7-Ten

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by wwcbro, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Kitty

Kitty Regular Member

Hehe! I won't fall asleep on a serve, but I'll bite (to test out my teeth) if anyone smashes at me! :D :p :p

2. SchrodingerCat

SchrodingerCat New Member

looking for one
    Thx for offering to sign me in, but I am a member already. Let rush to Richmond at 200+ kmh for the night snack. :D

3. SchrodingerCat

SchrodingerCat New Member

looking for one
    Are u getting teeth filling? You might accidentally let loose some of the filling during a vigorus game :D :eek:

4. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    oh, then if you don't need me to sign you in, can you sign me in?

5. SmashingBird

yes..4am, would that be too ealry for you. you have a few options:

a) play all night and eat and not have a home to return to
    b) play all night and not eat and still not have a home to return to
    c) play a little bit and return home but won't get your bang for buck worth
    d) don't play and stay home and be a good husband

so which would you choose?

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Then I guess I should get some tetanus vaccination shots now before playing against you:D. Afterall, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure:p!

#26 cappy75, Jul 10, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2004
  7. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Awesome night of baddy.

Thanks to Mr/Mrs 15Love for signing me in, and for thrashing us (me and 604badder) in the first game. Effortlessly. Yawning at times. :D

wwcbro/speed78: Sorry couldn't join you guys for late-dinner. My, uh, "significant other" permission slip for baddy expired already!

bighook: You're unstoppable. Fun games! Next time, you have to let me beat you at least one game, but make an effort of it. And next time I play with you, I need a psychological therapist on the premises to remind me that I'm actually worthy of playing the game. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You're intense, man! Some of your looks actually say, "Can I interest you in signing up for some badminton coaching?"

cappy75: No games at all with you last night :( Guess you want to preserve your Cab22, ha-ha.

I think I got a lot of games with richho last night, both against and with, too.

There was this girl there who wore a bandana in her hair like a headband. Another BF member (timeless) also had a bandana, but used like a pirate. So I offered him a shiny new CAD 2.00 coin to wear his bandana like the girl did, in a headband, but he refused! Can you believe it? Free money! *sigh*

Sorry for not being able to play with other BF members there (TTT, Kitty, Oyaji, Marky, PeteLSD ... the list goes on and on). Got stuck in a foursome here, a foursome there. Couldn't sync up too.

SmashingBird, tell me your secret man. Everytime I see you play, you have at LEAST one behind-the-back return!

wwcbro: next time, we dine! Will get my permission slip to include after-baddy dinner as well.

-dave

8. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Hey Dave,

Sorry that I didn't get a game with you. I was waiting for a friend of mine to come. When he did come, it's hard to get into a group with everybody settled. I am glad to see you again, it's been awhile. And you do know that I am only joking about the CAB22, right;)? Anyway, next time we'll play together...

Also, gotta thank Conan for coming in for a look-see all the way from Coquitlam:eek:. And I owe Kitty one for signing him in:).

#28 cappy75, Jul 11, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2004
  9. Marky

Marky Regular Member

Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Kitty, I didn't see you have problem with your teeth last night; good play instead.

10. bighook

bighook New Member

student
    Hi Everbody I enjoyed last night and putting faces to names.Thanks to 15 love for signing me in.Dave what can I say other than I will do everything but cheat to win.Apologies to wwcbro for running into that smash headfirst.Ouch!I really got to watch out for becoming a target as richho and smashingbird ran the last out of me in singles.I just knew playing 2 on 1 at cameron for 2 hours wasn't a good idea before coming out to vrc.Damn it I am getting old.I may have to take up running again.Oh well Thanks again to everyone for coming out and introducing themselves.

11. SmashingBird

It was a pretty funfilled night with lots of exciting matches

W22C: Behind the back and between the legs looks pretty eh? ;) but always get kill, think I only played one game with you

Cappy: You are so good, you can do drills even at 2am! It was nice playing wif ya

Timeless & Pete: holy , it was unbadmintonic badminton played against you guys, like most repeated games I have ever played hahaha, yeah Pete seem tired and sleepy and Timeless looked like a pirate/ gang star

wwcbro: good teamwork to beat the sleeper and the pirate 4 times!

richo: thx for signing me and giving me guestpass

bighook: nice singles game to finish off the night and you proved again to be better than you look and better than me but I look better than you but not better than you but not better than JChen99 who is not better than bighook

sorry I didn't goto night snack like I was orginally planned to but a friend pulled me back to play singles and ohhh it was so fun

12. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Ah... Smashingbird was in full flight through his game, pressuring his VRC opponents the whole time. I think me and Bighook had a very close contest with the RBC guys. I agree that it's a good game. It's too bad that I didn't get to play with Dave and Smashingbird that much. Thought it would be good to have them get some chance to play with the other VRC-BF'ers:D.

Only reason why I bothered to do additional drills with SB is because I needed them:eek:. Anyway, I felt so much older at the end of the session:(. Thanks for showing up, everybody:)!

13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Yeah, I was totally burned out after five days of play. I just couldn't pull through even though we led in a few games by 14-9, 14-10 and so on. Timeless gave his best shots. Now I understand why Aki takes the summer off. Maybe I should pack up the racquets and go for Grouse Grind (GG) runs!

BTW, timeless is out of action for at least one month.

14. Marky

Marky Regular Member

Pete: oh, does timeless hurt? or he goes for a vacation?

15. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Thanks for asking. Timeless is on the disable list. I believe he tore his hamstring or something. Wish him a speedy recovery.

16. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Yeah, Timeless... hope you recover soon! I had a partial tear on my left one two years ago. Took me a week of rest before I ease myself back into competitive baddy. The stupid thing was I got it while running all out in a field on a cold windy day playing ultimate fresbie with my friends during a visit to Calgary. I didn't warm-up and was wearing jeans:(. One could see a blot of blood haemorrhaging underneath the skin:(.

#36 cappy75, Jul 13, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2004
  17. Marky

Marky Regular Member

Ooops;....timeless, hope you recover soon.

18. wwcbro

wwcbro Regular Member

timeless...How on earth did you tore your hamstring?? I do hope you have a speedy & complete recovery. Take it easy mate.

Post 7-Ten..
    I am still recovering from the aches & pains. My left shoulder is giving me hell...I know, eventhough I am righthanded. Strange, huh? Reckoned I played at least 5 games with SB against PeteLSD & timeless. I agreed with SB, it is unbadmintonic...whatever that means :D Thanks to the 15Loves for showing how to thrash c75 & I with the most mininmal effort. Sorry c75!
    I think I played with a few others..richho,mr.speed78,bighook,604badder and...that is it :eek: Sorry to miss out with speed78, w22c, kitty, Oyaji S.Cat, mrs.timeless & ttt. For sure next time (most likely Jul 24th) :) Who is Marky?
    Yeah..bighook nearly got me on my head, good thing I duck just in time for the shuttle to zinged me right earlobe. Sure burned. I am not sure why I can't seem to focus when playing in VRC. I can't keep track of the score (not once did I managed to keep the score for a complete game!) and can't quite judge shots that are out on the baseline but especially the sideline, also I can't seem to anticipate those shots that seem to want to take my head off!!!!!!!

Yeah...next time. :rolleyes:

#38 wwcbro, Jul 13, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2004
  19. SmashingBird

I saw you ran towards the smash like head first, must still be in euro mood, trying to headbutt the bird or something, you always get hit in the head, or are you really trying to headbutt the bird?

20. wwcbro

wwcbro Regular Member

Nooo....It is actually w22c who got me in my head, c75 on my right cheek and now bighook on my right ear. These guys are all from collingwood..hey, maybe I am onto something here. Okay, In the next gathering, I will play the next person out of collingwood. Better be wearing head protection of some kind :D :D