Aaron Chia/ Wooi Yik Soh ... the next generation

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pajrul, Aug 4, 2018.

1. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Yeah..but that "never give up" is not an attitude. It's a skill that's really really hard to acquire overnight. I think a bigger problem is the lack of creativity. Their play seemed predictable and very " Malaysian" ( tendency to lift and lift with no idea how to quickly counter when under intense attack)

2. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

totally agree with you on this. The game evolved yet typical Malaysian style still remain same.. always lifting.

3. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

I remember reading teo's interview prior to indonesia open and he said that paulus want them (malaysian MD) to play like an indonesian MD, he said they learn a lot from kevin/marcus and ahsan/hendra, the current world number 1 and 2. don't know what happen though, it seems like they all back to their natural style again (lifting too much).

https://www.bolasport.com/read/3117...dijadikan-panutan-ganda-putra-malaysia?page=2

4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

To me, Aaron Chia looked overweight.. Look like KKK, maybe even fatter than him. Not sure how long he will last at the top of the game. AE RU is their best achievement to date. Looking for them to win their 1st SS, it will be good that people share the load in winning and it should be , in ultra competitive MD.

Though I feel, its GohTan that will play in the OG and that may not be the best thing for Malaysia badminton.

5. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

That last paragraph....yes, you're right, It just meant, we have stagnated, again