ABC Birdievent Team Winter Competition 2009

Discussion in 'Arcadia Badminton Club ( ABC )' started by pramana, Nov 16, 2009.

1. y'oinks!

y'oinks! Regular Member

student?
    I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but I can't help it. I was thinking that maybe we can make the tournament into an signature Arcadia Badminton Club event. I can imagine many local businesses chipping in to sponsor in various ways by donations, drinks/snacks, shuttles, keepsakes, etc... Of course, using the tournament fees to help pay for incentives is always a viable idea. I'm pretty sure the local paper and other media outlets would love to cover the tournament in with their news also. I'm picturing this as feel good friendly tournament still, much as this first one was.

2. ajangs

ajangs New Member

Physician
    I was thinking that next tournament, in order to encourage both man and women to participate, perhaps require 1 mix double team so ladies can play as well.

i regret that i have to take my lady off my team for the next round due to higher level of competition.

Another thought is that. I actually feel that the order of the play can actually determine the outcome of the team match.

The final game for our team ( after 2-2 tie) has actually gone to the rubber set. if we would of won that set. LA and us would both be 4-1 and we will be holding the tie break. How to position the match can be crucial when you do not have strength throughtout your 5 pairs.

Andy

3. ajangs

ajangs New Member

Physician
    Hey rudy

If you are going to have 3 brackets next time, learning from this tournament. would you consider putting the top 3 teams from this tournament into separate bracket as seeded team so they won't clash the first round?

Also, just want to reply from previous questions
    t shirt does not apply to our team since we already have uniform
    And just to be clear, as team leader, i did not ask coaches to join, but due to the excitment and format for this tournament, coaches actually has interest to participate and would like to join
    Other teams put coaches on when they see the competition is too strong.

Andy

4. SuperBird

SuperBird Regular Member

Doctor
  5. pramana

pramana Regular Member

Andy:

Yes, it is a good idea to let every team to have 1 pair of mixed-double. I think the mixed-double must play on the 3rd match to be fair. We will discuss it on the next meeting prior to the announcement of the event.

We also received suggestion to have 12 person per team (2 reserved) maximum, so there will be no "re-grouping" after the qualification rounds.

Regarding to brackets, we can put the best 3 teams from recent results on separate brackets, however I believe these teams will re-group anyway, which their strength and teams composition will be different, especially the idea to add mixed-double in the team.

Thank you,
    Birdievent.com

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

So..

..will this be one of the compulsory matches in group play? If a team doesn't have a mixed doubles pair, then that team can't compete? or the team can still compete but will have to forfeit the XD match??..:confused:

#46 ctjcad, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  7. pramana

pramana Regular Member

Chris:

We will discuss the mixed-double idea in the next meeting to see if other team leaders will like the concept, especially with the reserved players in consideration.
    Do we require two women in a team, which is one as reserved (possibility of injury) or only have one and gamble since men are more competitive and prone to injury?

We will talk to team leaders to get their feedback...

thanks,
    birdievent.com