*Taken from BWF news

“Still can’t believe I could win this match,” said Axelsen. “I didn’t feel good at all; in the second game he stepped up and suddenly locked me in. It was really surprising. However, I’m happy I managed to win in straight games. It’s not easy to come from a hot, humid country to a rather cold New Delhi, so I’m just trying to adapt in the best way possible.

“Overall, physically I haven’t recovered from last week yet; but now I have some more hours for tomorrow’s match, so I’m trying to recover in the best way possible.”

“I think overall I played well, but I couldn’t finish a few points,” said Kidambi. “Lot of positives to take from it. If you’re playing at the highest level, you should be there until you finish the game. He came back really well. After 14 or 15 in the second, it was about being there till the end, but I made too many mistakes and gave him the opportunities.”

#172 CLELY, Jan 18, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
  13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The correlation between popularity and achievement for athlete.

14. Anks

Anks Regular Member

I can confirm that its not just in India that the BWF decides not to telecast matches when they actually start but its a global thing even in thailand it will start at 1:30ish :mad:

Now I dont understand is it because they cant pay the commentators,Camera crew well or its just the way how it is...This is the first 750 tourny so we will only see if it changes in the next 750.

However,Even if the commentators,Camera crew are not available the least they could do is telecast the matches with their own cameras mounted in front of all courts...But no BWF will remain BWF aka Badminton's Worthless Federation:mad::mad:

for some reason many websites are streaming matches God knows where they are getting it from but BWF better improvise or else Badminton will continue to be mocked in the rest of the world as "Game of The Girls" / "Game of Nerds" / "Timepass Lawn Game" :mad:

BWF is the reason why Badminton is not popular...there are so many flaws from On court issues to technical Telecasting Issues...If it doesnt address them Badminton will continue to be a back burner sport.

15. r1cky_b3cks

r1cky_b3cks Regular Member

KN looks very tired. LKY up the speed to make sure he didn't catch his breath.

16. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Poor guy. Even though I dont like the style he plays, I love this guy. Kodai has changed the perspective of stamina for Men's singles players. He is so adamant even if he is worn out. His perseverance is unimaginable if he is healthy. But, he doesn't know that his game wont win him titles. At the max, he could reach finals and lose to Viktor and completely worn out in the next tournaments. His efficiency is so minimal in the long run.

17. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

why so much delay? between matches? in 3 hours only 2 matches played? very weird.

18. r1cky_b3cks

i think it started a bit late for R16.

19. r1cky_b3cks

yeah, i guess his team should have recognized this issue now and should work on something.

20. Anks

Anks Regular Member

I hope JoJo doesnt end up like his Indian cousin Srikant cause these 2 are perhaps the only two MS players who could lose any winnable match:p

And JoJo may prove my point sooner than later cause I have regretted rooting for him more than times I could count :D