a way of play

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by taufik-ist, Aug 23, 2005.

1. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    a player based on attacking like lindan, bao will last short

just remember haryanto arbi who had superb (1000 watt) smashing

2. the_way

the_way Regular Member

errmm.....lindan and chunla are not 100% attacking player like haryanto arbi...

sometimes they prefer playing rallies

errmmm....i doubt any players today who play like heryanto.....though taufik got smashes like heryanto, he still prefer rally game.

and also, i think most top player will try to avoid heryanto's style....if u haf to play in rubber game, u r in deep deep trouble. :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    Chen Hong is an all out attacker, best when all out attacking, his other half of game is boring and not up to scratch.

Lin and Bao are counter attackers, look to make an attack from defense. Lee Chong Wei seems to have changed from this to all out attacking under new coach Li Mao.

Taufik and Lin Dan can play all out attacking or patient game. You can see a big difference in the smashes. Taufik's looks more natural produced from technique, whilst Lin Dan's is from raw muscle power. You feel in 10-20 years time, Taufik could still smash the same, but Lin Dan's will suffer a bit.

At the other end of the scale is the defensive players, who are slowly being taken over like Roslin. Even Shon Seung Mo had train to attack a lot more during the Olympics, which is probably why he has been injured.

In any case, it is no longer enough to have one play style and stick to it, you need to be able to constantly adapt to your opponents and conditions.

4. rachelchan

rachelchan Regular Member

The only player I can see now has this kind of potential will change his game plan & adapt to his opponents well is Taufik. His defense & attack skill are extremely excellent !!! Lin Dan should improve more on his technique on smashing..as you said..he might not be able to smash so powerfully few years later when age catching up, but I believe Taufik is still able to do it. His life span maybe longer than Lin Dan. If we study Taufik well, not difficult to notice that he doesn't waste much energy, instead he plays based on his good judgement and smash at the right time ! Understand that smashing need lots of energy and make you tired pretty soon.

So I would say Taufik's game is a combination of skill / technique and strategy...

Agree ????

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    In singles, there is some truth to the saying that your smashing is only as good as your control of the net. In the Taufit/Lin Dan game, where was Lin Dan's control of the net? I think this was the key.

6. rachelchan

rachelchan Regular Member

Lin Dan seems to be weak on the net play..while Taufik is exceptional good at that,attributes to most of his scores. That's why LD lost his game too. Obviously Taufik has studied LD game well and therefore applied the right approach in the Final.